Luck,Wilson or Rg3?

1. been following the nfl lately and what a year it has been for all these guys, as much as the focus has been on luck and rg3 it is hard to ignore russell wilson.. especially after he destroyed the 49ers last week, i am still probably sliding with rg3 based on he led his team back from the brink of missing the playoffs and his amazing pass rating not to mention all the other stats, including breaking cam newtons rookie record for rushing yards, but this discussion has many arguments so i would love to hear everyone's thought.

thanks

Yes it is a good debate, can't really go wrong with any of them. At first glance RG3 has all the flash, big stats and gift that can win any given game. But out of the 3, he's the last one I would take long term. I think the style that RG3 plays, he won't last very long in the NFL, at a high level anyway. He is a good pocket passer but his game relies on some running as well and he has shown with a knee injury and concussion that his style will not allow him to last very long.

If I had to choose right now I would probably take Luck because he is the prototypical NFL QB who is smart, has a good arm, is tall and can actually run. Unless he has a crazy injury, he will be a good QB for 15 years.

I'm a firm believer in people like Russel Wilson. He is a natural winner, just like Joe Montana was. Joe came out of college "too small", but had the brains and natural gift to become a legend. Of course I'm not comparing Wilson to Montana yet, but he has those same qualities... smaller guy with a good/accurate arm, has a great mind for the game, natural leader who guys want to follow and the added bonus is that he can run.

It's too hard to pass on Luck right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson ends up being the head of this class when all is said and done.

I love RG3, but I have to agree with AlohaStyle that, at least the way he's taking hits now, he can't be long for this career. But picking the best out of this group of 3? They're all super-gifted guys you can build a team around. Since that's the goal, I'd have to give the colts the best chance of that, just because we've seen them do it. I think the Redskins franchise is always going to be a disaster, the way they waste money on free agents, etc.

All three teams should be very happy with their franchise QB at this point, but what they do around him is what will really matter.

was watching the 49ers vs seahawks game and this subject came up, the commentator said one stat that stood out was griffins 5 interceptions to 20 tds, i would agree that luck looks the better long term prospect but you never know rg3 might learn the qb slide, his arm is pretty darn good, ive watched bradford and newton buckle in there second year's... i reckon we need to see who is where by the end of next year regardless of playoff's this year, all three guys have had a stellar year and as much as i don't want to admit it, i think at least one of these guys is going to miss the mark next year, although i hope i am wrong and this turns out to be the best qb class in the history of the nfl next to 1983 draft

Well RGIII is going to the Pro Bowl so I think that says something on top of his stats and all.

True, all three are playing extremely well and it really comes down to what kind of a qb you like best. I think RGIII will have to adjust a bit in order to stay healthy in the NFL but I think he is learning. Frankly I would rather have a qb with his speed in addition to being a pinpoint passer. Just look at this rating.

Oh and I am a lifelong (suffering) Redskins fan. :lol3:

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

Luck has no running game and an average defense. Wilson and RGIII have great running games and solid defenses (Seattle's is great). All three are going to be really good, but I think Luck's game will go above and beyond once that supporting cast develops.

If I was building a team it would definitely be Luck I was handing the jersey to! He has all the tools to be a great QB in the NFL and his impressive record of 4th quarter drives to win games already shows he has the intangibles of a winner as well. The turnaround he has accomplished in Indy with a weak supporting cast is incredible. Definitely the year of the rookie QB and all three have brought great excitement to the league but for me, Luck is the tops of three without a doubt.

The Redskins have a solid defense? :lol3: Really? Certainly they have played better during the winning streak but just look at the rankings.

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

Luck has no running game and an average defense. Wilson and RGIII have great running games and solid defenses (Seattle's is great). All three are going to be really good, but I think Luck's game will go above and beyond once that supporting cast develops.

. I think the Redskins franchise is always going to be a disaster, the way they waste money on free agents, etc.

it does seem that the message finally got through to synder. i suspect that the deal to get allen and shanahan on board was for him to butt out. best thing that could have ever happened. the only big money free agent in the last year or so (how long since fat albert?), after endless disasters, has been garcon, i think. and when fit, he has been massive for them.

good thread but we'll only know in ten years. but surely the 1/4back who has been the stand alone winner of the trio, this year, has been rg3. if he stays fit (yes, he really does have to learn to protect himself), then he could be anything. if he stays fit, on th basis of what we have seen this year, can anyone really say he won't finish as the best ever?

luck went number 1 in the draft for good reason. great season. he is the safe and easy choice for the long term. wilson also been very good. i'd think rg3/luck will be remembered as two of the all time greats (yes, very early days) if they stay fit and wilson a very good player.

as another long term skins fan, i would not swap rg3 for anyone in the comp. if he blows his knee, or cops some other injury, it would be a tragedy for all fans. especially skins fans.

for those doubting the sort of bloke rg3 is, this is a terrific article on him and his background. definitely worth a read.

