COHIBA Diplomatic Humidor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

COHIBA Diplomatic "palm tree" Humidor, numbered. 30 Lanceros, 20 Robustos, 25 Esplendidos, 25 Siglo VI regards padrinocubano

I thought I had posted a picture in this thread from the El Laguito showroom that shows both the diplomatic box and the palm tree bands - guess it's the picture Andy was referring to, but I don't find

Here are 10 of the Cohiba Lanceros Diplomats "palm tree" cigars that I have and am getting ready to smoke one right now. All this talk about these diplomat cigars, I had to grab some out of the humido

Here are 10 of the Cohiba Lanceros Diplomats "palm tree" cigars that I have and am getting ready to smoke one right now. All this talk about these diplomat cigars, I had to grab some out of the humidor to take a few pictures for the members of the forum and smoke one also.

Gorgeous Lanceros! From El Laguito?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I am baffled to see Diplomatic Cohibas in someone else's pictures. I have searched for other pictures and stories for the last 6 years and found nothing until now. I came across this posting by mistake... and I am happy I did. I know I am new here, no one knows me or gives a hoot but these cigars are as real as 118F heat in Mesa, AZ.

How do I know? Cause I had one 6 months ago when I retired. I have about 4 sticks left in my humidor and I guard them as they were gold bars... because till this day I believed no-one else had them. Just took a pic of this beauty 10 mins ago... enjoy.

Lev

ps: I just saw the date on this posting, I guess I brought it back from the dead. Sorry... smile.png

qfnl.jpg

ylfe.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am baffled to see Diplomatic Cohibas in someone else's pictures. I have searched for other pictures and stories for the last 6 years and found nothing until now. I came across this posting by mistake... and I am happy I did. I know I am new here, no one knows me or gives a hoot but these cigars are as real as 118F heat in Mesa, AZ.

How do I know? Cause I had one 6 months ago when I retired. I have about 4 sticks left in my humidor and I guard them as they were gold bars... because till this day I believed no-one else had them. Just took a pic of this beauty 10 mins ago... enjoy.

Lev

ps: I just saw the date on this posting, I guess I brought it back from the dead. Sorry... smile.png

qfnl.jpg

ylfe.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

When you say 'you had one' did you mean you had one of the humidors or the cigars?

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing.

When you say 'you had one' did you mean you had one of the humidors or the cigars?

Thanks again.

Syeve,

I smoked one about six months ago.

Timy,

They are regular Cohibas, nothing special when it comes to the tobacco. What makes these cigars special is the fact that they were gifted to Dignitaries and Diplomatic Officials who visited Cuba.

• 2 months later...

As it is in the collectible car world,provenance is important.An item owned by or built for someone famous or a limited edition always commands a higher price. Maybe this also shows why you sometimes see fake collector cars, too.

But,the real items actually do exist. If I told you I have sat in a Healey with a factory Rolls motor in it,would you believe me? Or a genuine 100 S Healey?

I work in a shop that has been fortunate to see extremely rare Austin Healeys on a somewhat regular basis.When I see one, I want to know the provenance and history,the same when I buy a box of aged cigars.

All this will increase my appreciation of the item,and when I see a "questionable" one ,I analyze what I see.Based on the provenance and my experience,I make the call.Sometimes I am actually right.

Also I have met people new to both "hobbies" that really do not know that they have something special.Provenance is the final 10% of the equation that is the most important,always........And people outside certain circles are capable of obtaining rarities.