free agency

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep Aquib Talib.Rumors say the Broncons are turning their attention to Steve Smith (suppose to get cut) and Daryl Smith....

Not too bad a start for my Redskins so far although I am a bit dissapointed that they were not able to sign safety Mike Mitchel away from the Panthers and lost out to the Steelers in obtaining him.Still hoping that they make a move to shore up the secondary. Ryan Clark visiting today but at 35 years old his ship has sailed IMO. They should have never let him go 9 years ago. Andre Roberts is a great addition as a receiver and they have added depth on the interior offensive line to protect RGIII.

my broncos have done an excellent job! I'd say the best offseason from the looks of it. Skins not so much.. roberts is decent #2 wr, but can't touch the broncos signings thus far. Ken &Tmac can only pray RG3 performs as he did 2 years ago for them to have a chance. Stop "hating" on my Broncos!! Talib, Ware and Ward are much needed for our D and pass rush. This will only balance out Broncos this year, which is much needed. Unfortunately Defense does win championships..Denver just didn't show up and the nail in the coffin was that td return by Harvin. Broncos will win at least 12 games this year. Regular season wins don't matter as much for this team as long as Manning doesn't choke in the playoffs/superbowl and the D is improved, which it will be. Also you guys do realize that NFL has a hard cap is the same for all teams (not mentioning a salary floor @89%-90% that all teams must abide by) Point being.. Broncos aren't the Yankees in the sense that they can spend ANY AMOUNT they want. It's not a soft cap. I liked Decker, but two Thomas bros and Welker are plenty for Manning to throw to.

(fantasy football team has been "Gym Manning Laundry" last two years with drunken monkey and tmac / alistair this past year. Now we just need Ken and Rob to play =] I usually load up on Broncos players, but had Manning stolen from me this year!! )

I can't for the life of me figure why the hell the 49ers would sign a bust QB like Gabbert! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big sign by the Pats with Revis, could not be happier right know as a Patriots fan. Had a feeling all along but still a little surprised BB spent the money. $$ well spent IMO.

Great signings buy Denver and New England, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to Manning and Brady staying healthy, without them both teams are going nowhere.

Eagles getting Sproles from New Orleans for a reported 5th round pick is a steal. With him and McCoy in the backfield, and the Eagles bringing back all three of their receivers, Chip Kelly is going to have a field day on offense. Now if only their defense could stop someone, we will be in good shape.

Also, as far as all the Broncos signings, ESPN Radio was talking about it all day yesterday. Apparently, they believe there is a 2 year window to bring a championship to Denver with Manning so they are going all out this offseason. Several of ESPN's football gurus stated that Denver is mortgaging their future to win in the present because come the 2016/2017 season, they will be in salary cap hell.

Possible exhibition games coming to Australia and potentially more.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/we-want-nfl-games-in-queensland-premier-20140311-hvhcy.html

would not bother with an exhibition game.

as for a season game, depend who it was.

as for aussies following nfl, interesting article recently about the number of americans following english soccer. communications make following sport from anywhere, easy these days. for me, i lived in DC ages ago and started following them then. back when they won superbowls.

skins have plenty of no name fill-ins but the arrival of hatcher - i am assuming he'll be fit? - is surely a big plus. i remember how he destroyed us earlier last season (i reckon the happiest bloke in the states at the moment would be rg3 - not going have that again).

and of course, always nice to take someone from the cowgirls.

Far as I'm concerned there are a lot of Bronco's defense players on the chopping block and even Von Miller is not safe. Suspended the first 6 games and when he came back I don't recall him being that effective. Many others were injured and they were in shambles by the Super Bowl. Far as offense I think they want to keep most of them but teach them some innovative new ideas like change the play calling when you know the defense has decoded them. Far as Rogers Cromartie, I understand the Jets are interested but many teams are turned off by his talk of retiring about a week after the Superbowl.

Far as SF's QB, who do you replace him with? Tebow? Not seeing any greats deals out there on QB's right now.

Dominic Rogers Cromartie only had a decent year last year because he was on a contender. When he's on a team that isn't one of the best in the NFL he's a quitter who takes plays off and provides terrible coverage.

Newest report is that the Patriots are chasing Brandon Browner, the guy that was suspended multiple times last year while playing for the Seadderall Seahawks.

I'm not a Detroit fan by any stretch but they just picked up Golden Tate to be opposite of Megatron. If Stafford doesnt have 40 TD's and 5,000 yards he should be kicked out of the NFL. The Lions should have no issue winning their division.

Actually, to me the most interesting team in the draft and free agency is Cleveland. That team should be a pro bowl team with all of the 1st and 2nd round draft picks they've had in the last 15 years. I'm sure they're going to waste their first pick on a QB but really they should either trade it for more picks or go for O-line or D-line and just pick up AJ Mcarron in the 3rd. I know that kid isn't a flashy, sexy QB but the kids a winner and a heck of a leader. He's going to be a star in the NFL.

Actually, to me the most interesting team in the draft and free agency is Cleveland. That team should be a pro bowl team with all of the 1st and 2nd round draft picks they've had in the last 15 years. I'm sure they're going to waste their first pick on a QB but really they should either trade it for more picks or go for O-line or D-line and just pick up AJ Mcarron in the 3rd. I know that kid isn't a flashy, sexy QB but the kids a winner and a heck of a leader. He's going to be a star in the NFL.

One thing you can be sure of is that whoever the Browns go with at QB will not be a star in the NFL. You can know that because the Browns signed him. Some things you can depend on.

Don't even get me started on this......If Texas ever gets a second football team, I might just start rooting for them!

sneaky.gif

Eagles getting Sproles from New Orleans for a reported 5th round pick is a steal. With him and McCoy in the backfield, and the Eagles bringing back all three of their receivers, Chip Kelly is going to have a field day on offense. Now if only their defense could stop someone, we will be in good shape.

Also, as far as all the Broncos signings, ESPN Radio was talking about it all day yesterday. Apparently, they believe there is a 2 year window to bring a championship to Denver with Manning so they are going all out this offseason. Several of ESPN's football gurus stated that Denver is mortgaging their future to win in the present because come the 2016/2017 season, they will be in salary cap hell.

One Broncos title in those two years and I'll be content!! Having John Elway is the equivalent to having a Jerry West recruiting for you. Winners will come play for us. Too bad I can't say the same for my Lakers after Jim Buss took over.. lookaround.gif That totally screwed the pooch. At least I can look forward to a lottery pick this year and "possibly" a healthy (old) Kobe next year. Meeks has looked good. It can't be worse than this season!

One Broncos title in those two years and I'll be content!! Having John Elway is the equivalent to having a Jerry West recruiting for you. Winners will come play for us.

exactly my point above, though likely to be more than 2 years.

and i'd argue that manning has brought more in the door than elway, though clearly is a competent manager.

not sure that if he was in charge of the skins we'd have seen the same influx.