Happy Australia Day Mrs Prime Minister

OMG - check this out

http://www.telegraph...iot-police.html

Shows how much policians are despised by some sections of the community (if not the wider community itself).

not that i would ever want to be seen to defend that utterly despicable dishonest grub who masquerades over the cesspool we have instead of a govt, but this might be the one time she was hard done by. apparently, all sparked by comments made by the opposition leader, not her - she just haoppened to get caught up in it. i would not trust him any more than her. they are both lying scum.

if people get the govts they deserve then we aussies must have been very very bad people at some stage.

but after her week, shame that someone didn't shoot them both.

the most astonishing thing i have seen in a long time was the independent, whose vote the grub desparately needed to maintain govt until very recently when a completely spineless moral void called slipper who has had one talent - that of milking the public *** for all he can - decided to swap sides purely out of spite because the unelectable garbage that he is, realised that keeping his party's support for the next election was beyond even his deviousness, and hence provided the grub with one extra vote as a buffer, was stunned to learn that as soon as she didn't need his (ie, the independent mentioned at the start of this tirade) vote in parliament, she reneged on all her promises to him. this poor fool actually seemed surprised by this. amazing.

gillard is such a lightweight

exactly and useless to boot the next election cannot come quick enough I would expect to see a huge backlash

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-31.884681,115.829307

if people get the govts they deserve then we aussies must have been very very bad people at some stage.

Well parts of it were originally penal colonies.

Well parts of it were originally penal colonies.

in fairness, that does not separate us from large chunks of the north american continent. and anyway, it was only the 'minor' crims. if you did much more than pinch a loaf of bread, off to the gallows.

and most of us are now quite proud to trace back to convict links - dad traced links back to francis greenway, an early architect. must run in the blood as my grandfather and dad's brother were both architects. our side of the family could not draw a staight line, though.

I live about 5 min drive from whete that incident happened. Lucky the cricket was on TV... or I may have been tempted to go there and protest as well. Obviously shouting abuse and waving placards for different reasons to those half witted protestors that were there.

I was wondering last week that she is apparently Welsh, doesn't/shouldn't that disqualify her from being your PM?

sadly not. aussie citizen etc. we don't have the same disqualification re place of birth as the states.

also, we the people don't actually choose, or get to vote directly for our PM, tho in practice, many will vote for their local member on grounds relating thereto. we elect a local member and the party with the majority (or in gillard's case, the minority party who conned imbecilic "independents") then chooses its leader.

Sounds like there will be a bit of a change there in the coming few years then, at least from what I've seen the people who care down under are completely sick of the government and everything to do with the system.

I'm reasonably happy with the UK at the moment, but that's after quite a while of some real special cases in places of power and them treating people like idiots and expecting to be patted on the back for doing so.

Maybe you should start a movement Kenny, everyone has to wear Davy Crockett hats and have common sense to join, Bruce for your theme tune and SLR DCs for all.

I'm not happy about the UK right now. Our government spends something like 50% of national income and our national debt has hit the £1trillion mark. I'm a conservative bordering on libertarian and would love to see the state rolled back and citizens free to get on with their lives. Still I think there has to be some balance and governments need to intervene to correct market failure and provide a very basic safety net. I think Cameron is on the right tracks but is constrained by not having a popular mandate and having to assuage his junior coalition partners.

Yeah pretty much, There isn't a great deal the can do at the moment considering the mess they were left with and I think they are doing as best they can under the circumstances. As far as I can see there is no opposition in Westminister so it's just a case of slow and steady.

Milliband is just too scary to even think about being incharge of even a car park and I'd be very surprised if Clegg keeps his seat as an MP next time around.

You saw the worst of everyone.

