My First Cigar of the 2011

It's already 2011 for Aussie's which will be your first cigar of the 2011?

I will start with a Punch Diadema.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS OF HABANOS!

Good question...I'm going to have to put some thought into this one. Luckily I've got about 10 hours until 2011 arrives in NY.

***I s'pose I'll smoke my last remaining Behike which is the BHK 56.

I shared a couple of Cohbia Sublime Xtra this evening with a good friend to welcome the new year. 2010 has been a very tough year, hoping 2011 is a lot better!

*That Behike may have to wait - it's 55min. until the balloon drop and I know I won't be fully alert to enjoy my hefty 56 ring gauge smoke! LOTS happening today, not just with New Year's Eve festivities!

My first smoke of the year was a 2008 PSD4 It started off smooth and leathery, gave off some cocoa and coffee bean. Into the final third it let me know who's boss with some pepper and ended off with more cocoa and a touch of walnut. The winter weather was snow free and "balmy" considering the norm is usually below freezing. A real treat and hopefully a good sign.

Happy New Years everyone!!

While I didn't get to ring in the new year with a cigar, my first cigar was a Cohiba Lancero from 2008. It was meh...let's hope my 2011 turns out better than my first cigar of 2011. I literally left almost half the cigar unsmoked sitting in the ashtray.