Happy Passover my fellow brothers of the Jewish persuasion!

Yes, thats right, except the holiday is about the freedom from bondage and returning to Israel more than it is about death. In fact it is written that God was very angry when people started singing at the death of the pursuing Egyptian army when the Red Sea closed on them and drowned them. It was also first born offspring of the animals as well. The Heston Ten Commandments movie is surprisingly accurate.

Yes, after 40 years :) At least if you had been there you would have just the right amount of cigars :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Passover.

With Passover soon upon them, the Jewish community in Madrid found themselves in a desperate situation. There was an acute shortage of horseradish. You probably know that horseradish is the key, if not only, ingredient of that fiery condiment for gefilte fish that is known as chrain.

A hue and cry arose and the entire community was mobilized in an effort to prevent this shonda (shame, tragedy).

All the European Union countries gave the same reply, "Sorry, we have none to send.

In desperation, the Rabbi phoned one of his Yeshiva friends in Tel Aviv and begged him to send a crate of horseradish by air freight.

Two days before Passover, a crate of grade Aleph, tear-jerking, Israeli horseradish was loaded at Ben Gurion Airport onto EL Al flight 789 to Madrid, and all seemed to be well.

Unfortunately, when the Rabbi went to the Madrid airport to claim the horseradish, he was informed that a wildcat strike had just broken out and no shipments would be unloaded for at least four days.

As a result, The chrain in Spain stayed mainly on the plane.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the info regarding what passover is all about. I never knew :) Always good to learn about other peoples traditions/beliefs.

Happy festivities to you all.

Passover is about to come to an end soon.

Does anyone remember how in the movie, "The Ten Commandments" (the story of Passover), the Jews put ram's blood on their door posts so the angel of death would pass them by? This angel of death was the tenth plague in the Passover story. Ok, you get the idea.

Our cousins came here for dinner tonight up here in the country to kind of celebrate the end of Passover. Around the end of dinner I started to smell this awful smell. Well turns out a skunk came by and sprayed some huge stink outside our front door... Like THE ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!