Are green patches on Behike normal?

Hey guys,

I just received a box of behike 54, BTO SEP 12.

I was really amazed when I saw green patches and spots on 4 of the sticks surprised.gif

I'm really a cigar noob, just ask you guys here if its normal for such premium priced cigars?

Please share your experience wink2.gif

I'll be sticking them in the humidor for awhile first as they look and feel kinda dry, some of the wrappers at the foot is starting to crack.sad.png

post-16430-0-86617400-1361246840_thumb.jpost-16430-0-92659900-1361246847_thumb.j

post-16430-0-58366800-1361246909_thumb.j

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green spots are generally where raindrops have landed on the wrapper. Sun invariably shines and hence you have an "Angels kiss".

i never see it as an imperfection. Simply a acceptance of nature.

Pres, on a side-note, would you grade cigars with wrappers that have "Angels Kisses" in either of your selection for PSP, HQ or PE or possibly all of these?

I have 2011 BHK 54's and don't have green spots but the quality is just so so. I thought 12's would be better but guess not. Are they even still using medio tiempo wrappers? Don't think I'll buy another BHK.

nikesupremedunk, I don't think they have ever used medio tiempo for wrappers; only fillers. Correct me if I am wrong.

Are they even still using medio tiempo wrappers?

Medio Tiempo was never used as wrappers, it's basically ligero, it doesn't make the grade for wrappers.

And btw, according to some old books, it's been used for decades before the creation of the BHK line…

Uch, the quality of BHK since 2010 has been an absolute disgrace for such a premier cigar.

Nothing wrong, just ugly.

lol these patches are standard on ANY cigar not all but can happen to any

You are going to be lighting them on fire and they will be reduced to ash who cares how pretty they are? As long as they smoke good and taste good that's all that matters to me.

I call ugly cigars ones with character and I have been surprised by some real mutant cigars in the past.

You are going to be lighting them on fire and they will be reduced to ash who cares how pretty they are? As long as they smoke good and taste good that's all that matters to me.

I call ugly cigars ones with character and I have been surprised by some real mutant cigars in the past.

I am in general agreement with this statement. Here is the exception.

If one can manage the rationalle for the cost of this cigar, should it not be exceptional in every way? This is a core problem with the Habanos enthusiast. While we are willing to compromise on many fronts due to our understanding of the cigar trade, we should frankly be not willing to compromise when the cigar that took 30 cents to make costs $30.00 bucks!

If these guys can mangage to get the box lid to line up with the box bottom, should they not be choosing perfect wrappers for their premier line of cigar? Put that wrapper on a different cigar and pick out the perfect ones for these high line items.

These types of errors, while cosmetic only, show Tabacuba's contempt for its high-line customer!

Do the spots mean anything? No, not to flavor, but they certainly tell you what Tabacuba thinks of you as a customer. As far as they are concerned, you will buy any crap at any price as long as it says Cohiba and comes in a nice box!

This is not personal regarding the thread starter's cigars or the thread starter. It is a comment about Tabacuba.

-the Pig

It cracks me up how people can defend them and keep coming back for 30 dollar cigars that are unproven or have construction/blend issues.

Even though it's not a major issue, would you walk into a store and willingly choose a box of high-priced, "premium" cigars that weren't visually appealing to you?

Pres, on a side-note, would you grade cigars with wrappers that have "Angels Kisses" in either of your selection for PSP, HQ or PE or possibly all of these?

Generally not for PSP unless the wrapper is brilliant in terms of sheen and oil. One or two dots on an otherwise brilliant box does not preclude them from HQ.

I don't see it as a flaw. Still, I like my PSP to be visually perfect. There is always the exception to the rule but it would take a lot to make me consider otherwise.

Does that 30 cents include the wages of the farmer, the seeds, the water and fertalisers, the wages of the harvesters, the wages of the truck drivers, the wages of the rollers, blenders, people who check CQ, put on bands, look after tobacco stores, sort the leaves, remove stems etc etc?

+ barns, sorting facilities, factories (fittings and fixtures), research and development i.e. infrastructure....all of which needs to be maintained and often replaced.

If these guys can manage to get the box lid to line up with the box bottom, should they not be choosing perfect wrappers for their premier line of cigar? Put that wrapper on a different cigar and pick out the perfect ones for these high line items.

These types of errors, while cosmetic only, show Tabacuba's contempt for its high-line customer!

Do the spots mean anything? No, not to flavor, but they certainly tell you what Tabacuba thinks of you as a customer. As far as they are concerned, you will buy any crap at any price as long as it says Cohiba and comes in a nice box!

This is not personal regarding the thread starter's cigars or the thread starter. It is a comment about Tabacuba.

-the Pig

Agreed lol3.gif

Does that 30 cents include the wages of the farmer, the seeds, the water and fertalisers, the wages of the harvesters, the wages of the truck drivers, the wages of the rollers, blenders, people who check CQ, put on bands, look after tobacco stores, sort the leaves, remove stems etc etc?

When you own everything on the island, including the people and all the property, their labor and even their spirit in some cases; you pay them 20 CUC a week (or is it a month?)... what do you think? Think that the labor rate over there in the workers paradise is a living wage?

There are more materials, energy and labor put into a can of clam chowder than a $30.00 cigar! And Progresso does not use slave labor to can the stuff!!! They make money and I can buy a can for under a buck! When their employees to go the hospital, they don't have to bring their own sheets and toilet paper either!!

After rethinking it a bit... I should have said a 15 cent cigar!!!

Cheers! -Piggy