Happy Passover my fellow brothers of the Jewish persuasion!

Happy Passover to you too.

BTW Aaron if your mother was Jewish than are you.

My wife and I will be at our DiL's parents house tonight for Passover Dinner.

Chag Sameach. Cooked two 6 pounds briskets for the family. Actually I basically cooked everything (except of course the gefilte fish). My matzo balls came out so well (you really have to whip the egg whites). Probably going to be smoking a couple cigars later tonight after the fam has left. Will try another RA Super Ramon and am '09 Boli GM that I've been dying to smoke.

After doing some reading and search, my understanding is that it's not the sapp, but some cigars use of bethune to treat tobacco.

Bethune:

A mixture of herbs, wine, rum or a combination of such materials used to treat certain types of tobacco. It’s a process some cigarmakers do, but few discuss. Royal Jamaica was famous for using a bethune on its tobacco.

you guys are too quick. you beat me to the info ;-)

I only smoke Piramides during Pesach. Hag Sameach to all especially Shlomo who should tell the Chauffeur to keep the motor running until Rosh Hashanna!

Well technically your supposed to burn everything in your possession that is not kosher for Passover, or sell it to non-Jewish friends. I think I'll burn my cigars instead of selling. I should be done in about 40 years...same amount of time the Jews spent in the desert after escaping slavery in Egypt.

LOLrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

Hey folks, happy festivities to you all. Me being a muslim, and way too lazy to use google, can someone please explain what passover is all about? Just curious.

Festivities are quite interesting, last week an Iranian friend of mine celebrated New Year, it's quite interesting what they do, they had i think a total of 7 items on their table all starting with "S" as per tradition.

Cheers

Mus

Traditionally Passover is "celebrated" in remembrance of the final sign of God's power that freed the Jews from bondage. Long story short, the Angel of Death came down from Heaven and if your door was not marked by lambs blood it would kill the first born child (son?) of each family. Since the Jews marked their doors, but the Egyptians did not, the Angel of Death spared the Jews and and slayed the sons of Egypt. Having lost his own son, the Pharaoh let the Jews leave.

Being a Christian that is how it is told in the Bible, but I believe it is almost identical to the Torah.