free agency

One thing you can be sure of is that whoever the Browns go with at QB will not be a star in the NFL. You can know that because the Browns signed him. Some things you can depend on.

I agree, I grew up in the Cleveland area and the browns have a history of bad decisions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep Aquib Talib.Rumors say the Broncons are turning their attention to Steve Smith (suppose to get cut) and Daryl Smith....

Don't even get me started on this......If Texas ever gets a second football team, I might just start rooting for them!

sneaky.gif

Troll!! tongue.png

We re-signed Garrett Graham. I bet the Broncos and Patriots are quaking in there boots now! laugh.png

exactly my point above, though likely to be more than 2 years.

and i'd argue that manning has brought more in the door than elway, though clearly is a competent manager.

not sure that if he was in charge of the skins we'd have seen the same influx.

That would be a fair argument with manning lol3.gif They are set up well even after Manning retires after a couple of years with Elway at the helm. I can't say the same with Snyder "running the show". Hence the biggest signing has been Roberts rotfl.gif i keed i keed

I don't think Elway cares much long term. Guy is getting old enough and has enough money that I think he just wants a Superbowl while he is manager before he steps aside. Let the next guy worry about building the team up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8SsCqpa-Lk

Brutal to Brandon Weeden, but contains rare footage of Redskin highlights!

you've got to be a very bitter fan to spend time putting all that together.

to be fair to him, you could probably do the same for eli just from this season, and the bloke has a couple of SB wins.

but i suspect that is the end of his career or has someone picked him up?

I don't think Elway cares much long term. Guy is getting old enough and has enough money that I think he just wants a Superbowl while he is manager before he steps aside. Let the next guy worry about building the team up.

Well to be honest I doubt there will be a salary cap problem. Yes Elway is going for the SB and nothing else. That being said, the management of the salary cap is suprisingly well done by the front office. Next year the Broncos will still have space and money to resign their stars like DT and Von. They can also pick up the 5th year option on Von contract.

This year Talib and Ward have taken the salary space left by Champ and the retirement of Kuper so that is pretty much at nil financial difference. so the one real addon right now is Ware and even with his addition it seems the team has in the 10m range left under the cap to sign their rookies and maybe one more player.

This situation is also due to the team having little or no dead money against the cap has a result of the great management of the Duke and his team.

I have to disagree...while it may be true that he is doing "everything he can to win now" he isn't mortgaging the future to do it. Why do you think he had that much cap room this year to sign those 3 big names in free agency? You don't get that kind of money by tossing good money at problems. You get it by giving out club friendly deals that expire when you need them to. Everyone thinks that Talib deal will kill the Broncos in 3 years...if you look at the deal its really a 3 year $27M contract. I have $20 that says he never plays in year 4 of that deal. Likewise the Ware deal is a 2 year $20M deal with the money right now. Year two of the deal is $7M which leaves room for them to sign their own next year and maybe grab a player or two when they are done. Year 3 is back up to $10M and I would again bet that he won't see year 3 of that contract.

The moral is, Elway wants to win Peyton a superbowl and wants to win Pat Bowlen one as well since his health isn't top notch these days. But I don't think he is gonna go Jerry Jones and throw money at anyone he can find, then try to dig himself out of dead money in the coming years. Oh and there is no way its about the cash...Elway is loaded for sure. I remember what he sold all his car dealerships for in Denver years and years ago...it wasn't chump change lol. As long as he invested wisely, he is set.

Well lets be honest here Elway is playing with Bowlens money and trying to get the best results for his boss and friend.

I see the defensive signings, and I think that's all positive, but nothing they have done addresses the fact that they scored 8 points in the Superbowl. I also feel like if they can't keep Peyton off his back on a consistent basis there's going to be a serious problem. Oh yeah, and Peyton is 37.

I think we'll probably all see the Broncos race out to 10-1 to start the season, the same way Manning seems to do every year. We'll see how the story ends next season! No doubt they'll be exciting!

I see the defensive signings, and I think that's all positive, but nothing they have done addresses the fact that they scored 8 points in the Superbowl. I also feel like if they can't keep Peyton off his back on a consistent basis there's going to be a serious problem. Oh yeah, and Peyton is 37.

I think we'll probably all see the Broncos race out to 10-1 to start the season, the same way Manning seems to do every year. We'll see how the story ends next season! No doubt they'll be exciting!

be fair. they scored more than 8. it is just that some of them were for the seahawks.

but totally agree. i reckon every time manning goes down, no one in denver will take a breath till he is up again.

what is their back up QB like?

Their backup is a behemoth named Brock Osweiler. He's 6'7 and they drafted him a couple of years ago in the 2nd round (I think) out of Arizona.

He had some skills in college and has good arm strength. In college though he'd make his first bunch of passes and he'd get overly confident and start trying to force passes, so his judgement was considered questionable. Since he's been there he's been behind Peyton so other than preseason games he really hasn't shown much. You'd figure that watching Manning, who I think is very deliberate with everything he does on the field, could result in him being more controlled and less of a gunslinger when its his time to play.

I understand the point but starting the season with 95% of what is considered the most explosive offense in history can live by it self even if they lost decker (who took great advantage of have DT and welker as fellow receivers). The O ljne is in good shape pending Clady full return this season. As for the SB... Well they lost and did it with little or no confidence after what 6 turnovers ? Difficult to score when you dont have the ball. Lol

Plus it is not like Wilson played the game of his life, his ST and defense won the game for him all he had to do was 'not loose the ball'.. Hell Trent Dilfer could have won also. Lol

I understand the point but starting the season with 95% of what is considered the most explosive offense in history can live by it self even if they lost decker (who took great advantage of have DT and welker as fellow receivers). The O ljne is in good shape pending Clady full return this season. As for the SB... Well they lost and did it with little or no confidence after what 6 turnovers ? Difficult to score when you dont have the ball. Lol

Plus it is not like Wilson played the game of his life, his ST and defense won the game for him all he had to do was 'not loose the ball'.. Hell Trent Dilfer could have won also. Lol

That's what Wilson does regularly: doesn't lose the ball. He'll rarely dazzle people with his stats, and that's partially because they're a run first team anyway.

I certainly believe Denver has to be the front runner heading into the season.

Addressing the offense issues should be fairly easy. They need to expand and change their code book of hand signals and audibles for one to keep the defense guessing their plays. Manning also needs to address his tells that gives away where he's going to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10403077/super-bowl-richard-sherman-claims-seattle-seahawks-anticipated-denver-broncos-plays-based-peyton-manning-hands

Seattle defense didn't simply run a physically tough defense, they figured out the play that was coming.

The Packers signed Julius Peppers today,this could be great! I hope he has some Gas left in the tank. They need to get that kind of help to free up Mathews. I think they got him at a fair price. Now if they could sign Hester for kick returns look out!

Broncos just signed Emmanuel Sanders to a 3 year deal for $18M.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10617385/emmanuel-sanders-denver-broncos-agree-deal

What's the guaranteed amount of the contract? That sure seems like a lot of money for what will probably be Peyton's 3rd of 4th option.