Luck,Wilson or Rg3?

Agreed that a good QB is essential in today's passing oriented NFL.

BUT....

Having a last place schedule for 2012 never hurts. Let's see if Colts and Redskins are legit in 2013. I think Seahawks are already there.

Not sure how much the last place schedule got the Skins. They got to play Minnesota (a playoff team @ 10-6) and St. Louis (7-8-1).

i'm a seahawks fan so i'm biast...Wilson! but if i speak from a non biast perpestive...Luck will have the best career of all of them, he will be a more durable QB. RG3 is an amazing athlete, great arm. but if he keeps taking hits like he does he wont last long. Wilson Is great this year, a complete surprise. 3rd round pick. Hawks signed Flynn to a big time contract to be their starter and Wilson steals the job. the big knock against wilson is his height. Only time will tell but IMO Luck will be the best of the 3

1. Luck

2. RGIII

3. Wilson

I would also expect the Colts to be the most improved over time, as currently, Luck has the weakest supporting cast around him. As the quality of his teammates get better, Luck will get better too. All three teams may be playoff contenders for years to come, but Indy looks have the best chance at playoff longevity.

As for bang for the buck rookie...you can't deny that Morris is it. Simply a phenomenal RB. Reminds me of another 6th round draft pick. Different position, but like Morris was overlooked. Just look at what he's accomplished in NE.

As for bang for the buck rookie...you can't deny that Morris is it. Simply a phenomenal RB. Reminds me of another 6th round draft pick. Different position, but like Morris was overlooked. Just look at what he's accomplished in NE.

i'm sure you meant Washington! i'd argue about morris. I think he's benefited from Shanahan's running and blocking schemes...Seems like Shanahan can pratically take any RB in the 6th round and make them a star! but yes he is a phenomenal player as well. Skins will be good for a while...good thing too since they did give up 4 1st rd picks for RGthe3rd

Rgiii will win the Roy award. Great passer rating and TD/into ratio. However the skins will lose to Wilson and company this Sunday. As a seahawks fan I'm hoping shanahan puts 8 in the box to try and stop beast mode so Wilson can pick that horrible secondary to pieces. As for morris, great year but you just can not run on the 'hawks d. Let's go ospreys!

Rgiii will win the Roy award. Great passer rating and TD/into ratio. However the skins will lose to Wilson and company this Sunday. As a seahawks fan I'm hoping shanahan puts 8 in the box to try and stop beast mode so Wilson can pick that horrible secondary to pieces. As for morris, great year but you just can not run on the 'hawks d. Let's go ospreys!

Good too see there is more than one seahawks fan on this board! THe only thing that might play into this game is the fact that the hawks are a horrible road team...but a 4pm est start does help them

9 of 18 for 100 yards. Truly immortal performance, how could Luck, Wilson or anybody else compete with those numbers! Remarkable game and season by Morris mind you! RG3 might not even be the best rookie on his own team!

Morris has had an incredible season. 2nd in the NFL in rushing and TD's. Even RGIII has come out saying that Morris should be rookie of the year as opposed to himself. I think neither will win it as redskins votes will be split between the two of them.

Good too see there is more than one seahawks fan on this board! THe only thing that might play into this game is the fact that the hawks are a horrible road team...but a 4pm est start does help them

Cheers pal! I hear what your saying but with an average of less than 5 points per road loss I'm very encouraged. That includes a last second loss at Detroit and a very tough showing at SF. We can get it done!

i'm sure you meant Washington! i'd argue about morris. I think he's benefited from Shanahan's running and blocking schemes...Seems like Shanahan can pratically take any RB in the 6th round and make them a star! but yes he is a phenomenal player as well. Skins will be good for a while...good thing too since they did give up 4 1st rd picks for RGthe3rd

Yes...Morris plays for Washington, but my NE commentary was aimed at Brady...another overlooked 6th round draft pick.

No question that Morris benefits from Shanahan's running and blocking schemes...as well as the fact that RGIII is a run threat, but I don't think he should lose status points for playing in a scheme that he is well suited for. Hell...one could reasonably argue that both Sanchez and Vick could have had much better seasons if they were standing behind better offensive lines.

i assumed the 6th from NE was brady.

but the skins didn't give up 4 first round picks. they moved up from 6th to 2nd and for that, gave up the next two first round picks (and at least one of them is a lot less valuable than it was 7 weeks ago) and also gave up a 2nd round pick. and i gather would give up even more now they've seen him.

loved the commentator's comment the other day "perhaps rg3 could now solve the fiscal cliff. he's done everything else".

