Corona Gordas

My gift...you can select three boxes from the list  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cohiba siglo IV cohiba siglo IV cohiba siglo IV anyone surprised

The Corona Gorda is, hands down, my favortie vitola. Fortunately for me Punch, one of my top 3 marca's has made some beauties in this vitola over the years.

In order of preferance, under the rules.

Punch Super Seleccion #2

Hoya de Monterrey Epicure #1

H. Upmann Mag 46

Email to Lisa for delivery instructions. ;)

If there were no limits on the asterix boxes I would have picked:

Punch Super Seleccion #2

Punch Super Seleccion #2

Punch Super Seleccion #2

For me it would have to be...

1. Punch Royal Selection No. 11

2. Bolivar Corona Extra

3. Cohiba Siglo IV

Punch Punch

Boli RC

Punch RS11

These are turning into my favorite vitola as well now that the long and skinny are becoming extinct.

As usual I am in the complete minority here! What's new, I know?

The RGCE is one of the consistently best cigars that I have ever smoked.

The JL is a reliable medium bodied floral cigar also with a reputation of consistence and quality (MHO).

The ERdM is an elegant and complex cigar with equal footing with the RGCE (MHO). Like the ERdM lonsdale these can be phenomenal cigars!

While I chose the three above I would have likely picked the Punch SS 2 as a box and sold them to pay for the others!!! The Punch has a rabid following, albeit not my one of my favorite cigars. I would not like to be seen by my selection, to disparage one of my favorites the Boli CE. This is an outstanding cigar. It is hard to say in a pinch whether it could not replace one of my choices but overall I tend to like the complexity of my existing choices over this less complex (generally) and more robust cousin. The Boli is a classic for sure.

Thanks H SA... If I had to list your **** ups, I would just start with this list of cigars, and annotate the ones that you have deleted. FU! Add them to the list of cigars that you are not selling me because you no longer make them. More cigars that I am looking to replace, ones once in the Cuban cigar market, now in the NC cigar market. -the Pig

Great reading on this thread.

Members tastes are wide and varied but the Corona Gorda is certainly a firm favourite vitola. Looking through the list you can almost taste the uniqueness in flavour of each one. I keep thinking to those H. Upmann Super Corona's, brilliant sweet cream/shortbread. The closest thing to that profile has been the H.Upmann Robusto Travel Pack. I should ask member opinion on those after our recommendation a few months back. Will do now on another thread.

I love the corona gorda format as well. That is the most common type of cigar I smoke. I've smoked many Siglo IVs and Upmann 46s and the vast majority have been consistent and excellent smokes; very few duds at all. The Siglo IV is a cigar I will always, always go to and have on hand.

Good Grief, Rob...choosing among the Corona Gordas is about the most difficult cigar choice I can make. You should have allowed 5 or even 6 choices!

For the record; I decided I like the Cohiba Siglo IV, Magnum 46 and the Punch Super Seleccion No, 2 best! But, but...that means the ERdM Gran Coronas, SLR Serie A and the H.Upmann Super Coronas are left outside, and they DO NOT deserve that (IMHO)!

The cg is one of my favorite sizes in most cigars, CC and NC alike, when I want something a bit over an hour. Great wrapper/filler ratio, but a decent burn-time as well. If forced to stick to one vitola for life, it would probably be the cg (though it would be really tough to give up my lanceros and pc).

Poll-wise, I put the BCE (my favorite CC of all), and the Mag 46 which is also in my Top 5. Two absolutely superb cigars. I went for the HUSC for my 3rd, because I'd love to try one, lol.

• 2 months later...

I actually would be happy with any of them.I think the Corona Gorda is the perfect size cigar.Too bad alot of them have gotten axed recently.

• 3 years later...