Fake Montecristo #2 EL 2013.....?

Ughhhhh sad....tantrum.gif

So my girlfriends parents took a trip to Mexico last week and out of the goodness of their hearts decided to pick me up a few things from the resort they were staying at. By now they know what I love...cigars, so they decided to get me some Cubans.....ugh I wish I could of told them not to, but it was too late they wanted to surprise me. They came back today and were so happy they handed me a box of Monte 2's EL 2013. As soon as my eyes saw it I cringed.....how much did you pay....$45.00 USD. no.gif

I just smiled and put on my best fake smile face biggrin.png lol I felt so bad didn't have the heart to tell them that they were 100% fake and they got scammed out of 45 bucks.

Just a polite thank you, my utmost appreciation, then went home and dashed em sad.png

Very angry this happens to ppl trying to do something nice, but here are some photos if you want to show a person going overseas what Cubans don't look like.

post-11572-0-06520200-1362021373_thumb.j

post-11572-0-19465600-1362021377_thumb.j

post-11572-0-63911100-1362021381_thumb.j

post-11572-0-59880000-1362021385_thumb.j

post-11572-0-74179300-1362021389_thumb.j

Last one is the fake next to a dead dried out real Monte 2

How nice of them, and what a shame that this happened.

Looks like a pretty terrible job they did on those as well. You should dissect it and upload the pictures. As I hear it, some fakes have some half-decent long-filler in them to pass it off better if they're actually smoked (maybe a counterfeiter looking for return customers?), while others are obviously filled with all sorts of nasties from the floor (bits of plastic or hair).

If you cut one open and everything seems to be more or less in order, might be worth bringing them out at the next family barbeque.

I hate this. However, I have found that even when you explain to your friends and family that they still don't listen to you. I was in Mexico last year and my cousins bought bunches of cigars from our resort even after I explained to them that there is no such thing as a glass top box of cuban cigars. At least I was able to enjoy some from the local LCDH.

I would have lit up and tried one for at least 4 or 5 puffs just to make sure it wasn't totally toxic. I've confessed on these boards previously that I'd ended up with clear fakes that after some months I gave a shot. And they weren't totally bad. Yet I can understand absolutely where you're coming from fuel.gif

Very angry this happens to ppl trying to do something nice

Which is why I don't understand why people don't tell their family/friends who buy these fakes. Do you really want them to go back and buy them again, or tell their friends where to buy some great cigars while on their trip and pass along more fakes to other people.

I'm sorry they got duped and I understand why you didn't say anything, but if it were me, I would definitely tell the people I love simply for the fact that they don't get duped again, among the other reasons.

btw, I've seen someone else post a pic of those exact same cigars... they must be the popular new fake cigar on the scene.

I'm sorry they got duped and I understand why you didn't say anything, but if it were me, I would definitely tell the people I love simply for the fact that they don't get duped again, among the other reasons.

Thanks

I know but sometimes like in this instance ppl do it as a surprise, I wish I knew there were going to try to get me some I would tell them STOP don't worry about it 99.9% time your going to get a fake even in a resort.

Alas if you they do want to for themselves and there are stubborn at lest this will provide a visually starting point of what to never pick up.

And generally, these are filled with tobacco beetles. Sad thing is people say they buy it in legit stores. Ayway, thank god for Rob.

I love how much is "almost" right

The hologram, seal, habanos sticker and more...almost but not

Still only $45 which is better than $400 or more that people have paid for full boxes of Cojibas

Damn shame that someone trying to make a kind gesture would get scammed out of their money. Luckily, the thought wasn't lost on you so all-in-all it's not bad. I'm sure they could have gotten worse in Mexico!