Bought this today

I love mine. I store it in the humidor, so when I do use it, all the foam inside is at 65%, and I never bother to use a humidifier. I've gone away for 3 weeks and had no problems.

the monkey is smart when he's drunken! ;)

never thought of that at all! but then again, who has room for empty misc items in their humidors!?!

I have a few - a five count, a ten count (flat - ten cigars across in one layer), and a twenty four count -they're great. I've never used the humidifiers / added moisture to these. Actually, I typically use a de-humidifier - a cigar tube which I've drilled holes in, filled with unmoistened crystal kitty litter.

I have one, and I take it on all trips....I have some COROs going to Chicago with me on Tuesday in it! Love it. You have to be careful, if you fill it with PC's they will bounce around inside. I use a seperate piece of foam bridged across the lot to lock em in place.

To those of you who have the cigar caddys (of any size), have you had any issues with the clips?? I've heard they easily come off and are fragile/break easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZAZ, on 12 Mar 2014 - 8:04 PM, said:

To those of you who have the cigar caddys (of any size), have you had any issues with the clips?? I've heard they easily come off and are fragile/break easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My clips have come off several time, but they just snap back into place. Have not had any break, do not seem fragile. This is the 5 count.

My clips have come off several time, but they just snap back into place. Have not had any break, do not seem fragile. This is the 5 count.

The clips on my have broken off. I now use a big strip of velcro to keep it closed.

How long did you have it before they broke off?

A couple of weeks. The hinges were very very stiff and if I did not hold it just the right way put a lot of stress on the connection points.

A couple of weeks. The hinges were very very stiff and if I did not hold it just the right way put a lot of stress on the connection points.

That's kind of what I heard about the design and the clips. Break easily.

I use a 15-ct. Very utilitarian. Like it. When I go for short stints, I don't put in any humidification at all. I don't like a humidifying element right next to or touching my cigars. Rather, I just puff a few deep breaths in and it's good for the day.

Wilkey

I have a 10 and a 15 count unit from Herf-a-dor. Love them! I find I use the 10 count more and the bottom layer is reserved for accessories (lighter(s) cutters draw enhancer etc.). My hinges are made in a way that if they pop off, they can be snapped right back in.