H Upmann Coronas

OK, so H Upmann Coronas Major vs. Petit Coronas. Any opinions? Any preference of one over the other? Anything different between the two besides .25 inch (and the aluminum tube)?

Sxf everything is good right now. upmann anything needs time.

I disagree 100%. I've been enjoying some 11 Connie #1s, and 2012 hupc, huhc, and coronas major. All fresh and all smoking great. The mag 46s need time and the royal robustos need time. Idk about the sir winnies as I do not have a box to sample from. I'd say most upmann is smoking great fresh from the 2011/2012 box code range. Idk about 2013s yet as I've only had a couple from an huhc box.

Back to the OT, the upmann PCs are pretty damn good right now. Classic upmann flavors and more well rounded of the two. The corona majors and minors are smoking well but will be a bit less elegant and a tad more wild. All 3 have classic upmann flavors to me and I do rotate through the coronas major and PC quite a bit. You really can't go wrong with either.

The mag 46s need time

Sorry off

Meanwhie I disagree with this. 100%. Magnum 46 are smoking wonderful fresh and young lately. Pure perfection.

They're great after 5-8yrs as well, but I I always feel I'm missing the edges and nuances when aged. Turning into a different animal for sure. But a better one? I dont know. Not for me.

All subjective.

On

Not a fan of corona major, though haven't had more than 10 back in 12 never tried since

Blasted through a fresh box of corona majors last year, nubed pretty much all of them! Not as complex as the PC but a great smoke for chatting in the sun with. Soft sweet cream and hints of leathery choc. Yum.

Massive under the radar cigar on forums it seems

Both are fantastic cigars but price with you can't go wrong with the CM

Thanks for the insights, yall. So, basically I'll buy one, hit up a few other things I've on my list, and then try the other!

Both need serious down time. SXF05 PCs are good right now.

'05?! For that little stick (Corona Major)? That is serious downtime! I did enjoy my '10 in tubes that I sampled and wrote up a couple months back, but even the '10's I found a tad wild and could possibly use more rest, maybe another 5 years is right! Lol.. They were enjoyable as is, but still had some tiny issues that could be either youth or just a cheaper cigar.

Blasted through a fresh box of corona majors last year, nubed pretty much all of them! Not as complex as the PC but a great smoke for chatting in the sun with. Soft sweet cream and hints of leathery choc. Yum.

Massive under the radar cigar on forums it seems

Both are fantastic cigars but price with you can't go wrong with the CM

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more.

Hopefully you at least tried to agree more. wink2.gif

Any specific flavor or aroma notes present in one but not the other? Or is it merely a difference in level of complexity/elegance?

Any specific flavor or aroma notes present in one but not the other? Or is it merely a difference in level of complexity/elegance?

To me both classic upmann; creamy leather, shortbread and milky sweet coffee. The CM has a little more bullish strength in its leather compared to the PC which has it slightly more subtle and in the background

But for me, with age, upmann leather nearly vanishes and turns into sweet cream, so it's not a huge issue. The PC is more of a premium cigar so it's just a little more refined and balanced.

Maybe grab 10 singles of each and a fiver of Connie #1? The best way is always to smoke and see!

The corona major is mainly Mercedes saddlery's leather when the pc is more Ferrari leather… snooty.gif

(believe it or not, I read this comparison years ago on a french cigar newsgroup – no forum yet – can't remember for which cigars)

• 2 months later...

How do the regalias fit into this discussion?

No where near the refinement of the pc,in fact I found them a bit dull tasting.Even after a year of additional age there was no improvement.