9 of 18 for 100 yards. Truly immortal performance, how could Luck, Wilson or anybody else compete with those numbers!

are you seriously going to bag rg3 on that game?

no offence but did you see it or did you just look at the 'numbers'?

first, they won the thing. doing whatever, playing whatever game plan gets you the result. surely that is most important.

leave aside the number of passes that his blob-handed receivers dropped that would have upped the 'numbers', how many key third downs did he orchestrate? as i mentioned elsewhere, as good as morris was, do you really think he'd have got anything like that many yards without the sleight of hand from rg3? the way he disguises the play is extraordinary. it left future hall of fame defenders standing around completely confused. they looked more lost than an athiest in the vatican.

how about the intangibles? listen to every single redskins and they imediately talk about how he is their leader, the heart and soul of the team. he was the bloke that got them believing they could win. no mean feat for a rookie.

all this while playing with what is clearly a serious injury that has reduced key parts of his game back to mere mortal levels.

skins may not go any further but that won't be rg3's fault. but the fact that they even got close to the playoffs is down to him.

the, with respect, stupidity of bagging his game yesterday becomes so obvious when you look at the opposition 1/4back - the 'numbers? twice the yards, twice the completitions, better yardage per completition. guess who is sitting at home watching the playoffs? guess who didn't choke?

and i happened across this. "Griffin set two more NFL rookie records. His 102.4 passer rating topped Ben Roethlisberger's 98.1 in 2004, and his 1.3 percentage of passes intercepted is better than Charlie Batch's 1.98 in 1998. Griffin had already set the league mark for rushing yards by a rookie QB (815).".

so he broke pretty much all of the key records.

are you seriously going to bag rg3 on that game?

no offence but did you see it or did you just look at the 'numbers'?

first, they won the thing. doing whatever, playing whatever game plan gets you the result. surely that is most important.

leave aside the number of passes that his blob-handed receivers dropped that would have upped the 'numbers', how many key third downs did he orchestrate? as i mentioned elsewhere, as good as morris was, do you really think he'd have got anything like that many yards without the sleight of hand from rg3? the way he disguises the play is extraordinary. it left future hall of fame defenders standing around completely confused. they looked more lost than an athiest in the vatican.

how about the intangibles? listen to every single redskins and they imediately talk about how he is their leader, the heart and soul of the team. he was the bloke that got them believing they could win. no mean feat for a rookie.

all this while playing with what is clearly a serious injury that has reduced key parts of his game back to mere mortal levels.

skins may not go any further but that won't be rg3's fault. but the fact that they even got close to the playoffs is down to him.

the, with respect, stupidity of bagging his game yesterday becomes so obvious when you look at the opposition 1/4back - the 'numbers? twice the yards, twice the completitions, better yardage per completition. guess who is sitting at home watching the playoffs? guess who didn't choke?

and i happened across this. "Griffin set two more NFL rookie records. His 102.4 passer rating topped Ben Roethlisberger's 98.1 in 2004, and his 1.3 percentage of passes intercepted is better than Charlie Batch's 1.98 in 1998. Griffin had already set the league mark for rushing yards by a rookie QB (815).".

so he broke pretty much all of the key records.

Ken, all good points and no offence taken! No desire to bag RG3 at all, he is a wonderful talent and provided he stays healthy will be a great QB in the NFL for a long time to come. However, I am just trying to provide some perspective to the overwhelming, occasoinally nauseating, often irrational man love that is coming from many towards RG3. Calling him immortal or giving him credit for the sensationall season Morris has had truly pushes the boundaries of rationality! He is a great quarterback but as this thread has clearly pointed out, there are at least two rookie quarterbacks who have just as bright futures (Luck is the top but that is solely my opinion.) On top of that there are many current NFL quarterbacks who are much better than all three at the moment! I'm estatic for the Skins fans as they certainly deserve some success but perhaps their euphoria is skewing their perception of reality slightly. I don't think anyone who has taken the time to watch Wilson play this year would be surprised if he outshines RG3 on Sunday. Like I said, from the start, great debate and the bottom line is we now have three electrifying young QB's to watch for years to come. Good luck to all whose teams are in the playoffs!

