Great Customer Service

Most days you are simply aghast at customer service when shopping online.

I must say that when i bought my US boots from www.shopbigtime.com I was like any other Aussie (99% of us) who buys stuff overseas but wonder what the reality is. Sometimes great, sometimes crap.

I received my Los Altos Stingray boots in fine condition. 2 weeks later they started splitting at the seams. Now as you can imagine ....as an owner of an online company...I take great interest as to how another business handles returns/complaints.

Can I tell you that it has been seamless (excuse the pun). Not a problem. Apologies. New boots (different) on the way with charges covered.

hats off to www.shopbigtime.com . Not an e-mail unanswered. Not a option left unexplored. I never chased.

Always good to hear about great customer service, though today I wish I had gotten some.

Just got notified that a potential new supplier decided to send my initial test order of 100 cartons, not by LCL shipment (Less Container Load, ie shared space in a consolidated container), but instead they sent it in it's own 20' container. no.gif So now I have 2m3 of product being sent in a near empty 26m3 container. surprised.gif To say that I am not impressed is taking it lightly. pod.gif

my exercise bike packed it in recently. place i bought it had me ringing some mob in melbourne (elite fitness i think - yes, the irony not lost). i thought here we go.

could not have been more wrong. they were brilliant. followed everything up. checked to make sure all good. rechecked. when the first attempt to sort it failed, they simply sent a bloke out immediately. i could not speak more highly. anyone wanting gym gear etc, i could not recommend them more highly.

unlike the scum at bigpond/telstra who have made the last two days hell. same problem but worse today. i get "michael" or someone who can't pronounce his own name. after pissing about for christ knows how long, he tells me that it doesn't seem to be working (did he think i rang them for a chat?). eventually he concedes he hasn't got a clue. he'll have to get someone to ring but that won't happen within 8 hours. he is aware of what i think of that.

he then says, "anything else i can do for you today?"

i point out that he has done nothing for me today, or any other day. he says that is because it wasn't working. and around we go again.

so i express my view on the world's worst company and he signs off with 'have a great day'. to which i explained that was highly inappropriate given that his company was making that impossible (and lot of rude words - i suspect i'll be lucky to hear within 8 days, let alone 8 hours). mind you, we are already way past 8 hours.

how can a mob so totally and utterly bereft of anything resembling competence still be in business? i would say that if anyone on the forum works for these idiots and is offended by any of this, good! though i can't imagine anyone with such a total lack of self respect that they would work for telstra could be offended by anything.

Always good to hear about great customer service, though today I wish I had gotten some.

Just got notified that a potential new supplier decided to send my initial test order of 100 cartons, not by LCL shipment (Less Container Load, ie shared space in a consolidated container), but instead they sent it in it's own 20' container. no.gif So now I have 2m3 of product being sent in a near empty 26m3 container. surprised.gif To say that I am not impressed is taking it lightly. pod.gif

They are morons!

For the love of God shipping in such quantities needs to be explained and signed off upon.

Best service i've experienced is from Dell. I purchased a laptop with "accidental breakage next business day warranty". THe warranty cost 500 dollars... for a 1100 dollar laptop. I was working in Armadale in NSW and dropped my laptop (on a friday) from about 10 metres into a tank (empty tank luckliy). Broke it into more pieces than the US National debt. I salvaged a few of the major components and called up dell. Told them where i was etc, after the initial confusion of explaining that i live in Perth but i am working in NSW at the moment, they found the closest bloke to me. I was expecting them to say we'll have someone out after weekend, but low and behold a dell guy rocked up the next morning. Pretty much just gave me a new computer, no questions no nothing.

The next laptop i bought, i damaged the ethernet socket, while i was in Melbourne this time. This time it was even better. I called in the morning and they were at the apartment i was staying that afternoon to replace the motherboard.

THe other good service i've had was from Bose. I bought noise cancelling headphones from Kenya. They wree great the whole trip and on the way home. On my flight back to work one side lost its noise cancelling function. The next morning i called up Bose support (it was 04:00 Perth time mind you... i often dont think about the time when i call people at work) a guy picked up straight away. TOld him the problem he asked for the serial number of the headphones and said yep no worries, i'll send you a new pair in the post. I got the instros to look at the headphones and turned out there was a loose wire inside, but now i have two working headphones.

Then theres this cigar store that shows you photos of awesome boxes and smply says "who wants it"??. All you have to do is say "mine please" and send an email to a nice lady who already has all your details. It's so easy it's dangerous.

They are morons!

For the love of God shipping in such quantities needs to be explained and signed off upon.

You'd think that when we tell them to ship LCL, give them the direct contacts details for our shipping agents in Thailand, and advise if any problem occurs to call us immediately day or night, they'd realise we're not some little fly-by-night operation that has no clue what we're doing. But no, they go and find another agent, and when the idiot can't find a shipping line that will take charcoal via LCL, he comes up with the brilliant plan of sending a near empty 20' container.

