German RE 2013 Rafael Gonzalez Petit Piramides

Oddly enough they are actually available at the LCDH in Toronto. Quite a nice cigar.

Was there on friday thanks to your tip off on the roller being there. I was very impressed with the regionals they carry

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Claus, Koeln ist heute leergefegt worden, wir haben 15 boxen mitgenommen, aber beim Pitter liegt noch eine fuer Lotus...:-) Seriously : a very good cigar, the 3 man consensus was that it's worth havi

have tried a few ra bellicoso...not to my liking, just kind of plain-jane and not worth the extra cost over the ra superiores imo.

It's too much: the "official" german price is 9.90 Euro/cigar (= $11), and they are still available from german shops (not necessarily LCDHs). If you order several boxes to cushion shipping cost, you

Was there on friday thanks to your tip off on the roller being there. I was very impressed with the regionals they carry

I was there all day on Friday. Should have introduced yourself..

• Like 1

Okay tried one of these tonight. not going to bore you with the gory details. Suffice to say that if I did not pay almost full retail for this stick I would have tossed it 10 minutes in. Bland and tasteless with a draw that was way too tight. This is the 3rd German RE that I have had from various years and all of them have been utterly disappointing. Hopefully it was just a dud and others do not have the same experience.

I was lucky enough to smoke a couple in Koln a few weeks ago, not sure that they were worth the 10euro for em though. With that said I skipped the box and only brought back 3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Okay tried one of these tonight. not going to bore you with the gory details. Suffice to say that if I did not pay almost full retail for this stick I would have tossed it 10 minutes in. Bland and tasteless with a draw that was way too tight. This is the 3rd German RE that I have had from various years and all of them have been utterly disappointing. Hopefully it was just a dud and others do not have the same experience.

That's a shame. Never had a bad German release. I mean, it's just an all-star lineup:

Bolivar Gold Medal

VR Jubes

PL Lonsdale

Bolivar E#2

PL Robusto

RA Belicoso

Binder was still intact after this.

a7e4ajaz.jpg

After 2 days of dryboxing, this shouldn't happen. Got so squishy and moldable. Pretty much self evident that it turned to asbestos at this point :)

Was pleasant but mild. Actually was looking forward to the final third after lighting the first. Revisit in a year.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Binder was still intact after this.

a7e4ajaz.jpg

After 2 days of dryboxing, this shouldn't happen. Got so squishy and moldable. Pretty much self evident that it turned to asbestos at this point smile.png

Was pleasant but mild. Actually was looking forward to the final third after lighting the first. Revisit in a year.

What was the ambient humidity where you were smoking? It has happened to me many times.

What was the ambient humidity where you were smoking? It has happened to me many times.

Oh it defo wasn't the ambient humidity. Did consider that, though.

Rarely gets higher than 70 in Toronto unless it rained. Twas a glorious Spring Sun eve, I remembered it quite well as I read my copy of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.

Oh it defo wasn't the ambient humidity. Did consider that, though.

Rarely gets higher than 70 in Toronto unless it rained. Twas a glorious Spring Sun eve, I remembered it quite well as I read my copy of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.

I just checked. Its18 degrees, 77% in T.O. right now. One of those rare days I guess. innocent.gif

You've also been drawing in smoke and heat throughout the cigar. I've noticed most cigars are not as rigid when you get near the nub. Nothing to worry about. Also two days drybox is hardly a scientific measurement.

You've also been drawing in smoke and heat throughout the cigar. I've noticed most cigars are not as rigid when you get near the nub. Nothing to worry about.

Oh no worries, i know that much ^_^. in fact, i get surprised when they remain rigid in the final third... Smoke, heat, water, tar, and oils being drawn through will definitely moisten it up!

but this RG RE was ridiculously squishy in the end. so much that i thought it was worth a mention! any more wetter and it'd be turning green and flowering! :lol:

Also, Shlomo... today was ridiculously stuffy for me. definitely felt that '77%' no.gif so much so that i took another bus because the other one wasn't air conditioned!

• 1 year later...

Been toying with picking up a box or two. Anyone smoked any recently, what's your opinion on these.

Thanks in advance.

If you find some let me know. Checked everywhere when I was in Germany in November, nothing left. Oddly enough I found 5 in Winnipeg last trip through and grabbed them up.

If you find some let me know. Checked everywhere when I was in Germany in November, nothing left. Oddly enough I found 5 in Winnipeg last trip through and grabbed them up.

Just had a short rush through a few shops and find some of them.