yes, might have got a smidge carried away in my defence. Apols if I did.

one point - everyone talks about how it was romo v rg3 and now rg3 v wilson. never quite understood that - they are never on the field at the same time. but it is a convenient way to look at things, i guess.

agreed three terrific 1/4backs and agreed that there is a great deal of over-excitement re rg3. for me, he is the pick but understand others with different views. i also think that we'll see/herar a ,ot more of tannehill. i think he also has big potential.

i would never agrue that there are not better 1/4backs currently - peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers are three and there are plenty of other contenders, but i would have rg3 and luck, and to a lesser extent wilson - because he has been a slower starter and i think benefits from playing on a team with such a terrific defence - up there in the 'very close' bracket.

leaving aside injuries (luck, for example, has taken more hits than rg3 and that seems to have affected him late in the season; also, who knows - look at orakpo. you would not think of him as alikely injury-prone player but been gone for best part of last two years with various injuries - rg3 might go down for good next week or play 15 years), the reason i said i'd rather rg3 than any other 1/4back, or words to that effect, was that with those mentioned, no real upside and with good luck, rg3 could play for the next 1-12 years. obviously the mannings/brady etc have fr less ahead of them.

i kept an "expert prediction" about the top rookie 1/4backs for passing (not sure from where now). most interesting was that wilson was not even considered in the top four. so fantastic effort from him.

the bloke could not have been closer for rg3 passing and td's - got it exact - but way out on intervceptions (as i think every single one of us would have been). for the rest, he seems to have underestimated yards but over-estimated how well they'd do re td's and interceptions.

Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

What's the challenge? To simultaneously replace a legend and return a former perennial AFC powerhouse to the ranks of the elite.

What are the expectations? Luck was regarded as the most pro-ready quarterback prospect to enter the NFL since Peyton Manning, someone who could reverse the fortunes of any franchise that landed him. In Indianapolis, Luck has been tasked with helping the Colts, who won 12 or more games in seven of the past nine seasons, recapture their swagger after going 2-14 in 2011. No one expects the Colts to go from worst to first in Luck's debut campaign. But he's certainly raised expectations by looking like a legitimate franchise quarterback through the first few weeks of the preseason.

What can we actually expect? The Colts seemingly fell off the face of the earth after their lost season and a subsequent mass exodus of veteran players. However, Luck's superb play this month has fueled optimism about the Colts' chances in 2012, despite the fact that they field a young and inexperienced lineup. If Luck can continue to quickly adapt to the speed and tempo of the pro game while showing a complete mastery of the Colts' offensive system, a wild-card spot is not outside the realm of possibility.

Predicted stats: 3,900 passing yards, 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins

What's the challenge? To help the Redskins return to the playoffs for the first time since 2007 and give the franchise someone to build around by stabilizing a long-unsteady position.

What are the expectations? Griffin is supposed to push the Redskins into the postseason for the first time in the Mike Shanahan era. He inherits a team with a championship-caliber defense and several intriguing offensive skill players (such as receivers Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan and Santana Moss, as well as tight end Fred Davis). A shaky offensive line could limit Griffin's opportunities to show off his extraordinary playmaking skills, but RG3 and Shanahan are nonetheless expected to produce fireworks -- and, at some point, an NFC East division title.

What can we actually expect? Griffin has had an up-and-down preseason, but he's flashed enough brilliance to suggest he can develop into a Michael Vick-like weapon from the pocket. He has the athleticism to make plays on the perimeter and the pocket poise/awareness to pick apart defenses through the air. RG3 will need time to acclimate to the complexities of NFL coverage concepts, but there's no reason to think the Redskins shouldn't make the postseason, even in the tough NFC East.

Predicted stats: 3,200 passing yards, 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins

What is the challenge? To be the Dolphins' first franchise quarterback since Dan Marino retired following the 1999 season.

