Arrived into HK late Thursday night in the Cathay Pacific Business Class Coffins. Seriously, Cathay must have outsourced the design to Count Dracula. You can't face the window, you can't talk to the person next to you, they run the temp at a balmy 26 degrees and then they ran out of red wine. A score of 1 out of 10 being piss poor (although Nelly you were indeed lovely. Contact Lisa as discussed for employment).

12pm and need a cigar. Staying at the Metropark Wanchai (frist time at this hotel as I normally stay at the Mandarin at Central). Small hotel but very clean, very friendly and smack bang in the middle of one of the wildest districts in HK. Headed to Joe Bananas for a Boli PC and a rum DC. Early night...big day Saturday.

Some wine discussion with the lovely HK wine celebrity Debra Meiburg in the am, a ShooAway meeting, and off to Ravi's office for a quick lunch and catch up. For those not aware, Ravi of COH is a great mate of mine. I could count the number of people I could trust in the cigar world on the fingers of one hand. Rav's is one of those.

Arrived 12:30 PM and off for a quiet lunch. Ravi last seen in a cab 1:30am. Great day, much discussed, cigars smoked, rum and wines drunk, laughter had, world domination planned. I was actually feeling quite refressed so I text Lise and Smithy (forgot it was 3:30am back in OZ)and headed out for a while. Smithy Text me back........the man never sleeps!

I met most of the residents of Wanchai over the next few hours. 4am and hit the sack. I should hve been back by 1am. Plan A out the window.

Saturday today and a host of meetings. Popped back to the hotel now to pick up the product I left behind this morning. I am indeed perhaps not tat the top of my game. Will pop into the Cohiba Divan to say hello to Simon Lau. Hope to catch up with Edward this afternoon for a cigar.

Onwards and upwards. I really don't separate business and pleasure :rolleyes:

I have not had the pleasure to meet Ravi yet but plan on doing so next year when Wifey and I go back to HK but here is a quick story:

A while back Ravi offered some nice, HTF, RE's, I showed some interest but took a pass. About a year later we had a seperate sale go sideways. (nobody's fault, just one of those things that happen) After squaring everything up Ravi remember my interest in those RE's and sent me a few of them pro bono.

I love telling that story.

Complaining about business class. tsk tsk

Didn't you hear me.......THEY RAN OUT OF RED WINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mob:

.....three glasses of red spread over over a 9 hour flight and they run out! Boooooo...Hisssssss!

Shrink shame on you, Rob is completely faithful and sees all human beings as equal, he probably didn't even realize what she looks like as he was engaged in avid discussions regarding wines etc.

BTW, nice Photoshop work, only problem is facial lighting is not the same as the body...

Rob, you have my address :innocent:

Good to see all is well Rob, Ravi is a top notch guy, no doubt about it. You better get some rest, Toronto saturday night is going to be rough :D

No wonder Ravi hasn't sent me the codes list I asked for, he's busy letting you get him drunk, lol! Seriously, he's the only other guy I use.

Have fun in Hong Kong! And if you're ever in Japan (not sure why that would be), let me know!

Speaking of Japan! Are there any good smoking spots in Osaka, Kyoto and/or Tokyo? I'm going to Japan with my dad at the end of the month (matched with a weekend in Hong Kong) I found the standard LCDH's in Tokyo but can't really find anything else (found an old list that includes most of the LCDH's)

Rob, can we trade jobs ? Your trip schedule sounds more like a very nice vacation !

I won't be able to go to the Toronto herf, I would have liked to meet you, too bad ...

Have a good time and continue keeping us up to date.

X2 for the pics :)

I never thought my other provider (Ravi of COH, but what are the chances someone else would have that name in HK.) was also your buddy, Rob. What a small world.

Good to know I have to two top notch suppliers, but I can only get HQ stuff here :ok:

Now if they would just pool their resources and buy PCC. :whisper:

I don't know why Rob is dragging his feet on this one.

Speaking of Japan! Are there any good smoking spots in Osaka, Kyoto and/or Tokyo? I'm going to Japan with my dad at the end of the month (matched with a weekend in Hong Kong) I found the standard LCDH's in Tokyo but can't really find anything else (found an old list that includes most of the LCDH's)

Honestly, Japan is quite smoker-friendly. It's mostly cigarette smokers here, but many restaurants still have smoking sections, and pretty much anywhere outside is okay. Many hotels even have smoking lobbies still. You should be happy :2thumbs:

Shrink shame on you, Rob is completely faithful and sees all human beings as equal, he probably didn't even realize what she looks like as he was engaged in avid discussions regarding wines etc.

BTW, nice Photoshop work, only problem is facial lighting is not the same as the body...

Rob, you have my address :innocent:

The original Photoshop image comes from a site called Winobabe.

They Photoshop the faces of people in the wine industry onto babes bodies, even some guys in there, a bit creepy .

I think we should send them Kens information and see what happens. :surprised:

Honestly, Japan is quite smoker-friendly. It's mostly cigarette smokers here, but many restaurants still have smoking sections, and pretty much anywhere outside is okay. Many hotels even have smoking lobbies still. You should be happy :2thumbs:

Thanks! Looking forward to the freedom of smoking anywhere I want :) My dad found the address of a Tower Records in Tokyo where he might be able to spend an entire day (he's a huge audiophile and TR has been one of his favorite music store since I was a kid and sadly has gone the way of the dinosaur in most countries) So while he's crate digging, I might head over to a LCDH or some nice park and smoke a Double Corona or some other large cigar. Can't wait to explore the city with a smoke in my hand as I've done before in many a country. So excited! :D

This is just my observation. I've noticed the no smoking symbols on the sidewalks almost everywhere in the big cities when I visited the last two years. They have the smoking "sections" on the big street corners where huge crowds gather. I don't remember seeing a restaurant without ashtrays though. :thumbsup:

I love smoking in the LCDHs. I can't compare it to other countries, but you just can't beat Japanese service. The ones in Shibuya and Roppongi are my favorite. Prices are up there though.

Just to add a little bit of info in Osaka there is SuperNova (smaller but good place with large selection) and Bar Arneck (nice place but limited selection).

If you need any other info PM me.

But as it was already said can smoke pretty much anywhere as most will not say anything to the foreigner even if they dont like it..