I typically lose a few cubic metres in a container due to weight restrictions in Sydney, but this order doesn't even cover 1/4 of the floor space of the container!

my exercise bike packed it in recently. place i bought it had me ringing some mob in melbourne (elite fitness i think - yes, the irony not lost). i thought here we go.

could not have been more wrong. they were brilliant. followed everything up. checked to make sure all good. rechecked. when the first attempt to sort it failed, they simply sent a bloke out immediately. i could not speak more highly. anyone wanting gym gear etc, i could not recommend them more highly.

unlike the scum at bigpond/telstra who have made the last two days hell. same problem but worse today. i get "michael" or someone who can't pronounce his own name. after pissing about for christ knows how long, he tells me that it doesn't seem to be working (did he think i rang them for a chat?). eventually he concedes he hasn't got a clue. he'll have to get someone to ring but that won't happen within 8 hours. he is aware of what i think of that.

he then says, "anything else i can do for you today?"

i point out that he has done nothing for me today, or any other day. he says that is because it wasn't working. and around we go again.

so i express my view on the world's worst company and he signs off with 'have a great day'. to which i explained that was highly inappropriate given that his company was making that impossible (and lot of rude words - i suspect i'll be lucky to hear within 8 days, let alone 8 hours). mind you, we are already way past 8 hours.

how can a mob so totally and utterly bereft of anything resembling competence still be in business? i would say that if anyone on the forum works for these idiots and is offended by any of this, good! though i can't imagine anyone with such a total lack of self respect that they would work for telstra could be offended by anything.

Ever thought of leaving them Ken? They are without doubt the worst company in this country—all because they are exempt from real scrutiny.

Ever thought of leaving them Ken? They are without doubt the worst company in this country—all because they are exempt from real scrutiny.

tried. apparently where i am in brisbane, the coverage is so poor that the systems actually show it as no coverage so other companies won't touch it. so i am stuck.

just spent more hours with them as, of course, they did not ring back. got some woman who was so stupid that she is really lucky breathing is automatic. explained i was promised a call back after 8 hours. she checks. no sir, 5 working days. that did not go well. she does absolutely nothing to try and help.

i ask for a supervisor.

she goes away and comes back. none on today.!!! one will ring tomorrow.

she asks for my number for that.

i give it.

do you have a mobile?

yes, why?

in case we want to ring you?

first, "in case"? you have just told me a supervisor will ring first thing tomorrow. next, what the hell do you think i gave you when you asked for my number? one that doesn't work. how stupid are you? iff you provided mobile coverage in brisbane, i could have given it to you first but you don't.

how stupid? apparently, very, as she asked if there was anything else she could do for me. i explained that 'anything else' suggested she had already done something.

her response. "no worries". a phrase i suspect she will never be game to use again.

tried again and got a bloke who was brilliant. did not fix it but tried very hard for an hour.

unlike the scum at bigpond/telstra....

Teltras incompetence is the reason i keep my mobile service with them. I call up most months to give them some crappy problem with their service (the best one was i told them my phone service was not working... while calling them from that very phone). The guys was really helpful, did absolutely nothing then for my "inconvenience" gave me a month of free credit on my account. In the 7 years i have had my mobile with Telstra i have paid 60 dollars out of my own money. I jsut complain and get my account credited. The best thing as well you call one department, and they give you credit, you then call another department they give you credit etc. It's great.

If you actually want a problem resolved though, i find their online chat assitance is actually very good. Alternatively, send an email to the office of the CEO "david AT telstra DOT com" or contact them through this website. www.telstra.com.au/webforms/contact-ceo/

They really help you out (during business hours) and if that fails, go straight to the Telecommunications Ombudsman and they do the arguing on the phone for you, you jsut sit back and let them have at it.

I've never heard of anyone wearing out an exercise bike.

no, it was about 6 months old and the computer-y thingee with the screen etc died. but it turned out to be the black power source plug thingee. but the computer-y thingee sadly met with a fate of similar ilk - as some bad tempered sod may have whacked it a bit hard in the old fonz school of electronics method.

Then theres this cigar store that shows you photos of awesome boxes and smply says "who wants it"??. All you have to do is say "mine please" and send an email to a nice lady who already has all your details. It's so easy it's dangerous.

Quoted for truth !!!

LordAnubis, you seem to have a lot of experience with customer service. Tell us more of your stories.

Ahahah, the rest of my stories are all bad customer service ones.

Here in the States I work for Comcast (cable company) and I had an issue with my service (on demand wouldnt work) and called tech support. She had me unplug my cable box at least 20x in an hour to hour and a half and would say "ok unplug it and let it sit for 20 secs, then 10 secs, 2 mins etc etc" I finally asked why do I keep unplugging it if its still not fixing the issue. So after the hour and a half session it still didnt work and then she said a tier 2 rep would call me within 24/48 hrs. A day later the On demand started working and the other misc issues and 5 days later the tier 2 rep called me, which I replied all set/fixed.

Its sad that the company I work for treats people this way, the first rep was really nice and I know she tried but after the first 30 mins she should have just offered the tier 2 rep rather than keeping me on the phone that long. Now I can see why people complain about us.

I will second the comments about Bose.

Their customer service is impeccable. It's actually a pleasure to do business with them.

+3!

Had a problem with my Bose Lifestyle 10 (sound was barely audible), called up customer support, and in 5 minutes had me back up and running. Just an issue of turning on the sub-woofer before the head unit, a problem not covered in the user manual.