80 ring monster

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many ladies of the night will love it.

Stopped by a smoke shop in a nearby town after my Dr visit. Not a Cuban of course in the states but I saw this and thought I had to have this for grins at $7.99 at least for show and tell or in hopes

Does it come with KY? I see they threw in the jimmy hat.

Yeah, I bought four total so maybe the others in the humidor for a year will hydrate them a little more. It wasn't the can of used motor oil hidden in tobacco leaves as I expected but nothing memorable about it other than the size. I probably would have been neutral on about the experience had it not been for the wrapper cracking and thus having to near constantly puff on it and touch it up constantly. That right there ruined it for me. For me a cigar is decompressing, sitting back and just letting the stress run off the finger tips and that can't happen if I'm fussing over the stogie or wondering and waiting for a positive surprise of flavor that never happens.

*That's my biggest Pet Peeve when I'm attempting to enjoy my fine seegar - a splitting wrapper -- GRRRRRR!!! tantrum.gif

I noticed some wrapper issues with a couple others in the box I picked these out of. Maybe they just dried them out or something but I wont try them again. I'll just keep the two I have left for a gag. Maybe someone else will have better luck. Both of ours had pretty much the same result.

You must have gotten a counterfeit.

• Like 1

4. Two to start with a friend and myself (What you didn't think I would suffer through that alone did you). Then I figured if they were bad I would have one to pass off as a "Here! Try This!" and the last as a show piece. If they were ok I would have one more to smoke and the other to save for awhile.

• 2 months later...

To be fair I tried another cigar I picked up the same day from the same store. I think the store must have had a humidification issue because the LaGloria that I smoked split worse than this one nearly as soon as I lit it. Any drier and it would have been a firecracker. Thinking there is no coming back for these ruined cigars as it has been a couple months in my humidor.

That thing is big. Much bigger than I would ever attempt, regardless of what tobacco is used, but I was just sent something a touch bigger...

post-13208-1397976059075.jpg

Think 2 beer cans stacked.

I haven't weighed the beast yet, but I'll try before I hand it over to the "loser" of a gentleman's wager.

• Like 2

That thing is big. Much bigger than I would ever attempt, regardless of what tobacco is used, but I was just sent something a touch bigger...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1397976057.825974.jpg

Think 2 beer cans stacked.

I haven't weighed the beast yet, but I'll try before I hand it over to the "loser" of a gentleman's wager.

Ha! Reminds me of a certain scene from Requiem for a Dream...

• Like 1

Reinaldo has some interesting big ring stuff at the moment. Numerous vitolas in 60+ rings, biggest I believe was a 64. I smoked a Piramides Extra Fri night that was a 64 ring from him and if I'm smokin' somethin' that big it sure as hell is gonna be Cuban. Thing was a monster and size wise, although I do like big rings this was definitely over the top. The blend and construction were brilliant though! PSD4 used for comparison, next one over is "nubbish", next is sublimish and lastly piramides extraish...

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Stopped by a smoke shop in a nearby town after my Dr visit. Not a Cuban of course in the states but I saw this and thought I had to have this for grins at $7.99 at least for show and tell or in hopes it cracks the guys jaw that smokes half of a nice cigar and tosses the rest in the snow etc. I think I might try to talk myself into smoking this 6x80 monster tomorrow night. Cutter won't fit will probably have to either use a punch or a razor blade. Ridonkulous! Who made this thing, Cheech and Chong?

Here is a 54 ring and two 60 ring stogies in the same ash tray for comparison.

IMG_00007.jpg

IMG_00088.jpg

IMG_00089.jpgIMG_00091.jpg

Cheech%20with%20big%20doobie.jpeg

And I'm guessing it tasted like labrador ish?

Yeah, Nothing memorable. Probably because it was so dry. But, I have seen a couple other reviews that say the same as well and the last 1/3 is pretty harsh.

Make of it what you will...

There one born every minute wink.png

y7ubasyr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the 2014 Cohiba EL? laugh.png