dumber than soup

A QUEENSLAND man is savouring the sweet taste of revenge after setting a trap for a thief who broke into his car and swiped his mobile phone. When the victim realised he'd been robbed, he called his phone and to his surprise the thief answered.

The thief said he'd return the phone and other pilfered items at an agreed rendezvous point in Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, but only if the victim coughed up some cash.

The victim contacted police and when the thief showed up to collect his bounty on Wednesday, police swooped.

An 18-year-old has been charged with breaking into a car, theft and extortion. He's due to face Toowoomba Magistrates Court today.

*You know police persons say they figure that's why some people resort to crime - they're too dumb to do anything else or hold a real job.

*You know police persons say they figure that's why some people resort to crime - they're too dumb to do anything else or hold a real job.

I think that is true for the common criminal, but to be a true criminal mastermind...I think you need to be pretty damn smart. Who are these people? Sadly, I'm not smart enough to know.

In my country that man would have a line of "civil liberty" lawyers begging to take his case so they could sue the police for entrapment and interfering with his rights to burgle in privacy or engage in contractual negotiations with another party!!!

I am a banker from NY state in the US and I can top that.

A bank robber came into one of my companies branches and tried to Rob the teller...

The teller told him they couldn't give him his money without any ID...

The robber went to his car and GOT THE ID and brought it to the teller so he could rob her.

I am sure I don't need to say that he's some dudes boyfriend somewhere by now.

I am a banker from NY state in the US and I can top that.

A bank robber came into one of my companies branches and tried to Rob the teller...

The teller told him they couldn't give him his money without any ID...

The robber went to his car and GOT THE ID and brought it to the teller so he could rob her.

I am sure I don't need to say that he's some dudes boyfriend somewhere by now.

Yup, that sounds like some that we've had on this side, too! It's amazing - the variance in criminals anymore; the absolutely daft, that you almost feel like not handcuffing and giving another chance to, and then the completely genious yet psychotic that are true dangers to everyone.

Yup, that sounds like some that we've had on this side, too! It's amazing - the variance in criminals anymore; the absolutely daft, that you almost feel like not handcuffing and giving another chance to, and then the completely genious yet psychotic that are true dangers to everyone.

Almost as dumb as that 911 call I heard about a year ago... the guy called 911 to report a drunk driver while he was driving: himself.