Really like these. Coffee leather and some earthiness with the occasional subtle hint of chocolate. Been smoking these all the way down to their little band. What are others thoughts?

+1 on that. In my top 3 for short smokes, the other 2 being the Trini Reyes and the Party Short.

In some (not grey) markets, at less than half the price of the Monte 5, I think they are possibly the best priced cigar coming out of the Cuba at the moment, at a price/value consideration. Not the most exciting cigars in the world but I haven't had a bad one.

• Like 1

In some (not grey) markets, at less than half the price of the Monte 5, I think they are possibly the best priced cigar coming out of the Cuba at the moment, at a price/value consideration. Not the most exciting cigars in the world but I haven't had a bad one.

Agreed.

btw I find interesting that hey have nothing in common with the RG panatela extra or the corona extra, they remind me the former "Très petit lonsdale", discontinued long ago…

To be the voice of dissent, I absolutely, positively, hate them. 1.5 boxes in from my OR purchase and I can't stand them.

You must have a sophisticated palette to be able to narrow down the leather that specifically!

I always thought "tastes like ass" was a generic term.

No sophistication required when I try something I don't like. To me this is a cheap, unrefined stick at best. Think I'll try another one now just to give this stick a fair chance but after 10-12 I'm not optimistic.

I had one 5er a while back that I found OK. Fairly bland but and woody, but Ok or the price. I just smoked through 3 more from another pack and found them to be rather...well...bad. It's the last time I'll pick these up even if they are half the price of similar sized smokes.

I had one 5er a while back that I found OK. Fairly bland but and woody, but Ok or the price.

Then there is an other issue of consistency, because mine are at the opposite of "bland and woody". All the guys who purchased them as soon as were released were very surprised with the quality, and then the bad reviews started to appear here and there…

I have a few 5 packs, some are great, some are bad. Those that are great also have good construction, PE range, the bad ones don't look so good, but was surprised by a few. All in all I think that when on, this is a great short smoke that has a place in my C&C rotation

I've only had them from a few 5 packs as well. One pack had darker wrappers and were very good. Another pack had much lighter wrappers and were just "okay". There definitely is a "woody" component to the cigar, perhaps it may be described as a touch "oaky". I can see some people not liking this flavour. I'm still on the fence with this cigar. I think I'd rather spend my money on other options.

Big mouth-punch of oak for me, they were OR so stick the remaining 2 left from the 5 pack way down in the desktop to revisit in a couple of years. I can imagine them being something quite special in 5 or so years down the line if you prefer milder cigars, I've a sneaky feeling that raw oaky power will develop into something unique