Havana Cigar News

Scoop :party:

Partagás Serie D No 5 to be a part of the regular portfolio of the brand. To be announced at the Festival and presented as a new product.

Along with it, the introduction of another size. Partagás Serie E No 2 also to be launched at the Festival (I need to confirm the size)

Both these cigars will be presented at the opening night.

H.Upmann new vitola. Half corona. (ring gauge 44 by 90 mm long). Bloody great to see another half corona into the Habanos lineup. This will be presented on the Wednesday night of the festival.

Montecristo Gran Reserva to be launched at the Gala Dinner. Piramide format ala Montecristo Number 2.

" (ring gauge 44 by 90 mm long). "

90mm, really? That must be the shortest cigar since the revolution. 20 mm less than a minuto. Is is that they've finally heard about "Nubs"?

Thanks for the news by the way, interesting stuff. I wonder how fat the "Serie E" will be.

Interesting news! I personally thought the Magnum 48 would be the next Limited Edition to be added to the regular line-up, the Partagas D5 kinda surprised me. But many have said it has come a long way since the release and the one I smoked this summer was pretty much amazing. I'll have to wait and see if the new release will stand out.

Partagas has (had) pretty much every size imaginable, what can the Serie E offer us? Serie D = Robusto's & the occasional Corona, Serie P = Pyramid's, Serie E = ??? Are they gonna trow us a HUGE curveball and make it a Panetela line? ;) Or another short and fat cigar?

I'll have to wait and see if the new release will stand out.

Partagas has (had) pretty much every size imaginable, what can the Serie E offer us? Serie D = Robusto's & the occasional Corona, Serie P = Pyramid's, Serie E = ??? Are they gonna trow us a HUGE curveball and make it a Panetela line? ;) Or another short and fat cigar?

I was expecting a general release of the Partagas P1 (Jar) without the Jar. I still think it will be it and if so it will be a welcome addition.

I was expecting a general release of the Partagas P1 (Jar) without the Jar. I still think it will be it and if so it will be a welcome addition.

But why change the name and most importantly the number? Noella's were a regular release, and their name hasn't changed after the re-release with Jar. I still think the clue will be in the Serie E, something completely different.

But honestly I'd love to have a box of P1's without having to spring for the jar ;)

I'm really happy about the new Upmann, and I'm hoping the PSE2 is a simple corona gorda and not some 58 ring-guage monstrosity . HOWEVER, I really wish HSA would do permanent line-extensions for say Ramon Allones and Por Larranaga rather than Upmann and Partagas. Don't get me wrong, I love Upmann and I love Partagas, but as of right now, I have boxes of 9 different Partagas vitolas and 6 different Upmann vitolas in my humidor. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for more variety in those marcas.

Confirms my belief that there is a method behind the EL madness. The Serie D5 (a critical failure, here), another HSA crash test dummy.

In addition, they appear to be very scared to go outside the "rain maker" marques. They need winners right now and the smaller format D5 at a reasonable cost may indeed find a market particularly in Europe.

Confirms my belief that there is a method behind the EL madness. The Serie D5 (a critical failure, here), another HSA crash test dummy.

Lol. Sounds more like madness than sound methodology.

Bore your core market with a generally unimpressive, certainly overpriced product (EL). Lose any chance for a buzz prior to a mass-release.

Why not just establish regional tasting/marketing panels represented by varied consumers? Give these chaps free cigars to taste and surveys to complete?

Maybe I am missing something?

If it was up to me, I would release a Partagas SD3 (corona gorda) in both 'natural' and 'maduro' wrappers. I think this would create buzz, please the 'hard-core', and make good money. 10, 25, and 'limited' 50 ct. boxes.

Lol. Half-serious and fairly off-topic. Carry on.

Scoop ;)

Partagás Serie D No 5 to be a part of the regular portfolio of the brand. To be announced at the Festival and presented as a new product.

Along with it, the introduction of another size. Partagás Serie E No 2 also to be launched at the Festival (I need to confirm the size)

Both these cigars will be presented at the opening night.

H.Upmann new vitola. Half corona. (ring gauge 44 by 90 mm long). Bloody great to see another half corona into the Habanos lineup. This will be presented on the Wednesday night of the festival.

Montecristo Gran Reserva to be launched at the Gala Dinner. Piramide format ala Montecristo Number 2.

Hi Rob,

I heard that the Serie E 2 should come as 54 x 140 mm cigar. Heard nothing about the shape.

The Upmann size is correct. Should be a cool smoke.

Happy smoking

Lars