Tubos Help

You're right, I didn't. My tastes are sort of all over the map. I don't like that sort of ashy/earthy flavor on the finish of a Party Shorts (also similar to a Tat Black Petit Lancero, Herrera Esteli) as an example. I do like that creamy coco/tobacco profile that you're describing. I'm not a big fan of pepper, only a tingle on the retrohale.

I've smoked 100's of Party Shorts, it's been my long time go to shorty cigar of choice. I love them for their creamy, coffee, taffy flavor. I've never tasted a ashy unpleasant flavor in my party shorts.

To answer your question, like others have pointed out, Tubes don't change the blend. But one of your questions was "what tube is smoking good right now?"

I preface this by saying, I don't care for tubes much, I prefer my cigars in the box more. I also don't like aging tubes, again, i prefer my cigars to age around other cigars, so they can co-mingle. But I have recently (May) discovered that the recent HDM Epi 2 tubes are fantastic right out of the mail box.

I've always been told that tubes age better because they limit oxygen. Also, the way to age tubes is to make sure the rh is correct before sealing them up for long term aging. Basically, you open the caps and make sure they hit the proper rh before capping them back up to age. They can be overhumidified when they're put into tubes at the factory. That's what I've been told by a few guys who have done long term aging w tubes-and they prefer tubes for aging. I have a few boxes of Sig II and Epi Esp tubes aging right now and I'm interested in seeing how they progress over the next few years.

wrong, so wrong!

You want your cigars to co-exist, to co-mingle!

I've always been told that tubes age better because they limit oxygen. Also, the way to age tubes is to make sure the rh is correct before sealing them up for long term aging. Basically, you open the caps and make sure they hit the proper rh before capping them back up to age. They can be overhumidified when they're put into tubes at the factory. That's what I've been told by a few guys who have done long term aging w tubes-and they prefer tubes for aging. I have a few boxes of Sig II and Epi Esp tubes aging right now and I'm interested in seeing how they progress over the next few years.

Sounds like a good system, you could also take all the cigars out and let the rest in your humi for say a month then tube them back up. I like to keep them sealed so a little bit of Cuban air is sealed inside :)

Ignore the "wrong" comments, there is no rules here, do what you've been doing they are your cigars and your system sounds fine :)

I think the big man is just being tongue-in-cheek?

Thank you Keith!

It apparently wasn't conveyed well..........waving.gif my bad, oh well