free agency

always extremely bizarre time and fabulous to see weeks scopes by supposedly astute critics be so far wrong so often.

but how the old salary cap works is beyond me. broncos have the talent to make a superbowl, and manning can't be cheap, but they can add ward and pay a squillion for talib and supposedly about to also sign ware??? seriously? not suggesting anything untoward but accountants like that could make qantas profitable.

saints scream poor and then buy byrd? i now, back-loading and so on, but????

still, the skins have had their best free agency period in ages - they done almost nothing! that is a good thing. normally, now is when we go backwards. it is not over yet so i'm assuming a splash coming. revis for 12 years at $20 mill a year? don't laugh. i give you fat albert.

i saw an article recently that listed the top 10 worst free agency signings of all time. i thought, well, synder does cop some crap so in the all time top list, has he been exaggerated?

remember that this involves many thousands of transactions, across years, and across 32 teams.

so, does he feature?

DOES HE FEATURE!!! we had stubblefield come in around number 8 and then we sailed in with another three. BUT not just any three. we got spots, 1, 2 and 3!!! archeluta, neon deon and at number one, fat albert.

and this doesn't include such busts as george and trotter and no doubt a few others that escape me.

hard to believe that one team could be so bad at this.

be interested on thoughts and who you think has done well and who has suffered.

and what the hell are the raiders thinking? better storing millions under the bed?

and to be fair, i think stubblefield might have been pre synder but not sure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep Aquib Talib.Rumors say the Broncons are turning their attention to Steve Smith (suppose to get cut) and Daryl Smith....

As a Pat fan I'm just sitting here hoping we can land Revis.

Not sure how the figures would work, as we never would've paid Talib what he ended up getting.

Perhaps it's just because the Broncos have taken a key player for the second year in a row that i'm bitter :(

In Bill We Trust.....

My Packer resigned Sam Shields for 39 mil over 4 years, now all they need is a linebacker on the other side of Clay Mathews and we will be in business. Knowing Ted Tompson he will try to draft someone. I like that he doesn't go after washed up over priced has beens but I think just one or two good players on D could put us over the top. You can't put it all on the shoulders of Rodgers year after year.

It will be interesting what Ware and Peppers get in Free Agency. Both were absolutely dominant in their prime and both probably have something left in the tank but aging veterans and multi-year contracts do not usually end well. My beloved Eagles finally got a safety who is capable of contributing on defense, now they only need 2 or 3 more guys for their secondary and we will be alright.

The Broncos made two good moves on the first day. IMO Ward being the best as the team needed a true and serviceable SS. Guess Rogers Cromartie wanted the moon and called Elway's bluff... You dobt call the Duke bluff. Lol

Welcome Talib.

Now what happens with Ware when he'll be visiting today is the talk of Broncosville.

Love what Lovie is doing at the Bucs in Free Agency party.gif

Great defensive coordinator, that's his real strong suit. We had him as a head coach in Chicago for years and he lacked emotion. His offensive decisions and offensive coordinators were marginal at best. We'll see how he does in TB.

It will be interesting what Ware and Peppers get in Free Agency. Both were absolutely dominant in their prime and both probably have something left in the tank but aging veterans and multi-year contracts do not usually end well. My beloved Eagles finally got a safety who is capable of contributing on defense, now they only need 2 or 3 more guys for their secondary and we will be alright.

Peppers is way past his prime and has a lot of mileage, so hopefully they let him pass. I really like how the birds young line and linebackers matured over the course of the season, and Trent Cole played nicely as well despite being more of a 4-3 DE than a OLB. I'd be in favor of the Eagles bringing in Ware for something in the ballpark of 4yr/29 mil with like 14 mil guaranteed. I think he's got a couple more good years ahead of him where he can really have an impact.

Either way you're right they could use more secondary help but Talibs asking price was too high for a guy that plays well sometimes, is hurt sometimes, and then just flat out doesn't show up to play at times.

