1st Annual Great Canadian Winter Herf (U.S. Brothers are welcome too)

Can you attend the Herf on Saturday January 21st 2012  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gotcha, Riaz, thanks.

That's Days Inn is one block south of St. Catherines, just south from the MVP bar and grill. Decent spot. However, if there's a Hyatt around, especially closer to Stogie's, I'd be more game for that.

And, that said, if you guys arrange something with a hotel for a "group rate" or something like that, mention to whomever you're booking with of my government ID, see if we can get a more discounted rate. Even if I have to personally call and attach my name to each of the rooms (but I ain't payin' for them all!), if we can use it to get a cheaper rate, why not.

But, I'll leave it to you guys to do the research up there - just let me know if you need to "use" me for this.

I'll be in Nova Scotia for the next month starting tomorrow, but I'm still reachable through here and e-mail. Just let me know if needed.

Well done, lads.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know the LCDH has a nice selections of scotches and rums at a very good price, we could do it there if those here friday night are up for it, then if you want, sunday afternoon we can hit up ilse noire for some scotch tastings also. i'll look into LCDH and get you guys a list of their availeble scotches.

Shlomo, if we go to stogies saturday night, the guys from out of town might want to go to somewhere different friday night...still waiting to hear back from queue du cheval for saturday night.

Shlomo, if we go to stogies saturday night, the guys from out of town might want to go to somewhere different friday night...still waiting to hear back from queue du cheval for saturday night.

riazp, keep us informed about the Friday night. I will be on the south shore for meetings (tentative at this point) on Friday Jan. 20th. I may stay overnight in Montreal on Friday if there's a get together.

Where on the south shore Mike? i live on the shore, there will be something friday night, dont know what yet, but defenilty a get together and a smoke or two friday night

Where on the south shore Mike? i live on the shore, there will be something friday night, dont know what yet, but defenilty a get together and a smoke or two friday night

Meeting would be at our St-Lambert or Longueuil office, not sure yet. Meeting would likely be done by 4:30 p.m.

Meeting would be at our St-Lambert or Longueuil office, not sure yet. Meeting would likely be done by 4:30 p.m.

ok cool i'm in st-hubert, so not too far. I'll keep you posted on whats what. its all depending on queue du cheval right now.

Yes, I know. I was just mentioning that Stogies has a nice list of single malts for the Saturday night event.

Gotcha. Yes stogies has a great list of single malts. Still have not heard back from queue de cheval ill call them today to do a follow up

i wont be able to attend - wife is due mid-feb and our first child was born a month early so i'm on a short leash after xmas.

have a great time boys!!! :buddies:

Ohhhhhh, come on!!!!! I'm in the EXACT same boat - wife due Feb. 14th, and our first was born 2 weeks early (and only a 3 1/2 hour workout for her with our first [!!!!!!], so who knows what the hell could happen with this one!!!!).

I'm rolling the dice, so there might as well be two of us playing "Marriage-Hell Roulette"!!!! LOL.

Yeah, I know the LCDH has a nice selections of scotches and rums at a very good price, we could do it there if those here friday night are up for it, then if you want, sunday afternoon we can hit up ilse noire for some scotch tastings also. i'll look into LCDH and get you guys a list of their availeble scotches.

Gentlemen.....

In keeping with my tight and clean image here on FOH....

I am more than happy to provide the entertainment for the night (performing the roll as "Drunken Fool", with me as the Understudy to KBG [anyone else seen that Spitbucket vid?!!?!?! :covereyes: ]); however, the onus for getting me cabbed home, and keeping me out of jail from my brethren, will thereby rest on you fine lads.

For this favour, I will grant a free public Tasering to any ill-liked inlaws that you may have.... :innocent:

(....just kidding, btw. Sorry....)

will have to check with Stogies but I think the upstairs is half as big as downstairs and the have a bar also in there will talk to Steve the owner next week. This thing is really starting to shape up

and we need to meet to get this thing rolling...and to smoke :D

will have to check with Stogies but I think the upstairs is half as big as downstairs and the have a bar also in there will talk to Steve the owner next week. This thing is really starting to shape up

and we need to meet to get this thing rolling...and to smoke :D

Good stuff Erik, keep me posted.

