A plea for smaller photos

Unless I'm mistaken, the Windows OS has a resizer. In Mac OS 10.5 and above, preview can now be used to resize images.

Yep, in MAC OS Preview, goto ->Tools-> Adjust size

Also iphoto can be used:

either the "email" option or the "File->export" option allows resizing.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Windows OS has a resizer. In Mac OS 10.5 and above, preview can now be used to resize images.

Yes. But in order to resize the original larger picture has to be downloaded. And that's what initially slows things down. And that resize happens on the device doing the download. There's a set of server side libraries called imagemajik I believe that intercepts and resizes uploads before they are posted. As for this Site. We can collectively police ourselves. Those libraries tend to get deployed on high transaction sites.

I can agree with cdnbeaver. I encounter this issue at times too.

A very good input by Lisa that I agree with as well - I encounter these problems too, especially in places where Internet connection is poor and sometimes I just give up loading FoH or a thread ( Cuba is such a place, 2 pictures and you give up after 15 minutes "loading" ).

While I post many pictures I always keep this issue in mind and re-size pictures to 15% and no more than 100 kb, I use ACDSee for years and it's perfect, but there are so many programmes out there to re-size, shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with cdnbeaver too.

Me too.

I try and keep all images I upload under 300KB. Not for myself obviously, but as a common courtesy for all who wish to view what I've posted. I sure wouldn't miss the pictures which take up a whole page.

Most other forums I use will automatically resize your image when you upload it if it exceeds maximum dimensions or file size. I would be surprised if whatever software is running this forum did not have the same built in mechanism. Personally it has been a very long time since bothered resizing images I post for that very reason but I keep forgetting FoH forum does not seem to do it.

Most other forums I use will automatically resize your image when you upload it if it exceeds maximum dimensions or file size. I would be surprised if whatever software is running this forum did not have the same built in mechanism. Personally it has been a very long time since bothered resizing images I post for that very reason but I keep forgetting FoH forum does not seem to do it.

+1 for automatic resizing - I honestly don't want to bother with opening a file, resizing, saving again, blah blah blah. It's bad enough that I can't post straight from my iPhone or iPad. :tantrum:

+1 for automatic resizing - I honestly don't want to bother with opening a file, resizing, saving again, blah blah blah. It's bad enough that I can't post straight from my iPhone or iPad. :tantrum:

Get the Tap Talk app and you can.

...What might be better is working the logic into the site that automatically resizes pictures. It can also resize the older pics as well.

+1 on this!!!! I like simplicity.

Get the Tap Talk app and you can.

+1 on this, too. Works for me great, with the Tapatalk app for the forum. The shoutbox is the only thing that doesn't work with this app.