Best Pizza?

Great post on burgers! Thought we could talk Za as well! Know there are lots of ChiTown and New Yorkers out there to give us feedback! When I lived at 8800 feet in Colorado I had Lou Malnatis fed ex every weekend. Not as good as the restaraunt but it did the job! What's your fave?? Lots of great joints out there off the radar!!

Man, I'm dying here after looking at all of those burger pictures!

Chicago: Edwardo's "stuffed" pizza (a bit different than "deep dish"), spinach a favorite, but I wouldn't turn down the meat combo.

Boston: Santarpio's (thin crust), the garlic pizza is my favorite, and have to have a skewer of grilled lamb and homemade sausage with it.

Rick

I'm in between the 2 pizza joint's (Chi&NY). Gotta say I like that Chi Pie. Can't remember the name of the place but I remember standing outside waiting to get in and there being writing all over the walls and everywhere. Was a great atmosphere and even better "za" (Pizza).

Tocconelli's in Philly makes the best period. Brick oven thin crust. You have to pre order due to they only make a certain number per day.Check it out!!

I don't eat a ton of pizza, but like the ones we make at home. I had a great one at a place named Fricano's in Grand Haven Michigan - super thin crust.

Generally speaking I like a thinner crust well cooked. I'm not a fan of the thick / stuffed pies.

Tocconelli's in Philly makes the best period. Brick oven thin crust. You have to pre order due to they only make a certain number per day.Check it out!!

Used to be a place in Philly, Manayunk actually, that was in the basement of a row home off of Umbria that made something called "tomato pie", just a big sheet pan of pizza dough with a rough tomato sauce on top. Heaven. I'm pretty sure it's been gone for a while now.

Rick

Pizza is the perfect food. The list is too long to list but I'll try. The best 2 pizzas in the world, yes in the world, are DiFara which is in Brooklyn and Johnnys which is in Westchester County. There are other greats in NYC such as Totonnos, Patsys, Moto, and Grimaldi. Pizza the perfect food.

Guest Elektrobot

I have had pizza all around, including the old pizza parlors in downtown Chicago- and I've gotta say that the best pizza I've ever had is in a little tiny town in southern Indiana. Vincennes Indiana.

It's a hidden gem.

Their stuffed pizza is just the best around. The owner really knows what he's doing.

http://www.procopiospizzaandpasta.com/

I don't know if he does it on purpose, or if just happened by accident, but it is a gourmet treat in the middle of a burnt out dilapidated town.

My wife and I try to stop past as much as possible when traveling through on the highway.

ZA'S PIZZA on Bardstown Road in Louisville, Kentucky. Their spinach, garlic, oodles of cheeze homemade crust pizza - too great too much to describe!!! :2thumbs::buddies::P

Theres a great place here (as close to NY pizza as my city gets) that makes a great white pizza. Crust, ricotta, mozzarella and nothing more. The shop is owned by a real NY Italian family, which we have very few here!!

Pizza is the perfect food. The list is too long to list but I'll try. The best 2 pizzas in the world, yes in the world, are DiFara which is in Brooklyn and Johnnys which is in Westchester County. There are other greats in NYC such as Totonnos, Patsys, Moto, and Grimaldi. Pizza the perfect food.

You listed all the greats except the best of them all. Lombardi's hands down.

Well, it all comes down to how they handle two key ingredients,

1; Frech tomatos. If they use caned tomatos, or ketchup its not good.

2; Fresh (maximum two days old) Mozzarella, if they dont make it frech in the restaurant its not good, period

So far I have only had excellent pizza in Italy. I have had Lombardi and they make there own fresh mozzarella and its good and probably the best in NY.

cheers

The 'New Evo' in Loreto Aprutino (Abruzzo, Italy) has the best pizzas I've ever tasted. I stayed there for a week and ate there five times...

Only thin crust of course, but they make one (forget the name, my Italian is extremely limited) that has a baked cream topping (no tomato), fresh wild picked mushrooms and parma ham with a drizzle of truffle oil. Even now 4 years later the thought of it makes me drool.

Only thin crust of course, but they make one (forget the name, my Italian is extremely limited) that has a baked cream topping (no tomato), fresh wild picked mushrooms and parma ham with a drizzle of truffle oil. Even now 4 years later the thought of it makes me drool.

Just for the record, what you describe is not a Pizza but something that is called Flammkuchen/Tarte flambée and the topping should be crème fraîche and the meat should be lardon. Its not from Italy instead it comes from Alsace and get them either in France or in Switzerland, its one of my favorit "fast" food.

For the penultimate NY pizza it is probably a toss up between Grimaldi's and Lombardi's...Patsy's and Vezzo try, but don't come close. The best neighborhood pizza is this place I found near my in-laws in Queens called John's.

EDIT: I forgot to add that in the Windy City, by Pizza of choice comes from Gino's East. Best deep dish around. Overall though, I still have to hand it to NY pizza. Would love to visit Italy one of these days and see and taste how it is really done.

Even though we have all the famous deep dish ones. (CHi) Such as Lou Malnatis, Pizzereia Uno, Gino's East, Giordanos, Home Run Inn, Etc Etc. The best part of living in Chicago (or its suburbs) is that there are at least another hundred more that serve a killer pie as well (just not as well known)! They also serve a style called double dough thats my favorite over deep dish and thin. Kinda of like a thin crust, "ie" no pan used to bake it but more dough used when making it.

Even though we have all the famous deep dish ones. (CHi) Such as Lou Malnatis, Pizzereia Uno, Gino's East, Giordanos, Home Run Inn, Etc Etc. The best part of living in Chicago (or its suburbs) is that there are at least another hundred more that serve a killer pie as well (just not as well known)! They also serve a style called double dough thats my favorite over deep dish and thin. Kinda of like a thin crust, "ie" no pan used to bake it but more dough used when making it.

And there he is. The procurer of the pies for us Michigan gomers. Sup Justin.