COHIBA Diplomatic Humidor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

COHIBA Diplomatic "palm tree" Humidor, numbered. 30 Lanceros, 20 Robustos, 25 Esplendidos, 25 Siglo VI regards padrinocubano

I thought I had posted a picture in this thread from the El Laguito showroom that shows both the diplomatic box and the palm tree bands - guess it's the picture Andy was referring to, but I don't find

Here are 10 of the Cohiba Lanceros Diplomats "palm tree" cigars that I have and am getting ready to smoke one right now. All this talk about these diplomat cigars, I had to grab some out of the humido

those aren't fake bro....

I think you should explain why you think it's a fake rather than posting simply that it's fake.

Looking at the "special" humidors PC has, I highly doubt he would have missed it if it was, in fact, a fake. Rare, yes but not fake.

I'm not well versed on these things - not well versed at all, but I understand the skepticism - hence my own comment of "interesting".

There has been some chatter over the past year regarding diplomatic cigars with palm tree bands. This reminds me quite a bit of the

"extra run" of original behikes which popped up about two years ago.

If you know where to look, these kind of "rarities" can be found, and I imagine will continue to appear with stories to go along with them.

For anyone interested, I'd highly recommend the book "The Billionaire's Vinegar" by Benjamin Wallace. I tells the tale of how some of the

biggest names in the buying and selling of rare wines were deceived.

Again, I've no idea about these cigars, but I admit I'm a bit cautious....

There has been some chatter over the past year regarding diplomatic cigars with palm tree bands.

I consider that most of this chatter is probabily from un-informed opinion, by people have no insider knowledge.

The following three photos give an insiders view.

Note the Palm Leaf bands (3 sizes) and the King of Spain bands.

post-1158-0-15977400-1324524576.jpg

post-1158-0-50062100-1324524592.jpg

post-1158-0-15424200-1324524728.jpg

thanks for posting this Trevor. I have seen the extra palm band first hand at El Laguito twice this year. They are for diplomatic use. They are typically used for cohiba lanceros however, there are special cases where the band is used on other cohiba vitolas.

I understand that there have been alleged fakes of these floating around however, it is more honorable if you actually know the person posting before screaming out 'fakes'.

Some have the opportunity to share their experiences/finds for other to see that typically would not even have access to. It is a shame that people have ichy trigger fingers before asking.