Diplomaticos Colleccion Privada - Spanish 2012 RE

I didn't like the first one I smoked - and it had no resemblance to any Dip that I've ever smoked. Maybe I got a bum box or I just have a palate like a billy goat. wink.png

Let me know if you want to unload the rest of your box....I'm willing to take a chance :)

Let me know if you want to unload the rest of your box....I'm willing to take a chance smile.png

Nah, I'll get to them eventually. It's just a 10er box. Definitely NOT stocking up, though ;)

Smoking my first diplo RE now. I not one for reviewing cigars. My normal rating scale is really good, good, it was ok, or I didn't like it.

I'd say this guy falls into the good category. The stick was badly cracked but burned perfectly.

I'm terrible with picking out flavors and I also don't know the diplo profile. But I would I was smooth throughout and the first half had some spicyness to it but not overpowering like an opus

Finishing up I was these were longer I really liked it.

Aplogies if I thread hijacked

• 3 months later...

Revisited these today, might just be entering into the 'year sleep' of a young cigar but that sugar sweetness has completely gone, a lot more 'Dip' now, nuts in the forefront and slight coffee coming through. Not so keen now as that crazy sweet profile was very nice but they are falling more into the traditional marca profile I guess.

This time next year they should be a lot more rounded out I think, don't think these are going to need a long sleep to show what they are going to be.

• 4 months later...

Smoking one right now. Not getting sweetness. It's classic Dip for me. Light bodied. Dried fruit, faint barnyard, cream, cedar, and mocha.

Reminds me somewhat of the QDO RE Francia.

Quite enjoy it as it's a bit more complex than a regular Dip. 92 points.

• 2 years later...

About 8 euro a stick, think it's fine to mention; it's a pretty much set price because of the region.

This is a very accurate review. I'm smoking one right now and I'm getting much of the same that you experienced, a generic sweetness (marshmallow, cake fondit, cotton candy w/e) with a viscous, chewy mouth feel. It's a few years later so a bit more developed with some lemon zest and coffee but also still having the burn issues you mentioned (loose rolll) which should not occur on a 5 year Habanos (+1 regional) stored at 60rh.

Anyway, I'll be looking for more of your honest and accurate reviews. Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merovius said:

This is a very accurate review. I'm smoking one right now and I'm getting much of the same that you experienced, a generic sweetness (marshmallow, cake fondit, cotton candy w/e) with a viscous, chewy mouth feel. It's a few years later so a bit more developed with some lemon zest and coffee but also still having the burn issues you mentioned (loose rolll) which should not occur on a 5 year Habanos (+1 regional) stored at 60rh.

Anyway, I'll be looking for more of your honest and accurate reviews. Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I had completely forgotten about these!