Possible fix for a boring smoke?

A little experiment last night with a couple nc's, and it doesn't have to be nc's. My wife pushes pretty hard for me to smoke only one cigar a week. So in order to get closer to that and not be let down with a boring smoke (have quite a few lonely nc's in my humidor) smoke two or more at one time, anybody try it? This was only two cigars, but it helped a lot! I think next is try several at a time! Some may only get a half inch, some to the nub. And if you don't want to waste them, try it in a group, specifically a group you don't mind sharing a little saliva with!

Last Sunday I smoked an H. Upmann #ir Winston and a Punch RS 11. I started to smoke thebSir Winnie but found the draw a bit too tight. So I pulled out the Punch thining I was gonna lay to rest the Sir Winnie. Well I started smoking the Punch but ended up working on the Sir Winnie and lo and behold, the draw got better. So I double fisted.

One cigar a week? That's tyranny… what's next, one scotch a month, one sex session a year? :snooty::party:

Be interesting to see some of the women's perspective on that ;)

Be interesting to see some of the women's perspective on that ;)

LeafLover says he double fisted...

And if you don't want to waste them, try it in a group, specifically a group you don't mind sharing a little saliva with!

I stopped passing around smokes when I gave up the green leaf!

That said, I may take a puff on someone else's or offer one on something special very occasionally.

• Like 1

Never really heard of smoking more than one at a time, at least not under reasonable or normal circumstances. I've had more than a good share of boring smokes. But if it's too boring I just stop smoking it, wait awhile, then light up a better one. Sorry if it might offend anybody to hear this, but it sounds just like the decadent ancient Greek practice at the vomitorium...so much to choose from, why we'll just choose everything, puke it out, then sample something else - right at the same sitting! Not a way to enjoy or sample life in my humble opine. One at a time, end it or stop it - or just enjoy to the end, THEN light up another.

• Like 1

I have a client in a "country just north of us" whom handled "uninteresting cigars" by drilling a small hole from foot to cap and "applying" a little powdered "narcotic" lookaround.gif

......no...i am not recommending it rolleyes.gif

One of the happiest people I have ever met however biggrin.png

I have a client in a "country just north of us" whom handled "uninteresting cigars" by drilling a small hole from foot to cap and "applying" a little powdered "narcotic" lookaround.gif

Thats what Swisher Sweets are for, or Acids...

Now that will fix it.

One cigar a week? That's tyranny… what's next, one scotch a month, one sex session a year? snooty.gifparty.gif

Sex session? Gee, it makes it feel so official and bureaucratic. Je pensais que les francais etaient des romantiques!

Jeeze that'd make you cough!

Talk about a headrush

Sorry if it might offend anybody to hear this, but it sounds just like the decadent ancient Greek practice at the vomitorium...

What are you talking about? A vomitorium is an exit passage or tunnel in an amphitheatre or stadium.

And, the Romans were supposed to vomit during feasts, not the Greeks… anyway, the fact is considered a popular misconception.

Never really heard of smoking more than one at a time, at least not under reasonable or normal circumstances. I've had more than a good share of boring smokes. But if it's too boring I just stop smoking it, wait awhile, then light up a better one. Sorry if it might offend anybody to hear this, but it sounds just like the decadent ancient Greek practice at the vomitorium...so much to choose from, why we'll just choose everything, puke it out, then sample something else - right at the same sitting! Not a way to enjoy or sample life in my humble opine. One at a time, end it or stop it - or just enjoy to the end, THEN light up another.

No offense taken... I'm just saying it wasn't as boring and I have quite a few nc's that many find quite pleasing and I've already tried practically giving them away :)

What are you talking about? A vomitorium is an exit passage or tunnel in an amphitheatre or stadium.

And, the Romans were supposed to vomit during feasts, not the Greeks… anyway, the fact is considered a popular misconception.

Well then I guess we have to have it out with the high school teachers and some documentary specials from yesteryear who taught us that there was so much decadence and massive amounts of everything in that ancient period of the Greeks (and Romans) that "vomitoriums" were just for that purpose - to sample EVERYTHING, then purge the stomach so they could sample/enjoy MORE. It's disgusting and nauseating to even contemplate that, yet if my observations are wrong in the "who" it was that did that - then hey, one can only relay what one was taught from another time period. There are some teachings that have been corrected through the years too on certain subjects.

No offense taken... I'm just saying it wasn't as boring and I have quite a few nc's that many find quite pleasing and I've already tried practically giving them away smile.png

I've personally found more enjoyment and satisfaction out of some low prices bundled smokes compared to the highly expensive premiums. I never regret trying anything. I've read those articles about the unfortunate experiences of some B&M owners who are plagued by jokers who want to return to them a half-chewed, nasty, disgusting cigar butt claiming they didn't enjoy it and demand their money back. Say WHAAAAT??? If I acquire a reasonably well made cigar and I don't like it - I just can't see taking it back to the proprietor for a refund. It's not his fault. Hell, it's not even the manufacturer's fault. I just didn't like that particular smoke. You try and you sample, you get a hit or a miss. Why try to get one's money back?? I'll just know I don't want THAT particular smoke. And as a true connoisseur...I may decide to get it again, try it a few more times just to see. And if I consistently don't like it, then I'll know. No worries, mate as our Aussie brethren say!