Of Fakes, Arrests, Fear and Survival

folks do yourself a favor and forget about Cuba go to Spain, mainly Barcelona and also Costa Brava.

Internet fast, 5 star hotels, great food, ATM's that work, changing money easy as pie, and above all

the smokes. Spain receives the most CC's of any country in the world so it is quite easy to find

any and most smokes for wonderful price points. I think I'll wait until Cuba opens up before I spend any

green backs there. I really don't care about "barn yard" smell, in all honesty it makes me sick.

I like my smokes to have settled a while before I smoke them, don't like them wet either.

Remember, the benefits of Spain out way most other places.

But....even with all of those negatives....

Most of us would STILL pick Cuba, and continue to do so, as it's about the overall EXPERIENCE. It's about the people, their joy of life in the face of such turmoil, the architecture and history, the atmosphere and vibe of the island.

folks do yourself a favor and forget about Cuba go to Spain, mainly Barcelona and also Costa Brava.

Internet fast, 5 star hotels, great food, ATM's that work, changing money easy as pie, and above all

the smokes. Spain receives the most CC's of any country in the world so it is quite easy to find

any and most smokes for wonderful price points. I think I'll wait until Cuba opens up before I spend any

green backs there. I really don't care about "barn yard" smell, in all honesty it makes me sick.

I like my smokes to have settled a while before I smoke them, don't like them wet either.

Good joke.

Hope it works and more idiots believe it - the more Cuba and good cigars for the rest of us who appreciate not being inside an overbuilt, raped and overpriced lunatic retirement home full of foreigners smoking moldy overhumidified crap cigars

Good joke.

Hope it works and more idiots believe it - the more Cuba and good cigars for the rest of us who appreciate not being inside an overbuilt, raped and overpriced lunatic retirement home full of foreigners smoking moldy overhumidified crap cigars

holy crap, tell us how you really feel?

That really must be a joke.

As many will know, my wife and I are touring most of Europe and Scandinavia at the moment.

There is little free wifi in Southern Europe, ironically, there is far more in "less civilised" Eastern Europe.

Portugal fares better for free wifi.

There are a few nice places on the med coast of Spain, but not many, as Nino has mentioned, most of it is overbuilt tourist boxes, full of sunburned people who avoid the local food, preffering a "full English" or similar shite.

There are still wonderful beaches, not overly built on, on the Atlantic coast of Spain, ie the Costa de la Lux. Local food...great places.

As for cigars...forget it.

I don't know how it happened, but there are few places to buy in Spain, and most are crispy dry.

I have found a few rarities here, but generally poorly kept.

One of the great ironies, how did the creators of the Cuban cigar industry end up with such a poor supply?

holy crap, tell us how you really feel?

I feel good - gonna try and walk on the snow & ice through the village to my cafe for the newspaper and a cigar .... :-)

That really must be a joke.

As many will know, my wife and I are touring most of Europe and Scandinavia at the moment.

There is little free wifi in Southern Europe, ironically, there is far more in "less civilised" Eastern Europe.

Portugal fares better for free wifi.

There are a few nice places on the med coast of Spain, but not many, as Nino has mentioned, most of it is overbuilt tourist boxes, full of sunburned people who avoid the local food, preffering a "full English" or similar shite.

There are still wonderful beaches, not overly built on, on the Atlantic coast of Spain, ie the Costa de la Lux. Local food...great places.

As for cigars...forget it.

I don't know how it happened, but there are few places to buy in Spain, and most are crispy dry.

I have found a few rarities here, but generally poorly kept.

One of the great ironies, how did the creators of the Cuban cigar industry end up with such a poor supply?

Thank you for putting it in better words.

One correction :-)) it's not "tourist boxes" but : "freaking rabbit huts" that stay empty 11 months a year, have raped 99% of the Spanish Med coast and made me want to throw TNT charges left and right the motorway when I was still visiting my parents south of Alicante.

The Spanish Med landscape will give you eye cancer unless you're blind-drunk, which is what 95% of the "happy tourists" will do, starting with a beer and Brandy b'fast to endure the BS crap they bought into ...

We love parts of the Algarve and most of Portugal for being "Spain 30 years" back, maybe some parts of the Costa de la Luz as Mazola comments and most of the North, Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria, the Basque area.

As for cigars in Spain ... I mostly bring my own and except for a few serious cavas : Fuuuurgett itt.

I'll take freaking nerve-cracking frustating corrupt no-wifi no service no bananas from the wall no nuthing Cuba anyday of the week and twice on Sundays - at least I feel alive there

But : Chacon a son ragout - to each his own stew.

We fell in love with Barcelona... Perhaps we were a pair of tourist who raped the city, enjoying the art, food, wine and music. But finding cigars? Maybe 2 small shops!

Much better luck in Munich, Paris, Amsterdam. I make it my business to be a cigar shopper all over Europe. My sister thinks I am absolutely whacko!!

Yea, no.