Cigar Wow of the week

Fatties have been ruling for me for a while now, but this week a Siglo I was the star.

Unfortunately, some head colds are keeping my addiction to a minimum for the rest of the week.

I had a PSD5 EL2008 box code GEA SEP08 the other night. Some nice plume on the dark wrapper. Salt, leather, very savory. Full and fairly strong. Great smoke and burn. I'm glad to see these are coming along well. Especially since the price was not as outrageous as the ELs can be and the lackluster reviews this cigar got over the past years.

The cold weather has been putting a real stopper on things, but I managed to enjoy a really nice Bolivar Petit Corona yesterday. Once again I find myself reminded that anyone who makes the assumption that a darker wrapper makes for a stronger cigar has clearly never smoked a BPC.

*I've had a "pretty good" cigar experience or two this week, but nothing that's really "Wowed" me yet. The one really "WOW"! I got was when I had gotten hold of my first truly authentic Montecristo No. 2. THAT mutha really blew me back!! I'd obviously gotten only "questionables" previously. But that experience with a real true authentic Monte No. 2 placed me in Cigar Nirvanaland I hadn't experienced since my earlier Cohiba Esplendidos way before that.

Smoked my first Monte No. 5 this week from 09 and was I suprised. I have never really tried smaller cigars but with winter I have found that smaller cigars, such as PCs, are quite flavorful and fit in the 45 minute smoking time frame I have when driving home. The Monte No. 5 was a flavor bomb with cedar, chocolate and rich espresso notes coming through with a creamy finish. This cigar truly shocked me. I can only imagine what it may taste like with a little more time on it. Its cousin, the Dip No. 5, bore no resemblance to it when I smoked it the next day. The Dip was an 09 box as well but will definately need some time to come around. Mainly one demensional with white pepper spice and oak. I'm kind of disappointed in it but its still young.

I have been wowed by a couple 02 Partagas Lonsdales this week, but not at all unexpected. Every cigar in this cab has been stellar.

Steve, I want to be you- you manage to have never ending cabs of these. How you been anyway?

My "Wow" cigar of last week was a Bolivar Corona Gigante I smoked on the beach at night in Cabo in front of a roaring fire. The box code was TEB SEP 07. Absolutely fantastic smoke. It was literally heavenly. Paired it with a Hennessey XO.