But REALLY, I like how the Eagles resigned their own guys this off season. If you want chemistry in the locker room you bring back the guys that were already playing well together and build on that through drafts.

Broncos are trying to build to win this next season. They're employing a short term gain long term pain plan I believe, and we'll see how it shakes out.

I hate the Redskins... But not as much as the cowboys.

ken, what happened with your seats in the stadium?

somehow they managed that bs?

still going on. currently using my uncle's seats.

we have had several disagreements and i believe a large number of seat holders looking at legal action. they have monumentally pissed off many long term loyal supporters.

As a Pat fan I'm just sitting here hoping we can land Revis.

Not sure how the figures would work, as we never would've paid Talib what he ended up getting.

Perhaps it's just because the Broncos have taken a key player for the second year in a row that i'm bitter sad.png

In Bill We Trust.....

Agreed,

Would of liked to see Talib stay but with his health issues let Denver pay him, I mean over pay him and take the risk. If your going to pay big bucks give it to Revis, and I have a funny feeling the Patriots will. The past tells me I'm wrong but I just got this feeling Revis will be a Patriot.

Demarcus Ware, pending a physical, is going to be a Broncos!

Nice pick up there! Didn't they grab a decent DB too?

Glad that Talib is getting paid. I am always happy for the player when another team is willing to pay someone who has done well for the Pats and more power to them. Pats will turn the page and move on. As someone mentioned above, it would be nice to get Revis but that's not the kind of move the Pats usually make.

Yep Aquib Talib.

Rumors say the Broncons are turning their attention to Steve Smith (suppose to get cut) and Daryl Smith....

Do the Broncos even have a salary cap this year?? laugh.png

Broncos are going to be in trouble when it comes time to have to pay Von Miller and Demariyus Thomas beyond their rookie contracts.

i guess they won't be paying manning at that time, and having backended contracts can dump anyone not performing top shelf - and there will always be someone, possibly due to injury. but thy are very much going in with the kitchen sink for the next season and possibly one after that. understandable as they won't have manning for long and won't have a QB to match him.

if you are going to win one superbowl in the next 8 years (and most organisations would take that, despite what they might say), does it matter if it is next year or in 6 years? get what you can.

i'm assuming the skins front office went on holiday this week knowing they'll need the dosh for rg3, orakpo, kerrigan and morris in the next year or two. the problem is that they already have all those players and played like crap.

How do the Broncos recover from the shellacking they took in the Super Bowl? When you lose like that the players have to be feeling they are light years away from actually being able to win a Super Bowl. It's got to be a thorough demoralizing feeling. I just looked it up and when the Broncos were beat in Super Bowl XXIV 55-10 by the 49ers they were 5-11 the following season. And after the NY Giants lost Super Bowl XXXV by a score of 34-7 to the Ravens, they went 7-9 the season after. Not saying the Broncos can't come back, but even if they do, they have a lot of work to do to beat the much more physical NFC teams like the Seahawks and the 49ers.

How do the Broncos recover from the shellacking they took in the Super Bowl? When you lose like that the players have to be feeling they are light years away from actually being able to win a Super Bowl. It's got to be a thorough demoralizing feeling. I just looked it up and when the Broncos were beat in Super Bowl XXIV 55-10 by the 49ers they were 5-11 the following season. And after the NY Giants lost Super Bowl XXXV by a score of 34-7 to the Ravens, they went 7-9 the season after. Not saying the Broncos can't come back, but even if they do, they have a lot of work to do to beat the much more physical NFC teams like the Seahawks and the 49ers.

i guess adding those players is the way they think that they can do it. if i were elway, i'd be praying for a fit manning all year. what they have done with their salary cap for next year at the expense of the future, you really wouldn't want manning falling off the perch.

i have not seen the schedule but i assume that the broncos will have a tough one. that won't help.

it is an interesting stat - after a superbowl shellacking. mind you, it never seemed to affect the bills like that. they just kept coming back year after year for another flogging.