Quintero Favoritos

bstarrs

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

I learned from the Captain that these were only released in Spain, where I have found several.

Really good, for a short filler cigar. Plenty of floral flavour, they reminded me in flavour terms of an average D4.

At 3 Euro, a bargain.

They should be nowhere near the price of D4s......

They are a short filler, the size of a choix supreme.

As stated above, they cost 3Euro in Spain, whereas a D4 is about 10 Euro.

They are a good smoke, and very good value...

They should be nowhere near the price of D4s......

They are a short filler, the size of a choix supreme.

As stated above, they cost 3Euro in Spain, whereas a D4 is about 10 Euro.

They are a good smoke, and very good value...

About $25 less than the 25 box of D4's. I hear they are inexpensive but haven't come across that yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like these are appearing around the world now.

I hope they are as cheap as they were in Spain, but I doubt it.

3Euro...and the RG Perlas..a better cigar, was 2.40 Euros.

I smoked it yesterday at LCDH and it wasnt bad at all, the first half was good, the bottom miehh but at 8$ retail for an almost Robusto size its a damn good fishing cigar !

Picked up a few to try from the LCDH. Just finished one out in the snow and it wasn't bad at all...I had a similar experience...first 2 thirds were good. Coffee notes, slightly floral with a hint of caramel sweetness on the retrohale with a woody toasted tobacco finish. Last third went bland and was meh for me too.

Gotta agree, for $8 CAD retail, $4 CAD online, not a bad smoke for the price.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in trying some. I had a box 5'er of aged quintero's but I have forgotten what they were. Good cigars for the price.

I first heard of these a back in early summer or late spring of this year. People on this board were talking up a storm about them. I figured if everyone was talking about them I should pick a couple up and see what the buzz is about. It was, to the best of my memory, the only cigar hyped so much here on FoH that was an absolute dog rocket in my books. If I could hand out an award for worst cigar of the year the Favoritos wins hands down. Personally I do not know what people see in these. I would honestly smoke a Guantanamera or any Jose Piedro before smoking another one of those. If that was the first CC I ever smoked I may not have ever tried another. Do yourself a favour and spend the money elsewhere. I wouldn't pay .50 cents for one. I wouldn't even accept one as a gift, I would rather smoke the worst non-cuban I have ever had. In fact I have CC fakes that are better then the Favoritos. Rolled up banana leaves tastes better.

I first heard of these a back in early summer or late spring of this year. People on this board were talking up a storm about them. I figured if everyone was talking about them I should pick a couple up and see what the buzz is about. It was, to the best of my memory, the only cigar hyped so much here on FoH that was an absolute dog rocket in my books. If I could hand out an award for worst cigar of the year the Favoritos wins hands down. Personally I do not know what people see in these. I would honestly smoke a Guantanamera or any Jose Piedro before smoking another one of those. If that was the first CC I ever smoked I may not have ever tried another. Do yourself a favour and spend the money elsewhere. I wouldn't pay .50 cents for one. I wouldn't even accept one as a gift, I would rather smoke the worst non-cuban I have ever had. In fact I have CC fakes that are better then the Favoritos. Rolled up banana leaves tastes better.

Well, mine wasnt that bad, but I havent enjoyed the two or three i've had either