Essential Aromatics

I've not had a cigar in a few weeks. With all that's happened in Oz recently, I'm embarrassed to say it's been due to weather (cold, snow, rain, cold...).

So the other day I did something I don't often do - I went down and opened my humidors just to have a smell.

I was rewarded with a kind of subtle sweetness and a real sense of vanilla - just lovely. Perhaps being away for a while gave me a greater appreciation

for the aroma of a great cigar (or large group of cigars) :D

I've always wanted to capture that essence and put it in a cologne, of course instead of attracting women, I would only be mobbed by other FOH members hitting on me... :D

I had a real slow start this year too Ross. I am glad to be over it though. I have had a rather biting cold for about 5 days but the damn weather is so nice that I have been smoking anyway!!!

Sometimes it does one well to step away from cigars for a while. Like you, sometime I will open a humidor just for the aroma. I could live in there!!!!

The Czar gang review of the '01 Lanceros got me wanting one so I opened a box and smoked a couple. I was gonna' piggy back their review but never did. Since the pics are now in my computer I am gonna' go ahead and entice you! Cheers. -P

post-79-1295570215.jpg

post-79-1295570240.jpg

post-79-1295570272.jpg

For an even greater effect pull out a nice box and take a wiff :D the thing I love about cigars is that even when you're not smoking, the aging process makes the next time that much better! Dont worry I think a lot of us aren't able to enjoy smoking at this point in the year.

I've not had a cigar in a few weeks. With all that's happened in Oz recently, I'm embarrassed to say it's been due to weather (cold, snow, rain, cold...).

So the other day I did something I don't often do - I went down and opened my humidors just to have a smell.

I was rewarded with a kind of subtle sweetness and a real sense of vanilla - just lovely. Perhaps being away for a while gave me a greater appreciation

for the aroma of a great cigar (or large group of cigars) :D

You sound like a true Canadian at heart. Stuck away from the enjoyment due to the weather.

It's amazing how scents can be so intoxicating and memory-invoking. Ahhhh, the anticipation....

for the aroma of a great cigar (or large group of cigars) :peace:

I hear ya brother. Due to a nasty reoccurring sinus infection I was out-of-commission for 10 days. The built up heavy aroma of cedar and cigars was remarkable.

I love the smell of cigars! one of life's simple pleasures!

But alas not a cheap one :peace:

I've always wanted to capture that essence and put it in a cologne, of course instead of attracting women, I would only be mobbed by other FOH members hitting on me... :D

Or a car air freshener. I would buy that in a second.

I'm sorry Piggy but if the grass is still green, that anit that cold! I went out and smoked a Monte2 on Thursday night while it was -29*. Before you get too impressed I was in the back garage of my smoking buddy with four infrared heaters and a propane patio heater. It made it rather reasonable but I would still say it was -5 to -10 in there. Great Monte2 BTW, I am at the end of a couple of really good 10 count boxes, and I'm reminded of why I like these so much.

G

Or a car air freshener. I would buy that in a second.

I'm sorry Piggy but if the grass is still green, that anit that cold! I went out and smoked a Monte2 on Thursday night while it was -29*. Before you get too impressed I was in the back garage of my smoking buddy with four infrared heaters and a propane patio heater. It made it rather reasonable but I would still say it was -5 to -10 in there. Great Monte2 BTW, I am at the end of a couple of really good 10 count boxes, and I'm reminded of why I like these so much.

G

I said I had a cold mate! Not it was cold. Been in the 70's and 80's on Isla Piggy and probably mid-seventies when I smoked the Lanceros. Hell I shot paint with an airless on some French doors today! Now I have got my sights set on a cigar despite MY cold! Cheers mate. -P

I said I had a cold mate! Not it was cold. Been in the 70's and 80's on Isla Piggy and probably mid-seventies when I smoked the Lanceros. Hell I shot paint with an airless on some French doors today! Now I have got my sights set on a cigar despite MY cold! Cheers mate. -P

Attaboy! I hate a quitter. :D

Oooops! My apologies good sir. It's that darn dyslexia creeping up on me again.

I though that seemed kind of weird. I should have read it more carefully.

Attaboy! I hate a quitter. :D

Down to a chilly 55, don't know if I can hack it! -LOL Needed to put on a sweat shirt to finish my '01 Exquisitos. Damn fine cigar. I needed a pungent little bugger to cut through all that snot in my sinuses!!! :D Off to feed ponies now! -P

Oooops! My apologies good sir. It's that darn dyslexia creeping up on me again.

I though that seemed kind of weird. I should have read it more carefully.

No sweat amigo! I am a cold weather ***** these days anyway. I took the grandkids to see snow over Christmas and the temp was about 12 deg. F. I lasted a little while gettin' the kids suited up. Lady Piggy stayed in the truck with dog... engine running of course. The kids... well they lasted about 15 minutes! CITY KIDS! -LOL

The middle one, Seth, after I dumped a little snow down his shirt says, "I can't feel my nose; I think that the snot is frozen to my upper lip." He went back in the car shortly their after. Not much constitution on Lady Piggys side of the family!!! :lol: