R&J Short Churchill - BUL JUN 11

asmith

So.....the language laws are lifted then??? :stir::devil2:

I haven't seen the vid as yet but I would have hoped that "Editor Smithy" beeped out any offending sections.

it is hard to get good help :lol3:

I've got to get some more of these!

Being able to just email Di with orders = CRACK! Genius Marketing!!!

Great and funny review as usual. :thumbsup:

Wasn't Monte A's turn?

Just need to find the time Hovy....The Monte A is a 2-3 hr commitment...and if it is off I couldn't put up with Kens whinging for that period of time :rolleyes:

SCs were one of the first CC boxes I bought in 09 and they were green and tannic for awhile. Eventually though the flavor started coming through and it was such a good coffee creamy lush smoke, I was sad when I smoked the last few with my coffee on saturday mornings. I always liked the cigars and then started hearing about all the misses so I stayed away just like my beloved famosos that became excellent. Rob find me some famosos dammit.

as for editing language, given the amount of drivel of his own that he left in, hard to see him getting anything else right.

and 2-3 hours with yourself? what makes you think we'd find that a bowl of cherries? have you never wondered why bruce immediately goes on the machine as soon as you arrive? listen to you? listen to bruce? it isn't a coin toss.

I can attest to the reddish wrappers making a difference. I had an AST OCT 09 box with wrappers that color and two boxes of 10 without. The red wrapper cigars were 92-97 point smokes and the 6 out of the other 2 boxes that were just a light Colorado have been average. The 97 pointer has been the best Robusto I have smoked to date. Rob e-mail incoming because I would like a box of 25 with those specific wrappers.

I must have been lucky.

I had a box of 10, that had the darker wrapper, with a bronze sheen.

From Aug 11, they were lovely cherry medium smokes, perfectly rolled.

Posted this somewhere else, while everyone was canning R Y J, not for the first time I was swimming against the tide, so glad you chaps got some good ones, as the last of these and the cazadores I had recently were excellent..

BTW looking svelte there Roberto!

First thing I noticed, Rob is taking the fat bastard comp seriously!

the RyJ SC is probably the only RyJ I enjoy. Nice review gents.

Thanks for the review! They have always been a solid performer for me and I've gone through several boxes over the years. I've always been lucky with the cigars having that reddish wrapper so that makes sense then.

2nd best of the lineup IMO behind the Cazadores.

• 2 weeks later...