School shooting in Newtown CT / China school stabbing

When i found out the full impact of what went on, i could not hold back my tears. I called my son and told him that I love him. If he was with me i would have giving him a huge hug. This is just perverse, outrageous, disgusting, and any other nasty thing you could say. I dont know what this world is coming to. Hug your loved ones everyone, life is precious.

I live in Ct not to far from newtown. The whole state is very overwhelmed by this. There is no way you can prepare for something as awefull as this... I lost a loved one just a couple years ago in a workplace shooting and that was a very sad day for our state. It will take a very long time for our community to recover from this. I do not no anyone who died today but the tears roll down my face as if it was one of my family again.

I pray for the families that are going through this horror. I will never understand a mine that could justify the thought of such madness. Even though my son is 23 years old I could not help but comprehend what my life would be without him. All my thoughts and prayers go out to the families who are suffering from this tragedy.

Only just heard about this. Choking back tears reading reports. Heartbroken.

As a father of a 2-year-old I can only imagine the pain these poor parents are going through.

It's days like these I struggle with the thought of one day having to explain this kind of pure evil to my boy. I just have to remember that for every pure evil bugger there's another human filled with goodness.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. Have to go now and give my son a hug.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible... it's the only word I can think of.

As many of you I'm a father as well, having a 2,5-year-old and only a weak attempt to think this might happen to her brings a sickening feeling to my stomach. It's too much...

My heartfelt sympathies for all involved in this act of pure evil.i cannot even begin to imagine what these poor family's are going through

This is truly a tragic event. Especially so given the tender young age of the children whose lives were taken. I know my wife's firm is feeling this tragedy close to home as Mary Sherlach the school psychologists husband works for her firm. Dean Pinto one of the 6yo victims father is a lawyer at her firm. Grace McConnel one of the 7yo victims was the niece of one of her co-workers. Two other teachers at the school who escaped unharmed have husbands that work at my wife's firm as well. It's really hit close to home for them.

This is truly a tragic event. Especially so given the tender young age of the children whose lives were taken. I know my wife's firm is feeling this tragedy close to home as Mary Sherlach the school psychologists husband works for her firm. Dean Pinto one of the 6yo victims father is a lawyer at her firm. Grace McConnel one of the 7yo victims was the niece of one of her co-workers. Two other teachers at the school who escaped unharmed have husbands that work at my wife's firm as well. It's really hit close to home for them.

...very sorry to hear this my friend, my condolences. -R

what really hit home was watching the reports on jim lehrer's newshour and at the finish, instead of the usual photos of the soldiers who have been killed in afghanistan, they had photos of the victims, kids first. it was one of the saddest, most tragic things imaginable. all these incredibly happy kids. i remembered dean pinto especially as he had a huge grin. and then i read where victor cruz visited his family.

so so sad.