New Star Trek Movie’s First Trailer Kicks Some Serious Galactic Ass

MIKA27

New Star Trek Movie’s First Trailer Kicks Some Serious Galactic Ass

J.J. Abrams has released the trailer for the next Star Trek movie: Star Trek Into Darkness. Just watch it, because it’s awesome. Seriously. I mean, I’m sold just on the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch — of Sherlock fame — plays the bad guy. That’s enough for me, but this teaser makes me want it all now!

It seems the movie is really going to be dark. Like Batman: The Dark Knight Rises kind of dark, but without the pointy ears and without all that latex and a lot more lens flares.

Great clip Mika, thanks for posting

Love Star Trek and these new J.J ABRAMS versions are the best

Cheers

Steve

Didn't really like the previous Abrams one (come to think of it, haven't particularly enjoyed anything he's done outside of Lost). I was raised on Star Trek and didn't find the reboot as engaging or creative as many of the previous films. As a standalone film it wasn't bad, just not up to the calibre set by many of the excellent TNG films that came out over the past decade or two.

Agree with Hazza about Cumberbatch though. Like everyone else, he totally won me over in Sherlock and I'm confident that he'll be able to create a truly interesting, unique character (one of the many areas in which I thought the last film was lacking).

I'm definitely psyched to see this. But this trailer is just so.....meh.

I did like the previous J.J. Abrams Star Trek relaunch. I've never been much of a Trekker (more into Star Wars), but I have seen basically everything that's out there, all movies and most TV shows. I thought the last movie was a brave revitalization of the storyline, and an interesting reboot that could definitely prove to have some great storyline fodder for the movies of the future.

And yes, with Cumberbatch in it, it's set to be a great bad-versus-good acting head-to-head. I'm very interested to see how the characters develop in this movie.

However, this trailer doesn't appeal to me AT ALL.

My gawd - it's Star Trek, for frack's sake, and there's no space scenes/clips!!! That trailer was like Inception-meets-The-Dark-Knight-Rises, but with the Star Trek new kids.

Inception and the recent Dark Knight trilogy are in my top-10 favourites list, bar none. Love those movies.

But really....can't we continue to get innovative with our trailers, rather than trying to copy what worked good for you before? It's the same guys, doing the same things, over and over again, rather than trying to continue to break barriers and reset expectations.

Excellent! Being a bit of a sci-fi geek I loved it all, especially the reboot a few years back. Looks like I have something else to look forward too next year!

Tapatalk'd from my Note II part Tres

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks great! I've been a fan since TNG started and I've seen all the episodes from every series from TOS to Enterprise. This, of course, is completely different like the last movie. But I like the new direction for the franchise.

I thinks Abrams has done a great job rebooting Star Trek. I'm curious how he'll do with Star Wars.

I've always been a big Star Wars fan and never really got into Star Trek, but I loved the last film and am excited to see what Abrams does with both Star Trek and Star Wars! But the trailer is pretty promising!