http://www.washingto...aa43_story.html

it does seem that the message finally got through to synder. i suspect that the deal to get allen and shanahan on board was for him to butt out. best thing that could have ever happened. the only big money free agent in the last year or so (how long since fat albert?), after endless disasters, has been garcon, i think. and when fit, he has been massive for them.

good thread but we'll only know in ten years. but surely the 1/4back who has been the stand alone winner of the trio, this year, has been rg3. if he stays fit (yes, he really does have to learn to protect himself), then he could be anything. if he stays fit, on th basis of what we have seen this year, can anyone really say he won't finish as the best ever?

luck went number 1 in the draft for good reason. great season. he is the safe and easy choice for the long term. wilson also been very good. i'd think rg3/luck will be remembered as two of the all time greats (yes, very early days) if they stay fit and wilson a very good player.

as another long term skins fan, i would not swap rg3 for anyone in the comp. if he blows his knee, or cops some other injury, it would be a tragedy for all fans. especially skins fans.

for those doubting the sort of bloke rg3 is, this is a terrific article on him and his background. definitely worth a read.

http://www.washingto...aa43_story.html

Best ever? Really? Based on what we have seen this season? Ken appreciate your team loyalty but that is quite the leap. He's not even the best this year. Personally, nothing I have seen this year would have changed the draft order from last year, at least at the first two spots! Wilson would be moved up and rightly so. Good discussion and hoping all goes well for the Skins fans tomorrow!

RG3, hands down. NO debate

Only time will tell on that one amigo.

It is a shame that all three came in the league in the same year, and if Wilson played anywhere else beside the sports backwater that is Seattle, he would be getting the same attention as the other two.

Brazos, I'll bet you a nice fiver that Wilson goes deeper in the playoffs than RGIII or Luck. peace.gif

Best ever? Really? Based on what we have seen this season? Ken appreciate your team loyalty but that is quite the leap. He's not even the best this year. Personally, nothing I have seen this year would have changed the draft order from last year, at least at the first two spots! Wilson would be moved up and rightly so. Good discussion and hoping all goes well for the Skins fans tomorrow!

we are not mutually exclusive here.

didn't actually say he was the best this year of all 1/4backs - though i think he has been the best of the rookies and close to the best of the lot. peyton manning and aaron rodgers obviously stellar years. i think all three of those rookies have had great years and i think all have exceeded the expectations that were held for them for the first year at least.

and what i said was not that he would be the best ever (though as a skins fans, how good would that be) but rather, i said 'who can say he won't be'. not quite the same thing.

wilson would certainly have gone much higher with hindsight. so too, would kurt cousins. from what i have read, had the skins not got rg3, they would have gone much higher than they did for cousins.

but the candidate for who would get pumped furtherest up the draft if it was done again would surely be alfred morris. as a skins fan, it is great to see a low round pick turn into something special - instead of watching other sides find gems like that while our supposed superstars turn into excrement.

just heard rg3 got the rookie of the week over russell wilson!?!? i like rg3 but that is bulls%$t!! robbery!! i would agree with ImTripN2 when he said russell wilson will do better in the playoffs than luck and rg3, seahawks are looking scary atm and have a more structured team than skins and colts

just heard rg3 got the rookie of the week over russell wilson!?!? i like rg3 but that is bulls%$t!! robbery!! i would agree with ImTripN2 when he said russell wilson will do better in the playoffs than luck and rg3, seahawks are looking scary atm and have a more structured team than skins and colts

if i understand things correctly, on the assumption that the 49ers don't choke, if the skins beat the cowgirls, they'll host seattle?

pretty exciting to think that with luck over the next decade, we could see these 3 playing each other in the playoffs (yes, understand only if colts in the superbowl).

RGIII has won the weekly comp something like seven times this year. I think that says something in itself.

Seattle has a better defense, than the Skins and is always a real challenge in the playoffs. Although if the Skins were to meet them at home that would help some.

Good crop of rookie qb's playing this year. All of their teams have benefitted. Remember that both the Skins and the Colts went from crapola to shineola in one season mainly by having a competent qb.

Only time will tell on that one amigo.

It is a shame that all three came in the league in the same year, and if Wilson played anywhere else beside the sports backwater that is Seattle, he would be getting the same attention as the other two.

Brazos, I'll bet you a nice fiver that Wilson goes deeper in the playoffs than RGIII or Luck. peace.gif

The Shame is that it's not even fair for mere mortals like Luck and Wilson to have to compete against RG3!

RGIII has won the weekly comp something like seven times this year. I think that says something in itself.

Seattle has a better defense, than the Skins and is always a real challenge in the playoffs. Although if the Skins were to meet them at home that would help some.

Good crop of rookie qb's playing this year. All of their teams have benefitted. Remember that both the Skins and the Colts went from crapola to shineola in one season mainly by having a competent qb.

Agreed that a good QB is essential in today's passing oriented NFL.

BUT....

Having a last place schedule for 2012 never hurts. Let's see if Colts and Redskins are legit in 2013. I think Seahawks are already there.