Bought this today

I got the Xikar 5, 10, and 15. Extremely sturdy and no problems at all. I heard that some have an issue with the foam smelling when new but that was not the case with mine and can be fixed by washing it and airing it out. Highly recommended. If you fly a lot like me, I recommend putting a hair across the gasket to allow for easier opening after air travel. I use a Boveda for humidification.

ame3aruv.jpg

I use the Xikar 5 count with an extendable humidification tube and a sachet at times, depending how long I am travelling.

Have seen some really nice wooden sleeve ones, but all of them can only take small RG sticks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. I store it in the humidor, so when I do use it, all the foam inside is at 65%, and I never bother to use a humidifier. I've gone away for 3 weeks and had no problems.

aHHhh we think alike! I still throw in a pillow or bobcat

That's kind of what I heard about the design and the clips. Break easily.

I was actually just looking at mine the other day and shaved down the nubs that keep the hinge from going up! Such a terrible design. Plus the hinges are tighter than necessary... I'd like to get the pins out, but they're rammed in there BLOODY TIGHT!

I have the same one, like it, rarely put any humidification in unless going for more than 5 days, seals very tight. In fact, I use it on the boat to pass cigars to other boaters - they toss out a lure on a rod, or throw a line if they are close, I tie this on and it floats over.

ame3aruv.jpg

Where did you find the extendable humidification tube?

I purchased it through "The Humidor Company", in Christchurch NZ

It's quite good, although if you overfill it fluid showers out until it settles down.

Can extend the length to customise the amount of humidification released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 5-stick one of these, as well as the larger 24-stick case version. Excellent pieces of hardware - very worthwhile to have. Like others have said, either use a small Boveda pack or a small tube of Heartfelt / RH Beads, and you're good to go.

I've not had the snaps / clasps break on mine, but I have had buddies who have had this happen. Send a simple e-mail (perhaps with a picture attached) to Cigar Caddy / Quality Importers, and they'll send you the replacement parts under warranty. Easy to re-and-re for the warranty repair part.

I have the 15ct from Herf-a-dor and its great. I use it everyday so that I can have some selection at lunch time lol. I've taken out the foam divider and put some cedar in it and always have a 72Boveda pack in there. Works like a charm and i've tested mine by puting a slim digital hygrometer and it reached the 62-68 rh range and I work in a dry office.

I've got one of the 5 ct cigar caddies by otter box. really like it. don't use gyloc, just a humipak or a small heartfelt tube. Seal is great. on some trips I've had to use a screwdriver to get it open with the change in atmospheric pressure between starting location and ending causing it to almost fuse shut.