test photo post

1) You can use a computer to post by clicking more options or use full editor, then uploading your photos, and then once they are uploaded you have to click add to post. If you don't click add to post after you upload, then it won't work and your cursor has to be in the post where you want the pic to go.

2) In Taptalk, you can upload pics that are on your movie device or take a new photo to upload, it's pretty easy that way and self explanatory.

3) You can copy and paste pictures in the thread directly.

Sky, thanks for the help. I've tried several things. I received the photo in an email. I then saved it to my desk top and also saved it to my Photobucket account. I then tried to cut and paste it direct into the post by right clicking on the photo and choose "copy", but when I try to paste it in the post, the "paste" option when I right click in the post is not an option.

I also tried using the the photobucket "copy url" but when I copy it in the post, it doesn't show the picture, only the url address. And that works but it also allows others clicking on the link to view all my photos in Photobucket.

How do you simply paste the photo right into the post? No link to follow, just the photo itself like you see in the daily smoke forum and other places on this site???

Thanks once again for trying to help a total idiot.

You can upload it to the gallery or with Photobucket you can click on the picture then click on the IMG box to the right. It will copy the URL and you can paste that where you want in the post.

To use the Gallery point to your name on the top right, select My Gallery and then you'll see an upload button.

Hope that helps.

When using photobucket you should have 4 different options to copy the photo... I always use the IMG but I'm sure other links will work..

Here's a pic of the "photo links" after hitting copy in my photobucket.. I'm using my iPhone not a PC. Hope this helps

BF2D78C6-794B-4205-AFE6-1E2C135DF683_zps

• Like 1

If you are replying to an active conversation you upload photos like this:

Step One- Click 'More Reply Options' button next to the "Post" botton (if you're starting a new thread, you will go into the fully optioned reply page by default)

Step Two- Type your reply in the box

Step Three- Scroll to the bottom of the screen until you see "Attach Files" and then click "Browse". A new window will pop up that you can find and select the picture or pictures you wish to attach to your reply.

Step Four- When you have found the photo you wis to upload in your hard drive, double click it. The pop up winow will close and the file path way will apear in the text box next to the "Browse" button

Step Five- Click the button marked "Attach This File" located under the file pathway box. Wait for approx 20 second while the file uploads. When it has uploaded you will see a file name and small preview apear directly under your reply box. Repeat this step until all the pictures you wish to upload are showing

Step Six- In the body of text that is your reply, locate where you would like the photo to be placed and click that spot so that the curser is there

Step Seven- Return to the bottom of the reply box and click "Add to Post" located on the under the bottom right hand corner of the reply box. Repeat steps Six and Seven until all the photos you wish to attach are done

Step Eight- Click the Preview Post tile at the bottom of the page to make sure everything is where you want it

Step Nine- Click "Add Reply"

Hint- It helps to make sure the pictures you are uploading arent too large as they will take ages to upload and may not display correctly. I like to shrink all the pics i take with my phon down to 30% of original size before emailing them to myself and uploading them here

party.gifclap.gif

Thanks Oliver.

Yeah, I think I may post it on all the forums. Even the Cheap and Cheerful! spotlight.gifrotfl.gif

Bob says it will take about 8 weeks, so it will be a major test of my patience (of which I have very little). In the mean time, I've painted my new room, hung a new ceiling fan, ordered a ventilation fan, and will add a 50 inch flat screen and a nice leather smoking chair and side table.

My wife is giving me all this because I'm painting and redoing every room inside our house. Myself. Me. I'm doing it. I hope to be through by the end of July. I think I deserve an Aristocrat. king.gif

• Like 1

Congrats, man.

Show us your cave as well!

Here in Brazil we don't use "cave" expression.

Translating would be something like "warrior corner".

I am planning to have my warrior corner for months but so far everything I have is cigars spotlight.gif

• Like 1

Nice choice with the Aristocrat. If I may ask, what is the ballpark figure for one like that? Are you getting temperature control also since you are in the hot humid southeast? I remember when you first joined the forum and now it looks like you have turned into a serious aficionado!!

i'm happy to be rude. even i can manage it! normally.

so there is someone more technically incompetent than me on this forum?

Sadly, yes, Ken. But my feet are cleaner than yours! nyah.gif

Nice choice with the Aristocrat. If I may ask, what is the ballpark figure for one like that? Are you getting temperature control also since you are in the hot humid southeast? I remember when you first joined the forum and now it looks like you have turned into a serious aficionado!!

Just under $2500 w/$200 shipping. (Mod's, if illegal to discuss, please delete). No temp control (adds a lot to the cost) because my house is centrally heated and cooled and stays around 70-72 degrees in the summer and around 68 degrees in the winter. rH inside is a near constant 55% and I've had constant 65% rH in my two desktops and my tupperdore with almost no maintenance using one tube of Heartfelt beads in the tupperdore.

I have gotten pretty serious about this hobby. I've been a cigar smoker for about 12 years now, but have just begun to build an inventory for about a year. My trip to Cuba in 2012 ruined me, and my pocket book.