This one's for Piggy!

Quote - "While Cuban cigars are also getting thicker, the six-by-60 trend remains, for now, an American phenomenon. Thick cigars in the Cuban world tend to top out around in the mid 50s, such as the Montecristo Sublimes Edición Limitada (54 ring gauge), the Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill (55 ring) and the Cohiba BHK 56 (56 ring.)"

And that's the way it should stay.

Hey, I'm a HUGE fan of Robustos and Piramides. But, even with my big yap, anything bigger than a 50 ring gauge or so just starts to feel uncomfortable.

This is just another fad trend brought forth by NC's, I think. A stupid appeal for the whole bigger-is-better mentality.

I was in my local shop yesterday and I happened to pick up a 6 x 60 cigar from a box on the counter and was shaking my head. One of the owners just looked at me and said: "Yea but I am selling a lot of cigars like that. . ."

So I think it certainly is a trend currently. Not one I care for. B)

I'm prepared to admit it - there is a certain novelty factor in these cigars that I do enjoy.

My most regular smokes are Petit Corona's, but when the opportunity arise to try something massive like this, then I jump at it. It's something different and fun and I enjoy it for that.

Would I buy a box? Maybe one day. But will they ever become anything more than occasional visit for me? Not if I had all the money in the world.

I have but one thing to say Chris...

I get shivers when I see my name it a header!!! -LOL

60 ring ******* cigar... anal intruder especial! THANK YOU NOT! 60 rings of boring, tasteless, smoking pablum, YUK! - Yoda Piggy :2thumbs:

From the article:

"Six-by-60s are off the hook—it's the new wave," said Jeff Schwab of Schwab's Pipes N Stuff in Lexington, Kentucky. "If they make it in a 60 ring, I'm buying it."

..."it feeets rights heere wheres my teeff outta' be!" Can you say "purdy mouth?" -P

More pics of Mkz's post.

**No problem. My brother-in-law would have that thing smoked down to the nub in about 7 hours. I kid not! No he's not a big guy. He just sucks 'em down in unbelievable record time. We worked on getting him to slow down. Now he would have that big stick gone in about 11 hours!