Distressed to read the news of the damage to the current crop.

I wonder how the heavy rain which caused curing barns to collapse will impact the current crop. Article can be found on the FOH website. Be warned...you'll throw up in your mouth reading it, though.

Can't be good. Prices will certainly rise.

Unfortunately you cannot control mother nature. Cuba will recover just as it has in the past.

Doesn't this always happen?? Theyll rebound as they always have and prices have risen without losing crops or tobacco.

A friend in HAV mailed me that Hector Luis Prieto was shown on Cuban TV three days ago trying to save ( move to higher ground ) some cujos of tobacco, so it must have been quite bad.

Information is that the rains have been tremendous and bad for the farmers in PdR province, with storm Andrea starting there and moving west.

Does this mean the long run on great CC's is over.

A friend in HAV mailed me that Hector Luis Prieto was shown on Cuban TV three days ago trying to save ( move to higher ground ) some cujos of tobacco, so it must have been quite bad.

Information is that the rains have been tremendous and bad for the farmers in PdR province, with storm Andrea starting there and moving west.

Very sorry to hear this, hopefully they made do as best they could.

It's a hard living at the mercy of mother nature there.... It was only just recently they were hit by Sandy. For their financial security, I sincerely wish them as little damage as possible.

I thought Habanos now has 5 years supply.

How do you know you smoke tobacco from the 09 crop?

Terrible news. Not to sound insensitive, but does this mean the crop next year should be fantastic? Just extrapolating from how '08 hurricane provided an excellent '09 crop