2nd tier Bands/Entertainers from your country ....who have played a part of your life

This is not a Springsteen/Beatles/ Stones/Eminen/Beyonce zone.

1-2 bands/entertainers from your country that you would like to share because..well you loved them, they influenced your life to some degree.

The first for me is the classic Aussie band " Hoodoo Gurus"

I have seen them at concert many times. They were a pub band in reality that were so talented that went international with no plan...just great music.

Sample?...just fun and a classic. Miss Freelove 69.

For those of us who travel. 1000 miles away is an anthem.

The second band "Hunters and Collectors" Again another magnificent catalogue of work. I will only post one song.Mark Seymour dedicates it to his mother. Google the rest. brilliant.

• Like 2

Definitely worth mentioning the Black Sorrows. Harley & Rose just reminds me of growing up in inner city Melbourne.

Paul Kelly is also another most non Aussies should check out

• Like 1

I listened to Hoodo Gurus in the 80´s a lot. Totally forgotten about them. Good call to bring back those memories Prez.

The only big international band from Sweden must be mentioned in a thread like this; ABBA.

It was totally uncool to like them in the 80´s but loved them as much ass all the strange bands from the same era (Television, New York Dolls, etc).

I remember the Hoodoo Gurus. Fun little band.

For me it would have to be a toss up between Skinny Puppy and/or FLA (although both share a similar DNA)...although i wouldn't consider either of them 2nd tier...that would be reserved for Springsteen peace.gif

I would post something from each but I'm just being lazy about searching for them on youtube...

E

Wish I could contribute, however being from Israel and having songs written in Hebrew will probably not get the understating it should.

That being said here goes, the band is called Kaveret or bee hive in English.

This song reminds me of my childhood as it speaks of the birth of the country and its evolution:

Robert Earl Keen

Chris Knight

Adam Carroll

Charlie Robison

(older) Pat Green

(older) Jack Ingram

Cory Morrow

Jerry Jeff Walker

Guy Clark

Steve Earle

Scott Miller

Charlie Daniels

Too many others to name, music is and has always been a big part of my life.

Robert Earl Keen

Chris Knight

Adam Carroll

Charlie Robison

(older) Pat Green

(older) Jack Ingram

Cory Morrow

Jerry Jeff Walker

Guy Clark

Steve Earle

Scott Miller

Charlie Daniels

Too many others to name, music is and has always been a big part of my life.

along the lines of Steve Earle met a band leader for a band called Hard Lucy back about 15 years ago in Texas kind of an interesting time

Wish I could contribute, however being from Israel and having songs written in Hebrew will probably not get the understating it should.

That being said here goes, the band is called Kaveret or bee hive in English.

This song reminds me of my childhood as it speaks of the birth of the country and its evolution:

No lehakat sefatayim?

LOVE THEM!!!

first - there is a reason that all these are "second tier" bands.

secondly - without any attempt to highjack this thread in any way (after all, who would ever look to a "second tier band" thread for anything or any discussion about bruce), may i express my utter outrage that you or anyone would group beyonce or enimem with bruce. i am so deeply offended that i am now withdrawing from the forum till mid july (granted i was already doing that as off for work but now i have a legit reason).

thirdly - colt, your first post echoed my thoughts exactly.

finally - bjorn again. seriously? no one? mind you, the bjorn again who used to play pubs and back rooms in sydney before they became massive. sorry - couldn't resist.

These are the bands I mentioned before in my other post:

Good Rats always come to mind when I think of underrated bands. Peppi Marchello was about as underrated as it gets when it comes to a singer.

Advertisement in the Voice is probably their most well known song.

Big Star is another band that comes to mind. There is a good documentary about them on Netflix that covers their under appreciated music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0dsLPntBM