Dante 54 or 109

It has the black sticker on the back, and a sticker was removed on the top of the box, I have a feeling it was that one!

Lol! Maybe it was the one full of rats that implies that smoking gives you a rat problem :D they tend to get creative with stickers over here.

I removed the black sticker from my boxes, it's very hard but doable :D

Congratulations again!

1- Remove the sticks

2- hair dryer to remove the stickers.

3- rub cooking or olive oil on glue residue.

4- leave box to breath for a couple of hours

That's what I did to my box. Enjoy in good health bro.

Olive oil? Wouldn't the box absorb that like a cooking box?

With unvarnished boxes? I've been good with varnished boxes and olive oil on unvarnished even a tiny amount would surely stain?

Sandpaper works very well on unvarnished boxes

Nope no stains what so ever mate.. It's in the quantity.

4u4yra8a.jpg

u8u3ahy9.jpg

As means of example I have not used the method with the Monte EL 08 box but I have used it with the ED54 no noticeable difference

Smoked a 54 and didn't do much for me. At that price point I expect greatness. I have more and will try another over the holidays. I did not get anything that screamed Montecristo to me. I found it muddled and tightly wound (flavors, not the draw).

Smoked a 54 and didn't do much for me. At that price point I expect greatness. I have more and will try another over the holidays. I did not get anything that screamed Montecristo to me. I found it muddled and tightly wound (flavors, not the draw).

^Agree

It is not based off of Montecristo

I know it's not, that is why I mentioned that it didn't scream Monte to me. It was just a dud. I would like to know what kind of thought process goes into the blend that was used. I know PCC blends their RE's for strength and aging.

I've only had one 109 and it was pretty mediocre. I was expecting a lot more for what I paid. I still have a 54 that has been sitting in my humi since last June that I haven't gotten around to and probably wont till after I move.

I knew I should have just bought more Boli Dist from the china jar instead of the 109........

Weird that. The single that I have tasted was more like a super sized Edmundo than anything else.

It did not taste like an Upmann like some reviews are stating nor did it taste like a mix of both Montecristo and HUpmann.

Which makes me in the minority then! :D

Weird that. The single that I have tasted was more like a super sized Edmundo than anything else.

It did not taste like an Upmann like some reviews are stating nor did it taste like a mix of both Montecristo and HUpmann.

Which makes me in the minority then! biggrin.png

The thing that Max Gutmann was trying to get, was more like a Partagas Luistanias profile. Those are his favorites and he was aiming for something like that.

The thing that Max Gutmann was trying to get, was more like a Partagas Luistanias profile. Those are his favorites and he was aiming for something like that.

I'm sure Gutmann loved the original Lusi 109s back in the '90s, but let's be honest, these don't taste anything like Partagas...and why would they roll a remake of the legendary Partagas at JM and not FPG? I think meant the size was special to him.

Maybe Nino can speak definitively for us.

I'm sure Gutmann loved the original Lusi 109s back in the '90s, but let's be honest, these don't taste anything like Partagas...and why would they roll a remake of the legendary Partagas at JM and not FPG? I think meant the size was special to him.

Maybe Nino can speak definitively for us.

Maybe I expressed my self wrong, not that this should be Partagas Lusitanias just inspired by them (well at least that's what Max himself told me :D) and not just the 109's, 90's Lusitanias and young ones (whatever that means) neutral.gifrotfl.gif

• 1 year later...