Last Day

Well, today is an end for an era for me. violin.gif After 12 long years, no longer will I be working for the evil multinational corporation Woolworths! 2thumbs.gif I've handed in my resignation, given back my crappy laptop, destroyed my staff id & discount card, and deleted all files on my drives and gotten rid of any incriminating evidence... fuel.gif

Strange, but it feels liberating to be newly unemployed. Probably won't feel that way in months to come, but I think I'll enjoy the feeling whilst it lasts. cool.png

All the best of luck and good fortune -

and congrats for standing up for your conviction!

Alex

Woolworths? Seriously, I thought they went out of business in 1978. Really.

Same for me.

As Shlomo posted, Woolworths Ltd is a different company from the US or UK Woolworths. The Aus Woolies started back in 1924 as a general store, and has grown into Australia's largest retailer, including groceries, general merchandise, liquor, and electronics retail.

So where to now. Coles? sneaky.gif

Well, I was privy to certain strategic information... whistle.gif but that would be unethical. And besides, I'd have to move to Mexico, I mean Victoria. tongue.png

you had a week off, and due to the fact that you are corporate free - have been dragged into the family business by Lim Senior. to work for free...

Since you did it to me every week for 8 mths, I thought I would return the favour - Get a real job, you bum

you had a week off, and due to the fact that you are corporate free - have been dragged into the family business by Lim Senior. to work for free...

Since you did it to me every week for 8 mths, I thought I would return the favour - Get a real job, you bum

Jason....hard to rock up to a job interview covered in coal dust lol3.gif

Interesting article here, Woolworths and its worth to winos:

http://drinkster.blo...h-to-winos.html

Tough times for many it seems

I'll say this much, I was privy to some of the inner workings, and whilst Woolies has taken advantage of the situation, a lot of the problems come right from the Govt and the producers themselves. The wine glut is a direct result of the huge number of small producers that got into the biz after the Govt started giving out tax breaks and grants to start vineyards. The falling price is just the rule of supply & demand, too much grape/juice in the market and not enough drinkers (despite Rob,Ken, Di ,et al making a huge dent) to keep the prices up.

For some who have discounted for so long, it is too late to bring their prices back up now that they have devalued their products. A classic example is Yellowtail. They went into the US market at the bottom end, going for sales volume instead of sales value.

So it's back to selling charcoal now??? smile.png Still waiting to see it here in WA....

I offered many times, nobody was interested. I do sell charcoal to WA... you just can't get it retail as it goes to charcoal chicken shops. And after the load of crap last Nov/Dec, I'm no longer offering discounts to that forum.

Jason....hard to rock up to a job interview covered in coal dust lol3.gif

Yep, somehow recruiters have a tendency to back away when you track in 5kg worth of charcoal dust when you walk in!! Besides, who wants to get a job now? I just got paid out by Woolies and I want to enjoy it!!