Pre-Embargo Partagas Coronas A Mejorado

I have a chance to pick up some of these and wanted to share and get your thoughts? Take a look at the picture. According the the source, they have been verified by Nicholas Ivanov (Cigar Museum in Florida). He wants $150/cigar.

He thinks they are 1950-1954 based on the cello.

post-1187-0-35252800-1358263963_thumb.jp

post-1187-0-99040900-1358264651_thumb.jp

Very interesting. According to CCW these were discontinued in the 1980's. It's near impossible to determine if these are pre-embargo or towards the end of their release. Take a chance with one perhaps? See if they'll let you handle it outside of the cello. Give it a slight pinch, see if the aromas are still present.

Good luck!

CCW Link.

Obviously Patrick I cannot tell you what to do. But I would take the $150 and buy a whole box of cigars that I like. Whether it is old or new, cigars at this price are rarely worth what they cost. Admittedly I am a smoker and not a collector. The experience value is low on my priority list. Planning on buying 2 or 3? Buy one or two boxes of cigars that you will be happy to pull out of your humidor on any day and smoke instead. MHO.

Good luck on your purchase. -Ray

I have a chance to pick up some of these and wanted to share and get your thoughts? Take a look at the picture. According the the source, they have been verified by Nicholas Ivanov (Cigar Museum in Florida). He wants $150/cigar.

He thinks they are 1950-1954 based on the cello.

post-1187-0-35252800-1358263963_thumb.jp

post-1187-0-99040900-1358264651_thumb.jp

?? Is that PER cigar or for all of them? And unless they were Dunhill Cabinettas or something I doubt I would do it - even if money WEREN'T an object no.gif

A big PASS from me. Not worth it. If they haven't come from your own humidor then do not buy them. I learned this the hard way with wine. Every single bottle of "20+ aged", "rare" or "extremely hard to find" bottle I ever purchased (thru very well respected auction houses etc) was a huge disappointment. Follow Ray's advice and buy a couple of boxes or one great box of regular cigars.

Obviously Patrick I cannot tell you what to do. But I would take the $150 and buy a whole box of cigars that I like. Whether it is old or new, cigars at this price are rarely worth what they cost. Admittedly I am a smoker and not a collector. The experience value is low on my priority list. Planning on buying 2 or 3? Buy one or two boxes of cigars that you will be happy to pull out of your humidor on any day and smoke instead. MHO.

Good luck on your purchase. -Ray

This!