2007 Limited Edition Cigars

If you ever need a laugh, just type Regalos, Escudos, or Ingenios into the search bar. (i know of the stipulations... don't comment on the statistical possibilities. this list is supposed to just be humorous! nothing else!)

Results come up as:

-Worst LE Ever

-What cigar doesn't like you?

-This box was a mistake

-Once bitten, twice shy...

-Biggest disappointment cigar

But anyways, i see these 07s available so bleeding often nowadays at decent mark-ups. I've tried the Escuderos and the Regalos only recently (both to a bland start and finish) and have just sold my remaining fivers. my regret is buying them but the regret is partially negated because i sold both those sticks to some people who happily took them.

That means that ARE people out there who are enjoying them!!

Now, my questions remain:

-What are your opinions on them right now?

-What were your opinions when they first came out?

-Why can i find these cigars in more places than half of the current production cigars right now? (walk into your local Bn'Ms and see how many Regalos there are compared to Fundadores)

-Is there really hope for ageing?

The last question i am quite curious about seeing a decently sized minority agreeing on flatlining LEs.

Good question. I honestly don't know why there are so many around (perhaps overproduction or slow sellers). I think the Regalos are great cigar flavor wise but quality of wrapper tobacco is iffy ( fire retardant).

but quality of wrapper tobacco is iffy ( fire retardant).

you raise an interesting point, Dan......

I would extend that and just say it happens to the vast majority of LEs. Worst offenders (for me) include: Sublimes, Extra, and Dukes

Good question. I honestly don't know why there are so many around (perhaps overproduction or slow sellers). I think the Regalos are great cigar flavor wise but quality of wrapper tobacco is iffy ( fire retardant).

Good point.

A great Regalos is an excellent cigar. Well rolled, good blend, oily wrapper. I have however one of those boxes you are talking about....sandpaper wrapper. I know it is crap. It the reason I don't put it up for sale.

I have however one of those boxes you are talking about....sandpaper wrapper. I know it is crap. It the reason I don't put it up for sale.

Hmmmmm... i remember this from somewhere......... Oh where is it....

idea.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JtyspNzICHo#t=513

There we are!

"Fireproof cigars... That's an interesting thought" lmao.gif

I gave my Regalos another attempt recently....dog turds wrapped in roof shingles!

• Like 1

I smoked a Regalos at a tasting event at Boisdale Canary Wharf. I liked it, it was a good cigar. The 2013 RyJ Mille Fleurs I smoked yesterday was far superior though, but that's of course just me.

I like all of them - as opposed to many later LEs. I believe it was simply a matter of overproduction. Some of the Regalos indeed have the fireproof wrappers but I picked ones that didn't ;)

I tried the Regalos and wasn't too impressed.... It's interesting as, on the RE side of things, in 2007 out comes things like the PL Robusto and the Monte Conde 109.

• Like 1

Nothing interesting in these to me. Didn't care for them when they came out, haven't had any in years because they never improved to my liking. The whole EL program is certainly very successful for HSA, but so few can be justified at their obese pricing that delivers low value imo, that I would not be sorry for it to either die out, or be changed in some relevant way.

Ingenios were the first Cuban cigar that I really hated and regretted buying.

wowsers!

why the generous review??

It's scientific fact based on the box I have.

but so few can be justified at their obese pricing that delivers low value imo, that I would not be sorry for it to either die out, or be changed in some relevant way.

perhaps that's why everyone's jumping on those Magnum 48s after a while. after 3 more years of expensive LEs, these turn out to be the cheapest sticks that won't be staying for long anymore! still plenty when i visited Cuba last winter (half a year ago), actually

x2 on getting rid fo the LE programme in general. I haven't smoked ANY 2013 or 2012 LEs.... just no appeal nowadays.

in 2007 out comes things like the PL Robusto and the Monte Conde 109.

interesting point.

Also, in 2007, (slightly unrelated as it was from the '02 harvest) my favourite Cuban Cigar post '02 has been the Montecristo Reserva No.4. Absolutely fantastic smokes, those.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this a little, but the Regalos for me was one of my favourite LE's from recent memory. Tasted flipping awesome. I understand the issue with the fire resistant wrapper, but still, was worth it.

no worries Stephen. great 100 post to bump my humble thread party.gif

anyway, that's strange, Stephen... how did you enjoy the Short Piramide and Grand Epi, then?

I liked the Short Pir, smoked a few when they first came out, maybe would have to revisit as they didn't blow me away, expected a little more perhaps

Havent tried the Grand Epi... dunno if it appeals to me...

I liked the Short Pir, smoked a few when they first came out, maybe would have to revisit as they didn't blow me away, expected a little more perhaps

Havent tried the Grand Epi... dunno if it appeals to me...

Short Piramides was excellent at 76 CUC / box. probably the best LE out there.

didn't have to blow you away as the construction was pretty ample. plus it was a 2011 LE that didn't taste like an NC ;)

Grand Epicures are a different story...........

Short Piramides was excellent at 76 CUC / box. probably the best LE out there.

didn't have to blow you away as the construction was pretty ample. plus it was a 2011 LE that didn't taste like an NC wink.png

Grand Epicures are a different story...........

Yeah - those are a story of absolute shite in a box :rolleyes: