Help with a Fissure in a Cigar?

Man was i happy to receive this stick...... Took it out and smelled it.

post-19800-0-71063500-1395698546_thumb.j

But on the way of smelling it, i noticed a little something. Something quite eerie:

post-19800-0-03976500-1395698575_thumb.jpost-19800-0-19414300-1395698594_thumb.j

I've never had one THIS intense before..... :(

Anyone have the best idea to deal with this!?! To save this precious wee stick that would've been soooo good?

I'm lazy.....I'd wet the head to soften the wrapper up, and take an extra long cut. Snip that cracked head off. Should still smoke fine I would hope.

now i see why you're banned from Cuba -___-

however, on the serious note of taping it: i do have cigar glue and cuban wrappers. if worse comes to worse, i'll have to tape that up with an exploded Cohiba Robusto smartass.gif

Yep, that's what I'd suggest.

On occasions when I pull off the band and a bit of wrapper comes with it I'll just pull off a bit of wrapper from the end of the cigar, moisten the area and stick the piece of leaf over the offending spot.

Usually works just fine so I imagine if you take a bit of gum and some wrapper from another cigar you'd be just fine. Might want to put a bit rolled up into the crack before gluing the extra wrapper on too.

Hope it smokes well for you when you do smoke it.

I'm lazy.....I'd wet the head to soften the wrapper up, and take an extra long cut. Snip that cracked head off. Should still smoke fine I would hope.

maybe with a standard issue Siglo III, or Monte 1.... but not with this cigar! :(

Usually works just fine so I imagine if you take a bit of gum and some wrapper from another cigar you'd be just fine. Might want to put a bit rolled up into the crack before gluing the extra wrapper on too.

Hope it smokes well for you when you do smoke it.

keep in mind that this is the BINDER that has a full on inch that's crapped up. it will effect the draw and ANY chance i have of nubbing this stick...

This might be an ugly solution but you can use a zig zag rolling paper and rip the glue strip off a sheet and doctor as needed

Oh god NO!

NEVER paper rollies! The method works well, but use ultra thin rice paper rollies and cigar gum for repairs. Paper zig zags will just make it taste like a cigarette.

This might be an ugly solution but you can use a zig zag rolling paper and rip the glue strip off a sheet and doctor as needed

Oh god NO!

NEVER paper rollies! The method works well, but use ultra thin rice paper rollies and cigar gum for repairs. Paper zig zags will just make it taste like a cigarette.

i'm gonna trust ryan's anger on this one.

besides, i do have cohiba wrappers, so that should be too bad. think i should use sancho panza so it doesn't overpower this 70s stick.

the only reason i ask this is because i want to run it by you mates so i don't waste a cigar like this. wish me luck gents, i'll be smoking this in a month or so...

cut a long strip of wrapper tobacco wide enough to cover the crack and long enought to go around the cigar 3 or more times,glue it and enjoy.

You may even fold a leaf or two and trim it to fill the gap before hand,unless the tobacco is pliable enough to close firmly.

cut a long strip of wrapper tobacco wide enough to cover the crack and long enought to go around the cigar 3 or more times,glue it and enjoy.

You may even fold a leaf or two and trim it to fill the gap before hand,unless the tobacco is pliable enough to close firmly.

the issue with that is that i don't want the flavours to overpower the subtle Cifuentes ones....

i'm quite afraid i won't be able to smoke it down as far as possible.

Yes, like a flute.

Might as well drill some holes on the sides and smoke it while keeping various holes open and closed through the length of the cigar. Who knows the complex aromas and flavors achieved by this mindblowing advance in smoking technique?!

• Like 1

Smoke it from the foot. Light the head and smoke from the foot. I smoked a churchill from the foot once (a friend challenged me to, andi was curious) and it was fine. The whole thing smoked perfectly.

Is this an NC?

Is this an NC?

:o That remains a negative.

Here's a little link to Nino's site. Explaining it much better than I ever can

http://flyingcigar.de/friends/201008-min-ron-nee-cigars-cifuentes-cristal-tubo/

Honestly, if it weren't for the price tag, I'd be cutting off inches and this wouldn't even be a thread, hahaha :lol:

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

I'd agree with cutting as usual and covering the crack as best as possible with lips / fingers to try and get a draw.

Hmmmmmm. Never thought of a lassiez faire...

Perhaps I'll try this and keep a wrapper on hand just in case! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

Oh god NO!

Hahah, I should have thought of rice rollies lol but I would think that ripping just the strip of glue (from a rice paper rollie) and using just that to seal up for a good draw wouldnt be terrible as long as you pull it off when you get near it making sure not to burn it lol but then again it would probably be best to leave that kind of fix for a less rare smoke cigar.gif Goodluck with it!!