skins tweet

The entire Skins franchise saw their future vanish with that knee slipping sideways.

Such a sad end to the Redskins' season. Great physical game by both. Morris and Lynch had great outings.

Very much agreed. Was hoping to see them go another round or two, but c'est la vie.

It would have been a different game altogether, IMO, if they hadn't put RG3 in at all, or had pulled him much much earlier in the game.

all very sad.

would have been nice. i think they could have given atlanta a run - at least on first 1/4 form. given anyone a run on first 1/4 form!

but all credit to the kid. he is a massive competitor. love that fierce drive to be part of it. just needs to get a little cleverer.

seahawks looked pretty good. didn't let that first 1/4 overwhelm them. they could go a lot further.

here's to an off-season where the defence gets some support, or a few of those injured back fit and healthy for next year, the o-line gets a touch-up and we all find out that THE KNEE is not so bad and he is back better than ever (i suggested to rob that all he needs is three days in a cave).

Too bad RG3 wasn't healthy for the game, would've been great I think. I think the Hawks are playing with so much confidence right now that they can take Atlanta with a solid passing game from Wilson. I think the Hawks D can match up with Atlanta's WR's and no way Atlanta will be able to run on them. Tony Gonzalez will probably be the X factor...

i thought that was a terrible decision to keep rg3 out there after he hurt his knee when he fell out of bounds in the first quarter... he was clearly limping and you have to wonder when one decides he was not fit to continue, i don't care how much he wanted to play and said he was ok, he's 22 and that knee is going to be a big problem in the future considering they are hoping he is going to be around for 10 years.. it was his rookie year and he already achieved so much, what happened today should never happen in any sports, playoff game or friendly your health is the most important thing you have

Are the Seahawks the Cinderella story?

The Seahawks are the hottest team in the NFC for sure. The Packers seem to be on the upswing but they still lack a running game and their win this weekend was at home against a team that barely made the playoffs and was missing their starting QB. Still, I think they might be able to beat the 49ers, who all of a sudden don't seem as powerful as they did last year. Kaepernick does give the 49ers more at the QB position than Alex Smith but he's still unproven in many ways and the 49ers still seem to have trouble scoring whether it's Smith or Kaepernick behind center. Plus the 49ers lost a couple of key players on offense in the second half of the season (Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams) so their offense is likely going to continue to be challenged to put a lot of points on the board. I think the Seahawks beat the Falcons and may make it to the Super Bowl. Nobody seems able to stop them right now.

The SB is going to be Packers vs. Pats. No doubt about it. Pats win it all this season. That's my prognostication. That and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

The Washington Posts is reporting that RGIII may have partial knee tears. He is having an exam today in Florida by the orthopedic surgeon.

Looks like he will have an extended recovery. tantrum.gif

You have to hope he has an Adrian Peterson kind of recovery.

Makes me somewhat glad Indy picked up Luck instead of RGIII.

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III suffered a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Sunday's playoff game against the Seahawks, a source said.

Griffin also likely tore at least part of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), but it's unknown how severe it is because a previous knee injury he suffered at Baylor in 2009 required two screws and a rubber band to hold it together.

Graziano: RG Knee

graziano_dan_m.jpgWithout much information on Robert Griffin III's knee injury, we are left to connect dots and it may not be a pretty picture, Dan Graziano writes. Blog

Because of the previous injury, doctors initially could not determine Monday if his ACL was partially or completely torn and doctors don't know what surgery should be performed.

The Washington Post reported earlier that Griffin's MRI suggested partial tears to the ACL and LCL.

Griffin, who entered Sunday's wild-card playoff game already nursing a previously sprained LCL in the same knee, appeared to tweak the knee on a pass attempt in the first quarter and then left the game in the fourth quarter after twisting his leg while attempting to recover a muffed shotgun snap.

This means he is out for a very long time. Two ACL tears on the same knee is very very bad news.

Great game by the seahwaks perfectstorm! rough start, but Caroll made the necessary adjustments. If RGthe3rd was 100% who knows if the would have still won that game. But RW3 and BeastMode did the job. Ball Hawk Thomas, BAMBAMCAM, Optimus Prime did the job in the secondary.

I agree with Orion, if they were at home, they would be SB Contenders. I still think they will beat the Hawks and then go on to lose in GB in the NFC Final. Denver V GB is my SB Pick