Cohiba or Fauxhiba?

My buddy came over to the lake for the weekend and brought what he claims are Cohibas...I have my suspicions that they are not. I've included a few pics of this so-called Esplendido and I'm hoping some of the experts out there can advise me as to whether this thing is worth smoking or not.

I've only smoked a few Cohibas so I'm not that well versed in their construction, taste, etc. The first thing I noticed was the band. Although, the gold Cohiba lettering is raised I noticed that the squares seem to be cut off in the middle.

IMGP0823.jpg

Attached are a few pics of the foot as well as the cigar in it's entirety. Please let me know what you think.

IMGP0822.jpg

IMGP0821.jpg

IMGP0819.jpg

IMGP0818.jpg

And the verdict is.........

looks fake, but it wont hurt to fire it up and check out how it taste. :cigar:

He probably will/would, but...

I've only smoked a few Cohibas so I'm not that well versed in their construction, taste, etc.

Wilkey

Whooooooo Thats fake, wrong color, no triple cap, and a horribly fake band. Sorry man your friend got hosed.

but it wont hurt to fire it up and check out how it taste. :cigar:

Mmmmm banana leaves lol.

Out of politeness and respect for my friend I smoked this Fauxhiba while sitting around the campfire and drinking some low end vodka. The scary part is that it tasted better than anything out of my box of R&J Coronitas en Cedros, which are genuinely Cuban...albeit low end Cubans. I guess that just goes to show that a CC can be absolute garbage, too. I would rather buy these fakes than anything by R&J ever again. Not that I'm bitter about buying that box....just sayin.....

• 3 months later...