What are the expectations? They're low, considering the New England Patriots' stranglehold on the AFC East, but some observers think the Dolphins have enough blue-chip defensive talent to contend for a playoff berth. That might be a stretch, though, considering the dearth of established receivers. The Dolphins don't have a legitimate No. 1 receiver on the roster -- sorry Davone Bess, Brian Hartline and Clyde Gates -- and it's hard to imagine Tannehill thriving with an offense that lacks explosiveness on the perimeter.

What can we actually expect? The Dolphins appear headed for a tough season. Tannehill is relatively inexperienced, having registered just 19 starts at quarterback at Texas A&M. He should have a keen understanding of Miami's system, thanks to the time he spent working with offensive coordinator (and former Aggies head coach) Mike Sherman in college. But he will need time to adjust to the speed of the pro game and figure out how to decipher complicated blitz schemes. How quickly he learns to make sound decisions under duress will determine whether the Dolphins finish above .500 in coach Joe Philbin's debut season.

Predicted stats: 2,800 passing yards, 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns

What is the challenge? To revive a downtrodden franchise that has made just one playoff appearance since returning to the NFL in 1999. Weeden must also vanquish the ghosts of disappointing first-round picks Tim Couch and Brady Quinn.

What are the expectations? No one thinks the Browns, with their recent losing history and lackluster roster, can contend in the AFC North. On paper, Cleveland is well behind its division rivals. The only hope for the Browns hinges on the rapid development of Weeden. To complicate matters, the Browns have a new owner, and Weeden is being counted on to possibly save the jobs of president Mike Holmgren, coach Pat Shurmur and others. However, overall expectations are at an all-time low; if Weeden and the Browns make any progress, it would be considered a significant step in the right direction.

What can we actually expect? The mature, experienced Weeden quickly won the starting job by displaying all of the physical tools teams covet in a franchise quarterback. He can throw to all areas of the field and brings confidence and leadership to the huddle. It will help if fellow first-round pick Trent Richardson can return to health and become a workhorse back capable of carrying the offense on the ground. However, Weeden can elevate Cleveland's inexperienced receiving corps with his extraordinary arm strength and ball-placement skills. If he forms a strong rapport with Greg Little and fellow rookie Josh Gordon on the perimeter, the Browns could field a respectable squad and be far more competitive than most expect.

Predicted stats: 3,100 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

seriously, i could not have deliberately made that small font if i was paid. nor can i return it to normal, tho will have a go. rob's forum/site has begun '13 as it pretty much spent much of '12 and previous years. causing chaos.

first, it refused to let me load the above post many, many times. kept telling me that the post was too small. no mention of font. then it finally loaded and dwarfed it. no idea why - a major chunk is cut and paste so assume that is the reason?

anyway, the one resolution i can keep is that i will never put anything into such ridiculous small font deliberately.

ayala, fix your forum!

LOL. Ken....we love ya. Wouldn't want it any smaller or bigger if you didn't want it that way yourself! biggrin.png Just having fun with ya! wink.pngtongue.png

Hope your Christmas and the holidays were good. Hope the snakes haven't invaded your place any worse! LOL. How's the new t-shirts fit? biggrin.png

I was thinking about you when I watched RG3 played this Sunday. Fun game to watch, even if I don't have a horse in the race with either of those teams (though, it is fun to watch Tony Romo get pie in his face - such an over-rated QB in the last few years, IMO).

was looking at the mock draft for 2013 and there seems to be alot of defensive players drafted in the first 20 picks, a couple of qb's and virtually now receivers or backs.. i think doug martin had a really good season also, i know it's a different subject but what do you guys think about smith vs kaepernick? i think Alex smith should leave 49er's after this ****, he's a good qb and there are alot of teams that could do with his service, can't stand jim harbaugh.. that guy define's arrogance, not saying Kaepernick is a bad qb i just think smith is better, just a personal opinion

re the 1/4back, yes i know and i did cover it elsewhere i think. will try and do better.

smith must be seriously pissed. clearly there is a personality clash in the organisation. if i was smith, i would make it very clear i want out. asap. quality player (1/4back and/or QB). plenty of sides will want him. who would you take - tebow, sanchez, vick, flynn or smith, because all might be available. i'd take smith in an instant.

and agree, nothing wrong with kaepernick. just tough on smith.