Scumbucket Professional Politicians and Scumbucket Professional Protesters. The only thing they have in common is that both groups have their snouts in the public trough.

i would hope that my comments above were fairly clear about what i think about them all but to be fair to the politicians, scumbags that they might be, they were attending a function to present awards for bravery and courage etc to emergency workers on our national day. utter disgrace that this happened.

apparently, it came about because abbott had questioned the relevance of the 'aboriginal tent embassy' (i suspect that the vast majority of aussies had no idea it still existed). this is a tent that activists (and this in no way is to demean the motives of those activists and protestors and their causes) had established in canberra near parliament house. apparently, people still attend but i would have thought that it was almost up for national heritage status - i think it has been there since the 70's. it seems completely irrelevant today and the last poll i saw was running nearly 90% in favour of it being moved.

if you object to abbott's comments then fine (and no doubt they were intended to appeal to a certain redneck % of the population) but there is a time and a place to protest. and better ways than appearing as a rabid mob and uncontrolled rabble threatening physical harm to our leaders. the morons behind this set their cause back years. they should jail as many of them as possible.

You saw the worst of everyone.

Scumbucket Professional Politicians and Scumbucket Professional Protesters. The only thing they have in common is that both groups have their snouts in the public trough.

Thank goodness there are ski-mask wearing, patio-dwelling, wine-swigging, cigar smoking crusaders to stand up to scumbucket regimes!

I'm not happy about the UK right now. Our government spends something like 50% of national income and our national debt has hit the £1trillion mark. I'm a conservative bordering on libertarian and would love to see the state rolled back and citizens free to get on with their lives. Still I think there has to be some balance and governments need to intervene to correct market failure and provide a very basic safety net. I think Cameron is on the right tracks but is constrained by not having a popular mandate and having to assuage his junior coalition partners.

Osbornes' concept was that the cutting of the public sector would lead to the private sector would take up the slack. That's not happening.

So every public sector is being slashed, inc policing and the NHS, while private companies are going bust.

There's only so long you can blame the previous government. In fairness, the last" labour" government did it for years. Scumbag polititians.

The biggest weakness in the current government is their fear of tackling big banks and business.

My industry relies on banks lending to homeowners against their home equity. People with £150k equity are being refused £20k loans. So that's another industry stuck.

The boss of Royal bank Scotland is getting £900k in bonus, the tax payer had to buy this bank, due to their incompetence. This boss is making many people redundant in this bank (more on the dole) and he gets a bonus?

We have Goldman Sachs negotiating how much tax they want to pay?!!

I'm afraid none of our polititians have the guts to tackle the people who really rule the world, and who screwed it up, but who still are robbing us.

Reminds me of the 80's.....Tories in, massive unemployment, cricketers being skittled for peanuts....double dip anyone?

I've known some wonderful Aboriginal people over the years. Humble, caring people who work hard and give back to their community but unfortunately what most of us white devils see is the rat bag mob with the huge sense of entitlement.

They believe that because some white guys did a bit of yachting in their waters over 200 years ago that they should forever be given everything on a plate.

The tent embassy may have been relevant in the 70's but over the years it has just become a flop house for layabouts in the centre of our Capitol. How many countries around the world would allow permanent illegal camping next to their seat of government. Not bloody many.

It's little more than government sanctioned vagrancy and it needs to end.

Continuing to bend to their demands and forever throwing money at them is just another form of racism.

Unless a people learn to stand on their own two feet and find some dignity then they are doomed to the inequality that they complain about now.

The tent embassy may have been relevant in the 70's but over the years it has just become a flop house for layabouts in the centre of our Capitol. How many countries around the world would allow permanent illegal camping next to their seat of government. Not bloody many.

our version of 'occupy wall street'?

....Continuing to bend to their demands and forever throwing money at them is just another form of racism.

Unless a people learn to stand on their own two feet and find some dignity then they are doomed to the inequality that they complain about now.

VERY well said, Wazza, and very much agreed with. We have similar issues here in Canada with our first nations peoples. Such a wonderful culture and history to them, but things just always seem to get messed up.