What the heck is a "baccala"?? Only Baccala I know is Bobby, from the Sopranos!

Its salted cod! Is actually very good in a tomato sauce, I usually add black olives to It too.

Frank, calmati ragazzo, the only thing that will happen to your castagnas is when I take you that place I tolf you about...Il raggaza es molto bene ;)

To all of the guys coming from out of town for the herf.

After speaking with Riaz and Maverick, I will try to get a group rate this week for hotel rooms at where I work. It is the Square Phillips Hotel So hold off your booking for a week or so as I will try to get us a good rate.

I will keep you guys posted early next week!

***UPDATE***

Ok guys, after talking with Frank, Art and others, seems like a lot of you will be coming into town firday night. So it got us thinking...we could also meet up Friday night. Heres the plan for friday night. Seeing how a lot of us are delving into the world of scotch with both feet, and some of us already appriciate the wide world of sctoch, so its only natural that friday night we can meet up at ANOTHER place where we montrealers can smoke inside (yes I AM rubbing it in some more :D )

So Friday Night (jan 20th) we host the offcial Pre-Herf at Whiskey Cafe. Click on the link, look at the scotch menu and you will quicly realise that its scotch heaven.

So I need a updated list people. So I would like for all members who are participating or planning on participating to Post in this tread if yes or maybe they are coming, and which events will they be attending (friday and saturday, friday only or saturday only) I need to gather this information to see how many are interested in each event to help with the coordination. Once I have a ballpark figure,i'll send an email to whiskey cafe to reserve and see what we can do for pricing

(MONTREALERS : we will have to sacrifice ourselfs and go to whiskey cafe to check it out :D )

As for Hotel accomodation, Strada took the ball on that (thank you!) and he'll keep you guys up to date, I think him and Art are planning a little something related to this, i'll let them explain.

Thats it for now, have a good weekend fellas

Riaz

if we are enought i'm sure I can work something out, and again if we're enough we can make a reservation and they can arrange something for us, and Shlomo, I already put you as a maybe.

Hey Riaz, count me in for both days. And if you need any help let me know.

Hey Sam!

Forgot you were a member here! Exellent another paesan!

I'll be in for both days, whatever you guys work out.

I'm iffy on hearing that location for the Friday. Depending on numbers, it would be nice to have enough room to chat and hang out, rather than it being a tight fit. But, that said, I'll leave it up to you guys on that end.

Also, if we do go to a location like that, I don't mind paying a cutting fee. To me, I have no problem paying a small (read: less than $20 or so) fee, to be able to enjoy the facility. I mean, you either buy their cigars, or if not, then you pay a cutting fee to bring your own. If they make some sort of arrangements for us, there shouldn't be a big push to jip them down on any cutting fee - I just think doing so leaves a bad taste in a business' mouth, and makes them less apt to deal with someone again. Me personally, I like to buy a single cigar at a shop if I'm going to enjoy their facilities and smoke, and I'll also support them by buying a few drinks. But, if I smoke more than that one cigar, then it's from my own travel stash, and a cutting fee shouldn't be an issue at that point after already showing them support. Just my thoughts on that. It just helps to support these kinds of businesses, and make them available to us to enjoy (until the govn't writes laws to close them down! :rolleyes::angry: )

Just some thoughts.

I'll repost what I did on FB...

Whisky Cafe has a 10$ cut fee. Try and see if you can get that waived Riaz. Also, the back area where we can smoke is VERY small. There really isnt much room to stand around and shoot the ****, rather its a bunch of secluded booths and tables, and not the easiest for group gatherings. Just a heads up.

I even corrected a spelling mistake...lol

Ok I can live with the cutting fee, but if I remember correctly Shlomo is right the room is not that big