FOH'ers Daily Beer

kevinfj

Enjoying a nice local Brazilian beer during a work trip to Rio Preto, state of São Paulo. And great live Brazilian jazz to go along with it...life is good yta9epyg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Treehouse haul plus Pol Roger

Thursday seems to have been a good day ...same drop Date for this one ☝️ And it’s ??

Christmas drinks with mates. Couldn't resist.

A very nice and different coffee ale tonight. Can taste the rich coffee beans with a fruit/sweet profile. A RASS would go well with this one ene7egup.jpg

The Left Hand Milk stout is a really nice creamy stout especially the nitro bottles. Tonight I dove deep into two Oskar Blues, a GNight Imperial Red at 8.7abv and a Deviant Dales IPA at 8% abv. The GNight def tasted more boozy than the IPA which was really smooth, very well balanced and hid the alcohol very well, but bothe very tasty love Oskar Blues.

This weekend's lineup. Getting ready for some NCAA hockey...yes there is something other than basketball going on. I really enjoyed the Left Hand milk stout. Nice score on the Bell's Hopslamvezuju7u.jpg

A gift. Oh.....what a gift. Bell's Hopslam!!!!

c1ad864152a9d1a0cb7d1ea7842116cd.jpg

Nice I've got some of these in the basement,very good beer. Sadly I just missed on scoring some Founders Kentucky Bourbon Stout. Hope you enjoyed the hopslam love to hear your thoughts on it.

This weekend's lineup. Getting ready for some NCAA hockey...yes there is something other than basketball going on. I really enjoyed the Left Hand milk stout. Nice score on the Bell's Hopslamvezuju7u.jpg

Of those I've had the Marwhall that's a good beer and i love the dirty bastard. Founders has a Backwoods Bastard that is Dirty Bastard aged in bourbon barrels, missed the bottles this year but I've had it on tap at Founders and it is awesome.

So this is my second bottle of Bell's Hopslam. Just wanted to share some thoughts. Let me set the scene.

Day: Rainy day in New England

Music: Sgt Peppers

TV: Valero Texas Open on mute

Cigar: see below

When I received this I thought it was just going to be another boozy (10% ABV) American IPA. I was wrong. It pours a beautiful golden/copper color. The aroma is floral, citrus and sweet. The mouthfeel is silky. The taste is smooth with wonderful hop bitterness complimented by sweet malt and honey. All of which hide the high alcohol content. What a combination!

As an avid home brewer and beer drinker, I tend to classify beer into categories. Some are bad. Some are good. And some are so good (Pliney, Heady Topper, anything from Hill Farmstead, Kate the Great) that they defy comparison and even description. This beer is close to that category.............

3a13040240a7e4912ede7ef5e1d05948.jpg

1d62636905a0874b1c85b101e22b997c.jpg

Bell's growler to go...my daughters worried I'll be late to pick her up at the airport, and I assured her I'd be stone cold sober!

post-20030-0-00718400-1396203783_thumb.j

Living here in the PacNW there's about any beer you'd want to drink available....we are very fortunate in that respect. Lately I've been going through growlers from a micro brewery that at is turns out, is about three miles from my house...!!

http://heathenbrewing.com/

Their web page has five beers listed, but Friday when I stopped by they had a dozen plus on tap. Transcend and Son Of Malice IPA's are very, very tasty.....ok.gif

Bells Oberon to start of the Spring. Finally hit a nice sunny warm (53 deg) here in Michigan. Prob my go to beer during the warm months.

Living here in the PacNW there's about any beer you'd want to drink available....we are very fortunate in that respect. Lately I've been going through growlers from a micro brewery that at is turns out, is about three miles from my house...!!

http://heathenbrewing.com/

Their web page has five beers listed, but Friday when I stopped by they had a dozen plus on tap. Transcend and Son Of Malice IPA's are very, very tasty.....ok.gif

That's where it started for me, about 1990, Full Sail Ale was my favorite