Django Unchained

Overproof

Great movie. Christoph Waltz as 'Dr Shultz' was fantastic, very clever character. Had a touch of everything this movie..romance, drama, suspense. I love how Tarantino mixes comedy and exploits violence so well but, can still have you thinking about the extreme conditions the slaves went through.

Definitely going to buy the soundtrack. It's killer!!

Ive been to the cinema twice to see it already...

And i only saw it for the first time on sunday! I am i life-long tarantino fan and I must say this film is superb. Christolph Waltz's performance is superb, and Jamie Foxx was also fantastic and thats not forgetting dicaprio...

Its easily in my top 10 of all time i rate it that highly.

• 1 month later...

I loved this film!

Best QT film since Pulp Fiction

Christopher Waltz as Dr Schultz was refreshing after his role in Inglorious Bastards and Dicaprio as Mr Candi was disturbing.

Plus, Tarintinos aussie accent is worth the price of admission alone :-)

"I Like The Way You Die, Boy"

i will never ever again watch a tarantino film. think he is a completely overrated self-indulgent,talentless hack tosser. that 'deathcar' or deathrace' or whatever it was called was simply the worst movie ever made. and if he did have any talent, ability or simple humanity, he would have known that and refused to put it out. he didn't. it was a deliberate ripoff. jail was too good for him. some of the earlier films were enjoyable but that was appalling beyond comprehension.

had friends going to this latest one. i refused to go and i talked them out of this film. i will never watch another of his films, past or future, or do anything that ever might put a single cent in his pocket.

and unfortunately, defamation laws and forum decency prevent me from telling you what i really think of the tosser.

I enjoyed it up until 'the handshake'. It really lost me after that, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it. Cant say that I liked Jamie Foxx in it, but Waltz was brilliant as always and Samuel L Jackson, I thought, was phenomenal, really inhabited that role to the point he was nearly unrecognisable. Shame it went off the rails

i will never ever again watch a tarantino film. think he is a completely overrated self-indulgent,talentless hack tosser. that 'deathcar' or deathrace' or whatever it was called was simply the worst movie ever made. and if he did have any talent, ability or simple humanity, he would have known that and refused to put it out. he didn't. it was a deliberate ripoff. jail was too good for him. some of the earlier films were enjoyable but that was appalling beyond comprehension.

had friends going to this latest one. i refused to go and i talked them out of this film. i will never watch another of his films, past or future, or do anything that ever might put a single cent in his pocket.

and unfortunately, defamation laws and forum decency prevent me from telling you what i really think of the tosser.

Death Proof was made for a laugh. You can't really think that was supposed to be taken seriously?

Death Proof was made for a laugh. You can't really think that was supposed to be taken seriously?

well no, except what the hell was even vaguely humorous about it? seriously the biggest load of crap ever put on screen. there is no film on earth, no test pattern, i would not watch instea of it if forced to chose.

the only person that got a laugh was tarantino. by ripping off idiot punters like me who paid to see it. never again.

that said, a lot of reviewers actually took it as a serious film and every single one of them that didn't castigate it beyond redemption should have been sacked on the spot.

Yes. The laugh was for people who enjoyed B movies from the 70s. It wasn't pretending to be anything but a piss take.

The laugh was on people expecting a serious film. That it was not....

Your loss. Django is rather entertaining.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Quentin Tarantino has always loved Sergio Leone's Spaghetti Western films from the 1960s, starring Clint Eastwood as the Man with No Name, and this film is his modern take on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The violence is there as an ode to all classic Spaghetti Westerns.